“Pleasant, comfortable, and close to the airport”

SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #13 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasant, comfortable, and close to the airport”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We spent one night here during an extended layover at IAH, with two young children in tow. Although we arrived late and left early, the 5-minute complimentary shuttle ride was fast and timely.

As other reviewers have stated, this property looks and feels brand new as of early 2013, with bright, spacious, and colorful rooms. The standard two-queen suite had plenty of space for our family of four, including room for a portable crib, and the separate sitting/office area with a modular table was a nice touch, especially since we ordered a takeout dinner to eat in. Because there are separate shower and powder rooms, each with its own sink, getting cleaned up was quick and painless even with multiple guests.

Beds, linens, and other appointments were all very comfortable, but the air conditioning was quite loud and cycled on and off frequently, which detracted a bit from an otherwise restful night.

Although we were told at check-in that only cold breakfast items would be available before we had to leave at 7AM, we found a full spread waiting for us at 6:30, which was a pleasant surprise. The buffet had the usual cereal, juice, fruit, and coffee, as well as eggs, bacon, and waffles, and it was hearty enough to save us from having to buy more food at the airport or on our next flight.

Overall, the IAH SpringHill is one of the nicer airport hotels I have stayed at, and I would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Snowkarver
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Snowkarver,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your family staying with us at SpringHill Suites. I'm glad you liked our modern looking property as well as our clean and spacious suites. We appreciate your recommendation for future travelers, and we hope you'll visit us again. Safe travels.
Devin Frank, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We needed a hotel close to the airport for we were flying out early the following morning. The hotel is only 3 years old and is very thoughtful in its design for the business traveler. There is a separate sitting area with a desk. There is a separate powder room which I found to be very convenient. There were numerous plugs for our gadgets which is a big plus. The design of the hotel is very "modern and clean" looking. It has a European look to it. I would stay at a newer Springhill Suites over a Courtyard or Residence Inn now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
DMMGTM,
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review about your visit. We're glad you chose to stay with us while preparing for an early flight out of Houston. I'm pleased to know that you liked our clean, comfortable suites as well as our fresh, modern look. We're glad you liked our SpringHill Suites, and we hope to see you again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 2, 2013

First off this hotel is very convenient to the IAH airport. The hotel looked almost brand new with bright colors to lighten up the room. The room consisted of a separate shower/toilet room and separate living area and the bedroom. The room felt really big and would be good for an extended stay with 2 people. The staff was very good and friendly and the breakfast was your standard waffles, cereals etc. Overall the location can't be beat if needing to be near the airport!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
figment7,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad to hear that you liked our hotel and great location near the IAH airport. I'm pleased to know that you liked our friendly staff because they work hard to provide great service with a smile. Please visit us again if your travels bring you back to our area. We look forward to seeing you again.
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites January 5th and were very pleased with the accomodations. The suites were roomy and well designed - shower and washbasin in one area and a separate bathroom with toilet and sink in another area, making it easy for several people to get ready in the morning. The bed was very comfortable with nice, good quality sheets and bedding. They provide a complimentary hot and cold breakfast including waffles, oatmeal, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. There is an outdoor pool which looked like it would have been nice in warmer weather. Although you do have the airplanes taking off, they don't fly after 10pm. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rita T
Rita T,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites, and we're glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us the next time you're in Houston. Thanks again and safe travels.
Fort Worth, TEXAS, USA
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Perfect for before long trip very close to the airport has shuttle !
The only bad thing was the big heater/ air conditioner machine that was in the room on and off all night but at the same time could be worst with the planes taking off ,
Very nice and attentive staff!
Will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
MARINELA1962,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you had a nice, comfortable stay with us and liked our property. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and attentive as they aim to provide the best service possible. Should your travels bring you back to our area, please visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.
Colorado
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The suite, a queen double with sofa bed, was modern, nicely configured and appointed, and clean! The beds were very comfy, with a choice of pillows.

The airport shuttle service is great, and the drivers are skilled and courteous.

The hot and cold complimentary breakfast was generous and offered quite a variety. More than your standard fare. The dining area is a bar/cafe seating, and not large, so breakfast was a bit crowded.

There is a small menu for lunch and evening, dining in the bar/cafe area, or order for taking up to your room. On the evening of my arrival, I went down to order a meal. Opting to dine in the bar/cafe area, I ordered the turkey on croissant. I asked for it with no onions or cheese.

When it arrived, both were in the sandwich. When I mentioned it to the waitress/bartender, she giggled and told me she didn't hear me say it. Her behavior suggested she was poorly trained for serving. After she left the table, I removed the cheese and onions myself and set them aside.

Paying my bill was a matter of trying to divert her attention from her conversation with a couple of bar patrons. After getting the bill, I realized she wouldn't be back to the table again, so I was obliged to present myself at the bar with the bill and my credit card.

The rest of the staff, with this exception, was stellar. Very thorough and professional.

I recommend staying here, and if you choose to, try to get a room away from the airport side. During my stay I was on the 6th floor away from the airport side, and it was blissfully quiet. The only drawback was a fairly noisy wall heating/cooling unit. I was able to leave it off at this time of year and the room temperature was fine.

Room Tip: Room away from airport side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
DenverDsigner,
Thank you for staying with us at SprinHill Suites and writing a review about your experience. We're glad you liked our property and had a nice, comfortable visit. I apologize for your server's behavior and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We will do some re-training so we provide the best customer service possible. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us.

Houston
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I rented a room at this hotel for a one night stay for my sister's birthday. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are nice but I didn't like the way the shower is separate from the toilet area. The beds were extremely comfortable but the AC unit in my room was loud and kept me awake for the majority of the night. The check-in process was ok except for the fact that they had me down for 2 reservations but the young lady that checked me in was nice and corrected the problem. Check out wasn't as pleasant. The young lady named Anne was rude and didn't say hardly 2 words to me when I was checking out. She told me to wait until she was through doing whatever she was doing on the computer. Overall I had an ok stay but I wouldn't be interested in staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012
Sinettra B,
Thank you for your review. Your business is appreciated and we're glad you were our guest. I'm pleased to know that you liked our property and comfortable beds. I apologize for the a/c unit disturbing your sleep as well as your check-out being unpleasant. Your feedback is important to me and I'll use it constructively. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will come and visit us again.
Devin Frank