SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
$127
$209
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$259
$145
Official Site
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate toiletoperations manageran early flightbetween flightsnext morningintercontinental airportthe shuttle driverrental carsitting areafree breakfastfree shuttlewould definitely stay here againan overnight staydesk staffbusiness travelerroom was largelate check
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I visited Houston on an overnight trip and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful! The bed was very comfortable and there was a mini fridge and microwave in our room which was a very welcome find. In the morning there was a continental breakfast with choices such as: waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, sliced bread, muffins, eggs, sausage, and a couple of juice choices. There were some other choices but I can't remember all of it. The breakfast was filling and hot and started our day right. Although short, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel is amazing. It appears to be new. It has a unique feature, the shower and toilet are in seperate rooms on either side of the closet, it's great when you have more than one person in the room. The staff was great, the full breakfast is very good. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: It's right down the street from the airport.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Wow! So I was so pleasantly surprised and impressed by this hotel that I am right now writing this review as I am lying down, snuggling under the covers of the huge king sized bed in the room. So I am in Houston for a 12 hour overnight layover during my long treck from Madrid to Hawaii. I knew I wouldn't be up for summing it in the airport after almost 12 hours of flying (with 9 more to go in the am) so I found this place through expedida. I was picked up very promptly right outside from the baggage claim area and the hotel was within 2 miles of the airport. I mean, all I needed was a safe and nice place to sleep, but once I checked in, I was immediately impressed with the hotel. Checkin was quick and efficient. Once I got into the room...I was BLOWN away. It was huge (but then again, I am in texas and everything is huge here eh?). It was decorated in a modern, chic way, very much like many of the boutique hotels I've been too. It's obviously been newly renovated so everything was clean, brand spanking new. the bathroom is great, with a standup shower and this device that also gives you a horizontal spray...nice touch! There is a little sitting area in the room, and the bed is super comfy.

It's very nice and an amazing deal. Having just finished my trip to Spain and having stayed in 3 different 5 star hotels, this place really gives them a run for the money (room quality wise anyways).

I can't really comment on the food or the bar, but so far, the room and the service have been excellent. If you're looking for a good deal during a layover in Houston, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: They take requests..whether you want a room on the ground floor or higher up. Although close to the airport, I haven't heard a single plane
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here 10/3-10/4/11 to be near the airport for an outgoing flight. The hotel was wonderful! Very friendly, helpful staff. From check-in to check-out the stay was lovely. The decor was beautiful and everything about hotel was top notch. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Naturally, I migrated towards this property for two reasons. First, the positive reviews from other TA folks, and the proximity to the airport. I was seriously considering the Marriott attached to the terminal since my flight departed at 5:40, but the cost made it seem silly.

Generally I stay at Hilton properties, and there is a Hampton Inn across the street I was tempted to go with, but this property had so much going for it.

The rooms were fantastic. Clean, well-organized and well lit. The shower was clean and allowed for an immense amount of steam to build up (if you wanted that). Kohler fixtures, and nice flooring. The builders did not skimp on properties.

The bedding was clean and luxurious. The bed was hard though. I like a harder bed, so this would not be a negative in my mind, but if you prefer a softer one, the european feel and design of the bed and mattress may leave others with a more uncomfortable experience. Plenty of pillows of varying densities were provided.

The hotel restaurant had a decent menu. I had a chicken quesadilla which was above average; the prices of the bar drinks at happy hour were reasonable.

In the morning, as my flight departed before the stated breakfast time, they still had milk and cereal available, but no bowls. I asked, and was promptly given utensils. Nice touch!

The shuttle does only run every 30 minutes, so prepare your times accordingly. It was no more than a 7 minute ride to the terminal.

The internet was indeed fast, that's often a drawback at properties with free wifi or internet is that the speed is capped or reduced; not so here.

Overall, this property was fantastic, and the service and amenities made it worth choosing, above other higher-star-rated properties in the near vicnity.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business