“Comfortable Beds!”

Ranked #15 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Derby, KS
“Comfortable Beds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for a quick over nighter when our flights got cancelled and had to drive the remainder of our trip. The rooms were a little expensive but not more than what you would expect for a nice place near a major airport. The Suite was clean serviceable and quiet. The beds were wonderfully soft and I loved them. The room had a unique design where the commode was located in a different area than the shower. But that was nice to accommodate the use of the shower and bathroom facilities by two different people. The breakfast wasn't great but what hotel really has a good breakfast anymore. All in all it was short but nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
ppelkowski,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. Although a short visit as you mentioned, I'm pleased we were able to provide a quite, comfortable place for you to rest. We're glad to have had you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Devin Frank, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spent two nights here on business. The hotel is VERY close to the big airport. The area feels safe and secure. Very nice hotel, good folks, very large and comfy room. Good breakfast buffet. Pretty much everything you'd want in a modern US business hotel. Only three issues.

1. The glass in the windows is double paned, not triple. That means, when a jet takes off in the general direction of this hotel, which they did periodically while I was there, it is LOUD.

2. Because I was given a room closest to the street, I could plainly hear traffic all night. Be sure to get a room away from traffic.

3. The curtains are set a ways off from the windows, allowing a LOT of light to leak around the edges in the morning.

For me none of this was a big deal, as I'm local and can sleep anywhere. But for some international travelers who want a really dark room and serious quiet, this might not be the best choice.

And, a bottle of water when I arrived would have been nice. But other than that, loved it, and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Godzilladude,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad to hear that you liked our spacious suites, friendly staff, and delicious breakfast buffet. If your business travels bring you back to our area, please come and stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.
Ooltewah, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We were very impresssed with this hotel. The rooms are clean, modern, and nicely appointed. The breakfast was delicious and offered plenty of variety. The gym was large and had updated equipment. Overall a very good value.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paigesmd61
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
paigesmd61,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we're pleased you were impressed with our hotel. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was only in the Houston area for 1 day and chose the SpringHill Suites because of its proximity to Houston Intercontinental Airport. Arriving at 10:00 pm, I checked in with a very pleasant and polite Yvonne Aguirre.

I informed her I wanted to return my rental car that night instead of in the morning prior to my flight. She said it would be no problem and gave me the specific location where the shuttle driver would meet me at the Rental Car Center. 15 minutes later, I had returned my rental car, got a lift from the shuttle, and was settled in my room.

The King Suite was clean, modern, inviting, and exactly what I wanted.

The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes so catching your flight is not a problem.

Great location near the airport and several gas stations to refill your rental car, however dining options are minimal as the closest restaurants are fast food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
IA_Hawks,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting the Houston area. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our friendly and helpful staff, and I'm glad our shuttle service was very helpful for your traveling needs. If your travels bring you back to our area, please come and stay with us again.
Sseattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites for one night. The airport pickup service leaves the hotel every 30 minutes. I must have been at the end of the cycle as my pickup took 45 minutes. Next time I will ask when I call.
I was staying on reward points as these were a much better bargain than the increasing cost (up to $185 per night). The front desk was hesitant to give me a top floor (6th) room since I was on points, but then decided they could do that. If the reward rooms are not allowed on particular floors, it might be better for the front desk people to NOT mention this as this policy did not endear me to the Marriott Rewards program. When in my room, the room looked just like any other in the hotel.
You do hear some of the jet plane noises, but this did not keep me awake at night. The hot breakfast is similar to what you would find at Hampton Inn, etc. with heated up sausage patties, eggs, make your own waffles, etc. Coffee is available 24 hours. This hotel is popular with business men. I was the only woman at breakfast - but, no problem. There is a computer with a printer in the lobby - handy for printing out boarding passes and at no cost.
I would suggest eating dinner elsewhere. The bar choices were limited. The hamburger I ordered was not good. If you are without a car or too tired to walk for approx. 10 minutes, you probably won't have other choices.
All in all, however, a good stay.

Room Tip: It appears that all rooms are the same except for bed configuration. You might try asking for a roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank VPMarketing
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
VPMarketing,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed as our guest and had a pleasant visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us.
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I usually stay here whenever I have an early flight out of Intercontinental Airport. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable. The layout of the bathroom is "unique" and takes a little getting used to. Overall a great property with a nice staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
DavidWB95,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you choose to stay with us when you have an early flight. We appreciate your business and hope to continue to serve you well. See you soon.
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We overnighted here from LAX on our way to Latin America. The hotel was clean and spacious, and more than I expected. Ironically, there was an ad for SpringHill Suites on the plane tv as we landed, and the room was exactly like the ad :-) The staff was very friendly. The only issue we had was when we called for a pickup at 11:30pm, it took 30 min to get us, which seemed interminable with 2 young kids. The driver was very friendly and the actual ride took about 8min. The breakfast was just ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jon L,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us, and we're pleased you liked our property and staff. I apologize for the shuttle service arriving late for your pickup. I can understand what you mean with having two kids. We're glad we were able to provide a clean, comfortable stay for you and your family, and we hope you'll visit us again at SpringHill Suites.