“Excellent hotel!!!”

SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #17 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Highly recommended! Very clean, friendly staff, awesome hotel service, best breakfast buffet with choice of bacon or sausage and egg included. I will definitely stay here the next time I go back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Cruizerlady,
Wow, thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad to have had you stay as our guest, and delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. I greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel and staff. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. First of all, I've never stayed at a Springhill Suites before, although I am Marriott member, and a very huge fan of Marriott hotels. I was incredibly surprised by what I found at Springhill. The room was meticulously clean and the rooms are exactly what you see in the commercials. My room was very spacious with a great layout, wonderful bed, great TV channel choices, FREE Wi-Fi (with simplified login) and incredibly clean bathrooms (toilet and vanity bathroom is separate from the shower bathroom).

The breakfast was fine for a free breakfast. There are plenty of choices to choose from including a variety of cereal choices, scrambled eggs (although not real eggs they were pretty decent), Canadian bacon, sausage patties, french toast, fresh waffles, oatmeal (with nice toppings), three choices of fruit juices, fresh fruit (bananas & apples) and plenty of coffee.

I was on a business trip, and the morning of my business meeting, I went to the little market adjacent to the check-in desk as I was looking for a pack of gum. The nice gentleman at the check-in desk asked if he could help me find something. I said I was just looking for a pack of gum. He said that unfortunately they don't sell any, but that he had some gum. He reached in his pocket and handed me two sticks of gum and said "I hope you have a great day!"

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Fonzecu,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're delighted to have had you as our guest, and pleased you enjoyed your stay. It's always nice to hear from a guest about being pleasantly surprised with our hotel because we want you to love what you see and experience the best. We hope you'll come and see us again for another exceptional visit (and another stick of gum).

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently held a 1-day meeting at the SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. The property was very clean and the staff courteous and professional. The meeting room facilities here are absolutely first rate as was the service. The restaurant is the typical budget/business hotel breakfast buffet but they do have bar and sandwich service in the evening. Calling it a restaurant is a bit of a stretch, however, and I didn't try the food or the bar service.

The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. Easy enough to relax after a long day. Bathroom facilities were huge, with the toilet and shower in separate rooms. Would be very convenient for multiple people in the same room.

I've put this property on the top of the list for when my company needs to organize meetings in the Houston area again. Well Done SpringHill Suites!

Room Tip: You are at an airport property and you WILL hear airplanes.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

David B,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. We greatly appreciate your compliments about our facility and meeting accomodations. It's great to hear you're placing us at the top of the list for meeting areas. We hope to be hearing from you again and scheduling another exceptional meeting arrangement.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here as we had an overnight connection at IAH, and chose if over another chain which we usually use based on TA reviews. It was a good choice!

There is no automated dial from the airport but the information desk will call the hotel for you. The pickup took about 10 minutes. The drivers, both ways, were courteous -- please do tip them. We were told there was no need to reserve for the trip back to IAH and, although we were a bit skeptical, it worked perfectly. Check-in was easy and routine; I was advised my points had already been credited. The bill was under the door the next morning, no added charges, and check-out was equally simple and efficient.

The room was large, looked exactly like the hotel photos, and was impeccably clean. The decor was simple and pleasant, in cool colours of blue and green. No bath, but the shower was good. There are two small bathrooms, one with toilet and sink and another with shower and sink/vanity. Both have sliding doors to maximize space use. There were adequate plugs for electronics, and the wifi was very easy to use -- did not require signing in repeatedly.

We went to the bar for a small meal. Unfortunately for us, only two veg. choices on the menu. The nachos were ok, not great (fake "nacho cheese, which we would never knowingly order), but the guacamole was plentiful and very good. We had to ask for salsa. There was only one cook at 8 pm, so our food took over 30 min to arrive -- not her fault, but I would have skipped it knowing about the wait. I would recommend paying with credit card and adding the tip to the card, so the cook gets her fair share of tips.

There are also several restaurants within walking distance.

The bed was very comfortable -- my husband even liked it better than our Sterns & Foster at home! Despite proximity to the airport, we weren't bothered by noise during the night. One important room feature is that the TV is not on a wall bordering another room, so less chance of hearing someone else's TV.

The pool/gym were as shown in the hotel photos, but we didn't have the chance to try them.

The only main complaint we had was the breakfast area. The breakfast itself was fine, not crowded, but there was NO china or silverware at all. Everything was styrofoam or plastic -- although if you order from the bar/restaurant later, they will use real plates/cutlery. Presumably this is to save money/labour at breakfast, but it is completely enviro-unfriendly. Even worse considering they have a sign at their front desk about "recycling"! I almost downgraded the hotel because of this but otherwise everything was so good, I think they do deserve a top rating.

Overall this stay was excellent and we will definitely return for any overnights at IAH.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

CrystalVancouver,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We’re pleased to have had you and your husband stay with us while visiting the Houston area. I’m glad you found our rooms to be clean and our beds comfortable. We hope your travels bring you back to our area and you’ll come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

From the airport shuttle driver to the front desk staff everybody was extremely welcoming and friendly. It feels like everybody in the staff I'd truly personally invested in making the guests feel welcome.
Rooms are spacious and super clean.
Not a big fan of the location. It's good for the business traveler but kind of in nowhere land.

• Stayed: September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Malatestiano,

Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff. We do have an exceptional team here, so it’s always great to get positive feedback from our guests. We hope your travels will bring you back to the Houston area and you’ll have the great opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family of 3 spent a night at the SpringHill Suites at HIA for an overnight layover on the way home from Belize. We arrived in the evening and had a flight out around noon the next day. Our expectations were for a comfortable hotel with an airport shuttle, where we could have a casual dinner, relax and maybe watch a little TV, then have a decent breakfast before heading back to the airport the next morning. SpringHill Suites was surprisingly expensive, moreso than the Hyatts and Sheratons in the same area, but I chose it based on the great reviews and because it had a "real" restaurant that was open late. We would be arriving after a long travel-day and didn't want to have to leave the hotel for dinner.

The shuttle pick-up at the airport went smoothly though I did have to call the hotel and ask what the process would be. We had to call the hotel on arrival; so make sure you have the phone number with you! Check-in was easy and the staff friendly and welcoming; appreciated after a long day of traveling. Shuttle service back to the airport the next morning was equally smooth.

Our room was as advertised; spacious, clean and modern. We had a 2-queen "suite" which consisted of one large room with a partially divided sitting/work area with a sofa and work desk. There was one large flat-screen TV, microwave, small fridge, coffee maker. Small individual reading lights on the bed headboards are a nice touch. Overall, very nicely organized and good amenities for a business traveler.

The toilet is separate from the shower, which made it convenient for multiple people. The only thing we disliked was that they both opened directly in front of the beds.

While we were very happy with the room and front desk service, we did have one major complaint about our stay. The restaurant was awful. Actually, it was beyond awful and, frankly, bad enough that we wouldn't stay at this hotel again, at least for the same type of stay. We had simple items -- a burger, club sandwich, chicken wings, side salads. When we asked for the burger to be cooked 'medium', we were informed that they were all PRE-COOKED already... we knew our odds weren't good right then and there. My husband was the only one who actually complained about his club sandwich... only because the toast was so stale and hard, he couldn't bit through it. We were tired and it was late, so we just gave up.

We almost never stay at an "airport" hotel and we rarely eat any meal but breakfast at a hotel but it seems to me that a business or airport hotel boasting a restaurant should at least be able to put up an edible burger. I was wrong. The continental breakfast next morning (included in the room rate) was as expected and adequate for our needs.

It's difficult to give a single rating for our experience since the hotel itself was perfectly fine, but for the price and our expectations, we were disappointed.

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

DetTigerFan,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We’re glad to have had your family stay with us at SpringHill Suites upon your return from Belize. I’m truly happy to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable one, and hopefully you received a good night’s rest as you continued your journey home from a long travel. I apologize for your unpleasant experience at our hotel’s restaurant. We never want our guests to be disappointed so I will personally look into this situation and make the changes needed to ensure our restaurant serves the best food possible. Safe travels to all of you and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a very nice hotel just as other reviewers say. It is new and the room designs are different and modern. I love the colors in the rooms and the sliding bathroom door! I also love the work area as well as the larger sofa. The staff were very friendly as others have said. Paula was great and the airport shuttle driver could not have been nicer. Even though I had a little hiccup at check-in, it was not anyone's fault really but the front desk staff were on top of it and fixed everything in less than 2 minutes. I appreciate their efficiency after my long trip. I only gave 4 stars because I stayed 2 nights and my room was not cleaned and my trash was not removed from the room and both cans were overflowing. I am not sure if they have a policy of not cleaning a room until the guest leaves or not. I looked at it as an oversight and I will not hold it against them. Otherwise, it was a wonderful stay. The pool is outside but it rained my entire stay so I did not get to use it. Everyone was helpful and concerned and I appreciated all of it. This is my new "go-to" hotel when I am in Houston.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie H
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Debbie H,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. I will follow up regarding the housekeeping issue you experienced; I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks especially for recognizing the staff, it made their day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!
Yours Truly,