“A FANTASTIC HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“A FANTASTIC HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel is amazing. It appears to be new. It has a unique feature, the shower and toilet are in seperate rooms on either side of the closet, it's great when you have more than one person in the room. The staff was great, the full breakfast is very good. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: It's right down the street from the airport.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Wow! So I was so pleasantly surprised and impressed by this hotel that I am right now writing this review as I am lying down, snuggling under the covers of the huge king sized bed in the room. So I am in Houston for a 12 hour overnight layover during my long treck from Madrid to Hawaii. I knew I wouldn't be up for summing it in the airport after almost 12 hours of flying (with 9 more to go in the am) so I found this place through expedida. I was picked up very promptly right outside from the baggage claim area and the hotel was within 2 miles of the airport. I mean, all I needed was a safe and nice place to sleep, but once I checked in, I was immediately impressed with the hotel. Checkin was quick and efficient. Once I got into the room...I was BLOWN away. It was huge (but then again, I am in texas and everything is huge here eh?). It was decorated in a modern, chic way, very much like many of the boutique hotels I've been too. It's obviously been newly renovated so everything was clean, brand spanking new. the bathroom is great, with a standup shower and this device that also gives you a horizontal spray...nice touch! There is a little sitting area in the room, and the bed is super comfy.

It's very nice and an amazing deal. Having just finished my trip to Spain and having stayed in 3 different 5 star hotels, this place really gives them a run for the money (room quality wise anyways).

I can't really comment on the food or the bar, but so far, the room and the service have been excellent. If you're looking for a good deal during a layover in Houston, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: They take requests..whether you want a room on the ground floor or higher up. Although close to the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here 10/3-10/4/11 to be near the airport for an outgoing flight. The hotel was wonderful! Very friendly, helpful staff. From check-in to check-out the stay was lovely. The decor was beautiful and everything about hotel was top notch. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
IND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Naturally, I migrated towards this property for two reasons. First, the positive reviews from other TA folks, and the proximity to the airport. I was seriously considering the Marriott attached to the terminal since my flight departed at 5:40, but the cost made it seem silly.

Generally I stay at Hilton properties, and there is a Hampton Inn across the street I was tempted to go with, but this property had so much going for it.

The rooms were fantastic. Clean, well-organized and well lit. The shower was clean and allowed for an immense amount of steam to build up (if you wanted that). Kohler fixtures, and nice flooring. The builders did not skimp on properties.

The bedding was clean and luxurious. The bed was hard though. I like a harder bed, so this would not be a negative in my mind, but if you prefer a softer one, the european feel and design of the bed and mattress may leave others with a more uncomfortable experience. Plenty of pillows of varying densities were provided.

The hotel restaurant had a decent menu. I had a chicken quesadilla which was above average; the prices of the bar drinks at happy hour were reasonable.

In the morning, as my flight departed before the stated breakfast time, they still had milk and cereal available, but no bowls. I asked, and was promptly given utensils. Nice touch!

The shuttle does only run every 30 minutes, so prepare your times accordingly. It was no more than a 7 minute ride to the terminal.

The internet was indeed fast, that's often a drawback at properties with free wifi or internet is that the speed is capped or reduced; not so here.

Overall, this property was fantastic, and the service and amenities made it worth choosing, above other higher-star-rated properties in the near vicnity.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here recently with my elderly mother. I chose this hotel because it has a restaurant and a shuttle service. She was taking an early morning flight so I used the shuttle service to drop us off at the terminal and return me to the hotel. We headed to the lobby at 5:50am and were chearfully greeted at the elevator by the senoir night auditor, Terry Traylor. He took Mom's bag and offered us coffee and cereal. I explained that I needed the shuttle to pick me up and return me to the hotel after I had Mom boarded and Mr. Traylor wrote down my phone number to help identify me when I called for pick up. Then Mr. Hernandez drove us to the terminal and said he would pick me up at the baggage claim .... which he promptly did soon after I called. The helpful and friendly staff made everything easier for me!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed here for a few days and it was a great deal. The rooms were clean and well kept. The front desk staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Somerset, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very nice.

Unplanned stay-layover...

Friendly from the start!
Called to get a room last minute, price was right shuttle arrived within minutes!

Rooms- suites are roomy modern and very very comfortable.
Flat screen TV, seperate bathroom from glass shower bathroom- Lighting is
great!!
Nice desk work area with lounge couch seating area.

As with all SHS all have the microwave, fridge, coffee, area. All new and well lit.
The beds are great, with lots of pillows.

I didn't have a chance to use the gym- so I can't offer feed back about that- we
did eat in the restaurant. While the staff is friendly, (David at the bar,
Yvonne at the desk, Chris the van driver)all are accomidating and approachable, the
food is average- decent salads, and sandwiches and other menu basics, are just
that, decent. A little expensive for cafeteria quality prepared food.
In the morning they offer a complimentary breakfast- a nice touch to a nice
stay.
For those of whom leave before 6 am, they offer coffee, tea, cereal and fruit to
grab and go.
If you're looking for comfort and convenience and don't require a four star
stay...
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family