“Great ginger mojito ”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Come dine with us at Straits at our new location in Houston!
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Great happy hour! When I go, I feel like I'm in California... It has a light beachy vibe. This is a different Asian fusion restaurant and while I think the prices outside happy hour are a little high, this place is really good, and fun with a group of friends to sit outside and enjoy!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The place was in a good location, let me talk about the food first, the menu had some interesting choices, got curious, I ordered the banana blossom salad, that was refreshing, presentation was excellent, I enjoyed that , the satay, both chicken, and beef were yummy. My son had the Singaporean noodles, I like that too. The only one that I did not care for was the mussels, the taste was not fresh, we were given credit since we could not really eat it. The staff paid attention to us, service was great. Our waitress was always around, and as attentive to us.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to straits for New Years and the bouncer at the door, a very tall Asian man, was profiling and mostly letting Asians in. My fiancée at the time was appropriately dressed, wearing a button down shirt and nice jeans and dress shoes and he claimed he couldn't let him in because he was dressed appropriately. I was very upset but we walked away. As we walked around the back, we noticed a couple of Asians in there wearing hoodies and sneakers! Tell me that isn't discrimination! He didn't want to let him in because he was black!!! It's a shame and breaks my heart at how ignorant some people are.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

went in to check it out. service was impeccable and the staff was educationally excellent. The menu is amazing and the food selection are one of a kind. The atmosphere is amazing from couches to bar to full service restaurant. I ate at the bar and had good entertainment from bar staff. I will visit this place whenever in Houston.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I visit the restaurant last Friday (oct 11, 2013). I usually go with my husband and baby for lunch or early dinner and we have had a good time. Last Friday we went with some friends and as soon as we enter a waitress named Nathaly came to us welcome and gave us some water, we felt great. After 20 minutes waiting for someone to help us with our beverage, we ask for someone to help us, after a few minutes a waiter came that said sorry because Nathaly asked him to help us because she didn't want to deal with us because we speak Spanish ( which by the way we were talking in Spanish in our group but not with her or even the new waiter) she refused to help us because she wasn't comfortable with the Spanish speakers. Now I wonder, is discrimination or what? We love the place, food and atmosphere but we felt discriminated and mistreated by Nathaly. I sent an email to the restaurant and I haven't heard from them yet.