“Best SpringHill Suites I've stayed at. Upgraded decor.”

SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #13 of 510 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, CA
“Best SpringHill Suites I've stayed at. Upgraded decor.”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

First time I've stayed at this relatively new SpringHill property, and first time I've seen what the hotel staff told me is SpringHill's new decor. Everything I saw and experienced was exceptional. Best SpringHill property property I've ever stay at. The room was very modern, well-designed and comfortable, both for sleeping and working. No hunting for enough power outlets at the desk and pull aside furniture to find them. The combination breakfast (morning) and bar (evening) area was very relaxing and a good place to hang out for informal business chat. I also worked in the lounge area for a couple hours after checking out and was very productive. Although I wasn't there for an in-hotel meeting, I saw the meeting rooms though the window, and they also looked well-designed. Staff was very friendly, and obviously took pride in their property and their jobs. This property is now my preferred choice when doing business in Houston when I don't have to stay downtown. My primary customer is right near the SpringHill, so it works well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TERPSD
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thanks very much for your review and recommendation TERPSD! It’s great to know we’ll be seeing you again and look forward to it. Please make sure to let us know if you need anything while you’re here, and feel free to ask for me personally.

Ryan Sheridan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Beaumont, TX
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel is relatively new. It is located within 2 minutes of the Houston Intercontinental Airport. The hotel staff was so friendly each time that we walked past the front desk. The room is spacious and functional in design. The overhead airplane noise wasn't bad from midnight-6 am. It didn't seem to bother anyone in our group. The free breakfast was your standard fare or eggs, biscuits w/ gravy, patries, waffles, cereal, etc. The pool was very nice. The workout room was a decent size and well equiped.
I think that they offer free parking for 7 days if you stay at the hotel before a trip, which is nice and well worth it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
So glad to know you had a great stay with us NMG1, thanks for your review! We appreciate your business and hope you return to stay with us again. Also, we do offer complimentary “park ‘n fly” parking for up to 14 days.

Take care!

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Based on another reviewer, we elected to stay here while conducting business in the area.

Great choice - Room was spacious, spotless and very condusive to working as well as relaxing.

Staff were/are incredible.

Breakfast was suitable - something for everybody.

Didn't partake of the bar, although it looked fabulous.

Second night we were there, there was an event which triggered the fire alarm. All I can say is that there is no way that anyone could ignore the alarm.

To that end, and about the only negative thing I can say, is that at 2:30 in the morning, with alarms going off, the Staff should have sent someone outside to tell guests what was going on.

Although we knew there wasn't a fire (no fire trucks were present), we were left out in the dark, as to what was happening.

All said and done, we will stay there again when the need arises.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TammmieLand
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear TammmieLand,

Thanks very much for your review and recommendation! We really appreciate all of your kind comments, and apologize for not having a team member outside to update everyone after the evacuation of the hotel. I’m very sorry the alarm sounded and disturbed everyone, especially at such a late hour, and am thankful that it was only a false alarm. Thank you for your understanding, and thanks once again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Houston.

Yours truly,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My Metaphorical Review of the SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport,
Houston, TX, March of 2011:

Hotel Califonia (in a good way!)

On a dark desert highway (Located on JFK Blvd, not many qualty resturants in area)
Cool wind in my hair (Perfectly situated to fly in and out of George Bush IAH Airport)
Warm smell of colitas (Room smelled clean and fresh upon entering it)
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light [which was the airport, visible from my hotel window]
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night (and I am very glad I did.....)

There she stood in the doorway (yes, the housekeeper, bringing me extra towels!)
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
"This could be heaven or this could be hell" (thankfully, it was the former)
Then she lit up a candle (they were reading lights over the head of the bed, nice!)
And she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say [ok, maybe it was my ipod....]

Welcome to the Hotel California (Their hospitality was top notch....)
Such a lovely place (Nice lobby, nice lounge, overall very nice)
Such a lovely face (Young vibrant workers....gave service with a smile)
Plenty of room at the Hotel California (separate 1/2 bath areas were great, 2 sinks!)
Any time of year
You can find it here (It? Great coffee and breakfast buffet, all free)

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted [huh?]
She got the Mercedes-Benz (they gave me a free girl and a Mercedes.... j/k)
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys (Moises R., hotel engineer was "the man")
That she calls friends (he fixed our reading light above our bed on a moments notice)
How they dance in the courtyard [by Marriott?]
Sweet summer sweat [by the pool?]
Some dance to remember (I hope too remember this address, hope to return soon)
Some dance to forget

So I called up the captain [Moises R., who obviously knows meaning of "hospitality")
"Please bring me my wine" (the trendy bar downstairs)
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here
Since 1969" (no ghosts in this hotel, it is way to new for that....)
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night (nope, not here, not even the Jets, very quiet)
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California (Moises R. went out of way to make us feel welcome)
Such a lovely place (and we appreciate him doing it....)
Such a lovely face
They're living it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (to find the cleanest rooms of any hotel of this category I've seen)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling (not on ceiling, but clean- spotlessly clean- whole room!)
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, "We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device" (device? a big flat screen TV)
And in the master's chambers (that would be my room)
They gathered for the feast (feast--> free breakfast, was very good!)
The stab it with their steely knives (yes, but I am a physician.....)
But they just can't kill the beast (first do no harm....)

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door (BACK to the door- not away from it)
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!" (It's okay....at this price, I think I will stay)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jptough
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear jptough,

Thank you for the most unique review we’ve ever received, we were delighted to read it! Thanks especially for recognizing Moises, it absolutely made his day. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and hope to see you again here at “Hotel California”.

chrlnhope
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My daughter, son and I just checked out of the hotel today after spending two nights there. We enjoyed the modern, upbeat design of the hotel/room, and were really happy with the spacious design of the room. The room was clean, and we had no problems during our stay there. The staff was excellent, and we would definitely return when we are in Houston area again. The only suggestion I would have is during breakfast possibly offering turkey breakfast sausage or even veggie breakfast sausage for people who don't eat meat or do not eat beef or pork.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear chrlnhope,

Thanks very much for your review; we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your recommendation. It’s great to know you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Houston!

France
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed here just one night and wished we had booked for longer.
There was a booking mix up that we will check out when we get home but they sorted it out locally as best they could have and dealt with it professionally.
Breakfast OK. Rooms clean and everything you need. Aircraft noise is a problem if it affects you, but beds and pillows are just exactly what you need.
Best thing are the staff, all of them everywhere, Paula on front desk, Andrew shuttle driver.
They are great and a credit to the hotel. Wi fi is free and good and strong in all areas Inc. Rooms. Some fast food restaurants walkable and more choice in the other hotel chains all around. Airport shuttle was good but not a dedicated number on the courtesy phone inf. Board so need to key number in mobile in readiness.
Weekend rates are Ok but midweek you can find better value,,, but not better staff, they are the best.

We will come back when in Houston.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Coppya
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear CoppYou,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and recommendation! All of us here are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. Thanks especially for recognizing Paula and Andrew – it made their day! We hope to see you again soon.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Nice hotel and pretty much the standard for the newer Spring Hill Suites. Nice clean rooms close to IAH. Staff nice, rooms clean, beds nice. I would stay again. Not the best location for a longer business stay if your business takes you into Houston proper, but very good for the night before flying out.
My only gripe with this hotel, and really most of this level, is the breakfast stinks. It is always the same old “canned” stuff, pastries, toast, juice, eggs…all pre-cooked or packaged. It is OK but not even as good as you would find in a Denny’s or something like that. All of them could do better and this location was the same as the others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear badbullgator,

Thanks for your review and recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Hope to see you next time you’re flying in or out of IAH.

Yours truly,