“over all just good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #367 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“over all just good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed one night. Very clean and pet friendly. The downside..too many 18 wheelers in the parking lot which made it hard to park our car. Had a strange man ask to "buy a smoke" while walking to the lobby. Otherwise, clean, easy to I-45, and nice breaskfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed two nights this past weekend. Originally booked for one night but went up early and they had a room ready to go. The price was great for last minute and they were very friendly and accommodating. The reservation we had booked for the one night was charged a month before (when they never charge until you get there unless you are a no show) and had us listed as a NO SHOW. However, since we were charged, we were not charged for the second night we stayed since we technically already payed. The room was very clean, there was a security guard on staff at night and they sincerely took care of any issues we had. It was a great experience and I will stay there again if we go back to the area. Only complaint is the beds were (double bed room) small.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed on 4th July. The beds are comfortable. Rooms are nice n clean. Good value for money

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Raquel R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thanks, our staff really works hard to deliver the service you deserve.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family and I chose this hotel for its price and proximity to IAH aiport since we were flying out early morning the next day. We had booked a few days prior to the stay with a very sweet young lady Named Tamika. However, when our group arrived for our stay, we were greeted by a ruded front desk clerk by the name of Nikki. Nikki was very rude and unprofessional as we asked for information regarding the locations of nearest resturaunts and general questions about wifi in the rooms since our group wanted to check in for our flight online. She is definately in the wrong profession and her poor customer service skills and lack of communication is indicative of such. Again, the positives, Its a 15 minute commute to IAH. Rooms were ok, as long as your expectections are not looking for a 5 star and rather a bed to get some rest. Simple, clean and economical. Front desk person Nikki needs reevaluation. Awful customer service.

Room Tip: Room Near Pool
Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Hotel had a number of problems including uncomfortable beds, small bathroom and showers. Our room also had a number of living and dead bugs in the bathroom of our room. We also saw a few rat traps in the parking lot which was unsettling. The room also had stains on the carpet. Neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not good

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed overnight. Placed seemed decent. It was clean and in an okay neighborhood. We were right by the pool. Nothing luxurious but not a motel. Bed was comfortable. Bathrooms were clean although floors were waxy feeling. Towels were clean. Shower was ok. No problems and not dirty but not 5 star (its not a 5 star hotel anyways so it shouldn't be a 5 star shower). No bugs seen and i always check the beds for bed bugs everywhere i go. Overall I had no problems with my stay even though it wasnt exceptional, but I definitely would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

My partner, his father, and I spent nearly a week at this place on a househunting trip to Houston. We prepaid through hotels.com. Never again. We had two rooms; Dad's was fine, but not ours. The first one had no Internet connection. It was also very loud because of the pool, the 18-wheelers in the parking lot, and the freeway. We were offered to be moved, so I went to the new room to make sure the Internet worked. It didn't, plus the room reeked of cigar smoke. I reported this to the front desk and the clerk told me the room was non-smoking. This resulted in a short argument, so I said we'd just stay put. The next day, we were offered yet another room. I took my laptop over to test the Internet and it worked slowly but at least it worked. Since we were in town shopping for a house, the Internet connection was really important. They told us this room would be quieter, but it actually wasn't. Some shady characters seemed to be having a late-night party along the breezeways. Each time I called the front desk to ask to speak to the manager, I was told she was not in for the weekend and would be back Monday morning. I called the Baymont toll-free number and reported all the problems. They said a complaint would be filed and I would be called (which has yet to happen, and that was three days ago). On Monday morning after we went out for breakfast, I visited the public restroom off the lobby as we waited for our real estate agent to come pick us up. No sooner had I gotten myself situated, the door handle rattled. I said, "Pardon me." Then the doorknob jiggled again and there was a very loud woman's voice yelling as she banged on the door, "IS SOMEONE IN THERE???!!!" I yelled back, "Well, yes, that's why the door's locked!" "WELL, EXCUSE ME, SIR!" she yelled back and I heard high heels clicking on the stone floor outside. I was so appalled. So when I finished in the rest room, I was determined to speak to the manager. I thought the clerk behind the front desk was the person who had banged on the restroom door. Then I saw a professionally dressed woman in the hallway and I asked if she were the manager. She said she was. I asked to speak with her and she invited me into her office. I proceeded to enumerate all the problems we'd had, and she kept interrupting me. She was not listening at all. So I cut to the chase and asked her to have a word with the front-desk clerk about banging on the restroom door. Then the manager said, "That was me." I said well, next time, you might want to identify yourself or speak in a more polite manner. This woman proceeded to basically rail me out, saying the bathroom door was not supposed to be locked (if you can imagine such a thing), and that I should have known she wanted to get in there by the fact that she jiggled the door handle. At that point, I realized I was speaking with perhaps the most coarse person in the profession of hotel management I'd ever encountered, so I said, "This conversation is over. I'll speak with your corporate headquarters about this." At that, she got up from behind her desk and ceremonially ejected me from her office, slamming the door behind me. All in all, an awful introduction to life in Houston and a place that does not deserve even the lowliest hotel brand on its sign. Nor does the manager Raquel Rooney, one of the rudest people I've ever met, deserve the job she has. The other staff deserve a better boss.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank vanenglish
Our staff and I try to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all our guests. It is also customary that when a guest calls the 800 number a response is mandatory. Unfortunately, I never got to resolve the issues in questions due to guest not meeting with me during his week long stay. I did meet with him upon his departure and the only thing he complained about was the knocking on the rest room door.