SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #16 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Pikesville, Maryland
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My recent stay was FABULOUS! I was even Marriott Rewards Member for the day. The room was excellent (bed and pillows made you not want to go anywhere but sleep) and loved how everything was laid out in design. There was a shuttle that provided runs to and from the training site that I had to attend. Staff were great (Kudos to Terry Traylor) and the breakfast was super. I will be returning there in the future and this hotel will be number one on my list.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
los angeles, California, USA
Reviewed November 18, 2011

There is a shuttle to and from the airport, a great breakfast, and the staff is very helpful. There is an incredibly friendly guy-Terry-I think was his name, that just puts a smile on your face. Rooms were huge, bed was comfy and they had HBO:) I'd stay again if I needed to be by the airport and get Marriot points. My only bad feedback was that the room had an interesting smell. Not good or bad, just not normal. Hotels really need to consider scent-the really top notch hotels always smell great.

Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2011

There is really nothing bad to say about this hotel. The room was very new, spacious and comfortable (with a separate study and lounge area!), the buffet breakfast was more than adequate in the choices offered, and the reception staff highly enthusiastic and helpful! Even though we arrived early in the morning at 8am, the staff scrambled to get a room ready and did everything they could to help us settle in (such as offering us immediate breakfast and dropping us to the rental car center to get a rental car). The bed was so comfortable my wife took the sheets out to check its model so that she can get an exact one as well!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel more than exceeded our expectations. The room was very spacious and comfortable. It looked BRAND NEW. The high ceilings (10 feet) and large space made for such a pleasant stay. The toilet area is separate from the shower area. This is a huge plus when you are sharing the room with several other people. There is a huge closet in the room - large enough to keep ALL your belongings out of the way. The beds and pillows are among the most comfortable I've ever come across in a hotel. The staff was amazing. They are professional and friendly. As we walked past the front desk one morning we were pleasantly surprised when 3 staff members each greeted us with a genuine smile and "good morning!". The lobby is beautifully decorated and the complimentary breakfast was good. The hotel is conveniently located near Intercontinental Airport. I would highly recommend this hotel. This is the future of what we can expect of hotels.

Room Tip: Any room is good actually! haha
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I visited Houston on an overnight trip and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful! The bed was very comfortable and there was a mini fridge and microwave in our room which was a very welcome find. In the morning there was a continental breakfast with choices such as: waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, sliced bread, muffins, eggs, sausage, and a couple of juice choices. There were some other choices but I can't remember all of it. The breakfast was filling and hot and started our day right. Although short, it was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel is amazing. It appears to be new. It has a unique feature, the shower and toilet are in seperate rooms on either side of the closet, it's great when you have more than one person in the room. The staff was great, the full breakfast is very good. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: It's right down the street from the airport.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Wow! So I was so pleasantly surprised and impressed by this hotel that I am right now writing this review as I am lying down, snuggling under the covers of the huge king sized bed in the room. So I am in Houston for a 12 hour overnight layover during my long treck from Madrid to Hawaii. I knew I wouldn't be up for summing it in the airport after almost 12 hours of flying (with 9 more to go in the am) so I found this place through expedida. I was picked up very promptly right outside from the baggage claim area and the hotel was within 2 miles of the airport. I mean, all I needed was a safe and nice place to sleep, but once I checked in, I was immediately impressed with the hotel. Checkin was quick and efficient. Once I got into the room...I was BLOWN away. It was huge (but then again, I am in texas and everything is huge here eh?). It was decorated in a modern, chic way, very much like many of the boutique hotels I've been too. It's obviously been newly renovated so everything was clean, brand spanking new. the bathroom is great, with a standup shower and this device that also gives you a horizontal spray...nice touch! There is a little sitting area in the room, and the bed is super comfy.

It's very nice and an amazing deal. Having just finished my trip to Spain and having stayed in 3 different 5 star hotels, this place really gives them a run for the money (room quality wise anyways).

I can't really comment on the food or the bar, but so far, the room and the service have been excellent. If you're looking for a good deal during a layover in Houston, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: They take requests..whether you want a room on the ground floor or higher up. Although close to the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo