“Front Desk Service Was Aweful”

Baymont Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North
Ranked #371 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Miami, Florida, United States
“Front Desk Service Was Aweful”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Family of Four arrived after Midnight. The front desk clerk a sour looking black lady in her late 30's or early 40's was rude to me and my wife. We paid with cash and she was handed the money yet when it was time for her to give us the change she never counted it, she basically just threw it at us, so to speak. She was very impatient as well.The night time security guard was very nice though. We went to speak to the manager the next morning and the house keepers warned us that it was no good.. They stated that everyone complains about the front desk clerk at night but she was untouchable. Erica and Luis Ponce

Room Tip: The room was nice. Attempt if you can to obtain a room on the North side of the Hotel. the south sid...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 7, 2012

...well, one really does want the hydraulics to work, so when all 242 of us learned that they were "fried," we knew we were in for a 12-hour delay. After a couple hours of hemming and hawing, the airline parceled us out to various hotels in some large circumference around Bush International, and a group of us found our way here. "We're on the list for all the airlines," the clerk added cheerfully, "but all we see are folks from United." You do the math.

I was a little put off by the wavy acoustical tile in the lobby and the lack of an elevator, but I will have to admit that the room I received was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It was intriguing to note that the sign on the back of the door listed the room charge as $139. but the airline voucher I signed noted the cost at $42, closer to actual value IMHO.

Bottom line: if you get a great deal and insist on a good room, it's a decent if uninspired choice. Our early departure precluded a chance at breakfast, but other reviewers indicate it serves the purpose.

Room Tip: As far away from the freeway as possible...I turned off the a/c and kept the windows closed and it w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
kaufman, texas
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here a few nights while attending a conference. The price was so cheap i was really almost scared to stay there. But the rooms were clean, comfortable, and the area seemed safe. Right off I-45 so very convenient to anywhere. Will definitely stay there again! Great free breakfast too. Hot waffles, etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

ok, first of all, the front desk lady in the mornings was so sweet and helpful. great person.

as far as the hotel. i went to houston on business and had this hotel booked for me, without seeing it. so i looked on the reviews at various sites and saw horrible reviews.
ill be honest, it scared me to read them. they said bed bugs, i personally checked for them since my husband does pest control and he told me how. no sign, sheets were clean beds decent, room was clean. there were some things that could have been cleaner, such as they didnt vacuum the corners, and the bathroom door had some cleaning stuff or something on the door... it did not effect our stay in any way, the stuff that counts was clean.
one reviewer said bad neighborhood, couldnt get out of car, drug dealers and prostitutes in the parking lot. i was a female traveling with other females and we came in at 12 midnight all 3 nights and didnt see anyone or anything suspicious.
the breakfast was waffles, cereals, and pastries, with coffee, oj, and milk. they also had oatmeal packets. the front desk person was always tending to it. it was never overly crowded. we traveled in january. the only thing even close to an issue was that i saw two roaches in my room. that was a little icky, but i only saw one on one day and one the next, none the next. you never know what people bring in their bags, so they could have come with the previous occupant. lol. anyway, if you just want someplace clean, that you are only going to be sleeping at while you travel or lay over... it is fine. it does have outside doors, but that didn't cause any issues. the neighborhood isn't bad, it is right near all of the most expensive car lots around.. you drive down the street and see luxury car dealer after another. oh the tv was unplugged in the back, and they fixed it immediately. i never felt threatened or unsafe. we came in until 1 a.m. traffic from airport was a little loud once or twice..... not enough to keep me up.

Room Tip: choose the side with the locked gate it is quieter. to right of hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed one night. Very clean and pet friendly. The downside..too many 18 wheelers in the parking lot which made it hard to park our car. Had a strange man ask to "buy a smoke" while walking to the lobby. Otherwise, clean, easy to I-45, and nice breaskfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed two nights this past weekend. Originally booked for one night but went up early and they had a room ready to go. The price was great for last minute and they were very friendly and accommodating. The reservation we had booked for the one night was charged a month before (when they never charge until you get there unless you are a no show) and had us listed as a NO SHOW. However, since we were charged, we were not charged for the second night we stayed since we technically already payed. The room was very clean, there was a security guard on staff at night and they sincerely took care of any issues we had. It was a great experience and I will stay there again if we go back to the area. Only complaint is the beds were (double bed room) small.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed on 4th July. The beds are comfortable. Rooms are nice n clean. Good value for money

• Stayed July 2011
Raquel R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thanks, our staff really works hard to deliver the service you deserve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Quality Suites North
Days Inn and Suites Houston North/Aldine
Quality Inn & Suites North
Quality Inn & Suites North
#363 of 508 in Houston

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North? Share your experiences!