“Comfortable hotel with a few issues. Expensive.”

Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor
Ranked #194 of 508 Hotels in Houston
paris
“Comfortable hotel with a few issues. Expensive.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This Holiday Inn is not a bad hotel, but there is nothing great about it. The rooms are big and comfortable but in fact they are identical to what you will find in any hotel in that category.
There are a few minor issues :
- the pillow is way too thick if you sleep on the front like me
- walls are thin: you can hear the guy in the next room on the phone
- the breakfast in either limited (buffet) or expensive (on the menu)
- the restaurant is bad
Considering those issues and the price of this hotel (very expensive : some nights were charged more than $200 !) I will probably choose a cheaper option next time, as I used to do before (for the same quality)
The indoor pool and fitness center, both quite good, do not compensate this disappointing stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ramdam75,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy our rooms were comfortable for your needs. I apologize though if the soundproofing conditions and breakfast experience were sub par. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you can give us another opportunity in the future to host you again.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just had my second stay at this hotel. Stayed 3 nights while attending business meetings in the area.

Check in was friendly. The room was large, queen size bed, sofa and a desk. There is a fridge, but no safe. Bathroom was very nice. Complimentary internet. Parking is easy accessible and complimentary.

The staff in the restaurant are very friendly. Breakfast is good, you can order from the menu or there is a buffet.

The only thing to complain about is how thin the walls are. The guy in the room next door had a telephone conversation, and I heard every single word he said. Also, you hear it when people are using the shower or flushing the toilet. The A/C giver some buffer from the sounds, but whenever it is off your hear everything

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi Vestfoldgirl,

I'm glad to hear, for the most part, that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love hearing about how friendly are staff is around the property. I apologize for you being able to hear guests in an adjacent room, and it is an issue that we are working on addressing.

In the meantime, if you'd like to call the hotel at 281-679-6900, and ask for Kristen, our Guest Services Manager, we would be happy to give you some IHG Rewards Points for the inconvenience.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again when you're here for business (or pleasure!). Have a great week!
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for business
Comfy beds with choice of soft or hard pillows.
Clean ad spacious rooms
Morning buffet average but can order off of menu too
Weight room and pool are on the small side
Staff always helpful and happy
Will stay there again

• Stayed September 2013
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Suzycabo! Thank you so much for staying with us, and pointing out all that is great about our property! I apologize about the size of our weight room and pool, but just to let you know, next time you stay with us, we have an agreement with a local full-service gym right up the road (well within complimentary shuttle boundaries) so when you check in, let the front desk know, and we would be happy to set you up with a pass to that gym if it would make your stay with us even more enjoyable. Thanks again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I needed a place not too far away from home . . . some place where I could focus, without distractions, and get through the grueling tasks of annual certification classes and exams for various Medicare plans. What a wonderful place to go for good food (the salmon I had for Friday's dinner was excellent, and the next morning's breakfast was also superb), a super, super clean and well-appointed room, and really nice folks who work there. When I ventured out for a break there was a nice, comfortable seating area in the lobby, and the folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. If have had my share of traveling, sometimes from one place to the next from one day to the next. This is the kind of place I would love to have when I'm away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
AHoxie, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly stay while you got some important work done. Please come see us again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Last week, I spent several days at this Holiday Inn location for a training meeting for work. Not only was the room, sports bar and conference facilities great, but the staff was excellent as well. After a late night with the work team, I encountered Lydia at the front desk who offered myself and my group members wake up calls as well as took it upon herself to give us followup calls as well to ensure we didn't miss our meeting! Furthermore, overhearing that I was dealing with a summer cold, she also pointed out the availability of cold medicine at the hotel store. It appears as if she has a heart for hospitality and will go far in this industry!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We held a yearly conference at this location and were impressed with the service, food, and facility. They really catered to all our requests. We enjoyed the first floor restaurant.Breakfast burrito was delicious! Many restaurants are in walking distance for those who want to get away. Nice exercise room and pool. We were happy to stay where we worked for the week. We like the central Houston location for the commuters attending the conference. Very friendly staff to us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Krum, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel for a living to give an idea, I Hit Platinum for 2014 in March. My office is locate a couple of blocks from here. I am writing this review because of I what read in a couple of reviews. I started by going all the hotels around here before picking one as my home away from home. This by far the best hotel around this area. The staff is amazing and go overboard to make sure that you are taken care of. I read a couple of the reviews and was amazed at so of them. One said that there was no tube, there is if you book the right type of room, which is an executive room. the other rooms are smaller and do have shower. I don't understand how this the hotels problem if the customer did not book the right room. I also read the review about bugs, I have stayed in just about every room in thhis hotel and I HAVE NEVER found anything close to what this person wrote. I stay in hotels all over the U.S and i hate when people do not give credit when credit is do. I stay easily spend 3rds of the year in Hotel across the U.S. this is truely one of the best!

Room Tip: It is always a good idea to call the hotel first and ask them about any special needs you my have. T...