“Good hotel! I gave it a chance & got good value!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center

Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center
Ranked #100 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Danville, IL
“Good hotel! I gave it a chance & got good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I reserved this hotel blindly on Hotwire for a business trip. Although this hotel is right by the Sam Houston freeway, it is a little hard to get to for someone not familiar with the area. This is a large hotel with lots of rooms, but it was not nearly full when I stayed there. Consequently, it was very quiet, and I had no waiting at the continental breakfast in the mornings I stayed there. My room was clean and comfortable, although there was a little wear & tear evident in the furnishings. Not too bad though. I would stay at this place again. It was a very good value for the money, and for a short stay it was fine. It is in a decent, mostly commercial neighborhood, and at no time did it feel unsafe. Probably my only complaint was that there were no nice, sit-down restaurants nearby. There is a restaurant available at the hotel, but I never tried it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMParkInn, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Hello ObserverDan-
I wanted to thank you for your post on Tripadvisor. I hope you will allow us to provide for your lodging needs the next time you visit the Houston area.
Sincere Regards-
Victor Morgenroth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

After a Hotels.com mess up, I was directed to this hotel--with apprehension. My two story town suite calmed all those fears. Built when energy was cheap, my two air conditioning units kept the very large rooms nice and chilly.
Out of my room was a very large pool with spacious decking. A decent fitness center was down the hall. A lively bar served very good drinks and my pecan encrusted grouper from room service was excellent.
The bed was as comfortable as a Hilton with new pillows and a new duvet.
The entrance was under construction, but so is half of Houston.
Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the frontage rooms.
1 Thank steveberry2020
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was “assigned” this hotel by United after missing my connection in Houston due to mechanical issues (involved smoke…a long story). I checked the Tripadvisor reviews while on the shuttle and they are all over the place…awful to glowing in the last 5 reviews.
I was fairly impressed with the hotel. I understand everyone has an opinion and some things bother people, but I thought the hotel was decent. The shuttle driver was nice and it only took 10 minutes to get to the hotel. The shuttle was full of people with flight issues. The front desk was very efficient, having all of the room keys out and waiting for guests. They moved through a line of 8-10 parties in less than 10 minutes. I was first to check-in and it only took a minute, but the line was gone when I returned for food. I was thankful the restaurant was still open at 9:30PM and I ordered a salad to go. The hotel also accepted my United food voucher.
The layout of the hotel was a little strange. The main building has the lobby, restaurant, a bar, fitness center, and conference rooms. I followed the signs for my room and ended up outside. You need to pass through a closed/fenced courtyard to get to most rooms. The outside grounds and pool looked nice, but I can see where some may feel the walkway is not safe (dark, outside, etc). The fitness room had lots of equipment, including free weights up to 50 lbs. It was much nicer than most 2.5 star hotels (HI Express, etc.). I didn’t have an opportunity to use it, but could tell it was quality equipment.
The room was clean, but had an old feel to it. The heating/cooling system was ancient, but it worked. I didn’t look too hard, but the room (#2012) seemed to be in fine shape and in no need of maintenance. The bathroom was a little tight, but I was by myself. Coffee maker worked and appeared to be newer. The building was quiet and I got a few hours of sleep before returning to the airport.
Some issues…the Wifi was very slow. Also, the shuttle could have been a problem. At first I thought I missed the shuttle at the airport and I was quoted 30 minutes for the next shuttle. Luckily, the shuttle was still there and I was picked up in 10 minutes. In addition, the morning shuttles only leave every hour, so I needed to get up earlier to make my flight. The hotel ended up running more than one shuttle due to the demand.
Overall, I thought the hotel was nice, the staff did a fine job, and the Park Inn is not worthy of recent poor reviews. Maybe people are already angry at an airline and take it out on their “assigned” hotel. Or maybe I just got lucky with the room assignment and shuttle. I would recommend the hotel if the price is right. If you are a picky person, look elsewhere unless you are "assigned" the Park Inn. If you are, try to be open minded and remember to leave your opinion on TA.

2 Thank PhillyPhlier
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Booked through Priceline as a 2 1/2 star hotel. Would rate it much lower. The room was musty and smelled of urine. The curtains were falling down. The sliding door to the closet was not working, off the track. Neighborhood was very unsafe. Security present in parking lot with signs stating not responsible for theft. Key access only to hotel 24 hours a day.Tried to go out that night to grab a sandwich, what few places close by all had burgler bars. Did not feel safe both inside the hotel and outside. Next morning needed to go to a convenience store for nailpolish, had to knock to get store employee to open the door...that unsafe! The breakfast buffet was poorly done, with very few choices. On an up note, the staff at the desk were very nice. Bed was clean and comfortable. No matter what price paid, would absolutely not stay here again.

Room Tip: make sure you do not get a room that is moldy or that smells of urine
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lolomafoundation
East Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Park Inn Houston North Hotel is conveniently located about 15 miles from downtown Houston (via I-45) and only a few miles away from Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).

When we arrived at the hotel, I was impressed with the fresh, welcoming scent that filled the lobby, and we were instantaneously greeted by Derek at the front desk who had already checked us in and had our room keys ready. The Park Inn Houston North Hotel is a Category 1 Club Carlson property (reward nights are 9,000 points), and I booked it during Club Carlson's "Redeem Points. Earn Points" promotion, making this stay completely free for us.

The lobby was spacious with high ceilings and a cozy fireplace.

Having elite status with Club Carlson, I was happy to know that we were upgraded to a HUGE townhouse suite. While walking to our room, I had a moment to chat with the hotel's GM, Victor, who gave us a warm welcome and informed us of some of the exciting upcoming renovations that are in store for the property.

When we opened our door to our room, we were incredibly impressed with the size of our suite. No wonder why they call this the townhouse suite - it was definitely designed to be a nice home away from home, with separate rooms and lots of living space. Our suite included a huge king sized bed, 2 desks (one equip with a desktop computer), a dining room, a full-sized living room with a flat screen TV, a bar/kitchen area, two full bathrooms and plenty of closet space.

Spacious bedroom area of the suite (king bed, desk, flat screen TV, and sliding doors leading to the hotel's courtyard).

Bathroom #1:located in bedroom and stocked with plenty of towels, toiletries, cotton balls/swabs, and Park Inn's signature rubber ducky!

The toiletries - Vaseline body lotion, Pantene shampoo and conditioner, Jergens bar soaps, make-up remover wipes, a shower cap, and small sewing kit.

There were plenty of snacks for us scattered throughout the room.

In the next room over, we had a huge full-sized living room furnished with leather couches.

Adjacent to the living room was another work area with a ready-to-use desktop computer.

The next room featured a complete dining area with a full-sized dining room table.

The kitchenette/bar area was pretty basic, but a nice touch to the dining area. Too bad it wasn't a fully-loaded bar LOL.

Bathroom #2 was nicely decorated and also fully stocked with toiletries. I really loved the colorful flower accents!

While exploring our room, we received a phone call from Shana at the front desk and Elizabeth of management asking how we liked our room; the customer service we've experienced so far has been outstanding.

Shortly after, there was a knock on the door, and to our surprise, we were handed a gorgeous platter compliments of the executive chef along with a hand-written card from the management team. This was incredibly generous of the staff!

Executive chef, Richard Roane, prepared a beautiful welcome platter for us complete with a cheese assortment, crackers, fruit, chocolate-covered strawberries and Voss water.

After settling in a bit, we decided to explore the hotel a bit and squeeze in our very first workout of the trip. I was relieved to be able to get some fitness in knowing that we'd be driving for 15 hours starting promptly at 4 am the next day.

The fitness room was larger than other hotel fitness centers of its class, featuring plenty of cardio equipment, exercise machines, free weights and fitness mats.

After a brief workout, we set to explore some of the hotel amenities including the outdoor pool, the bar, and very large restaurant (Sam Houston's) before showering and getting ready to have dinner and drinks on site at the hotel.

This outside courtyard was accessible from our suite via our in-room sliding doors.

We started off our evening by visiting the Sam Houston's bar to grab a drink. Alma, our bartender, made Tiffany and I amaretto sours (we're such girls, I know). We then went to visit our new friend, chef Richard, by grabbing dinner at Sam Houston's. The service was great and the food was very good!

Tiffany ordered the pecan-encrusted grouper filet with home-style mashed potatoes and string beans. Yummy!

I opted for the Sam Houston's salad which included pecans, cranberries, and goat cheese.

From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to thank the entire staff of Park Inn Houston North for their tremendous hospitality. Never in my life have I received such over-the-top treatment during a single hotel stay. My stay here certainly puts the icing on the cake for customer service. I look forward to sending a personalized note to Park Inn and Club Carlson letting them know of my wonderful experience here. In this day and age, excellent customer service should never go unnoticed. Thanks again for a great stay!

For my complete review including photos, I invite you to visit my blog post here: http://www.justanotherpointstraveler.com/2012/01/hotel-review-park-inn-houston-north.html

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aaucello
Avon, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had to stay in Houston for a night due to a missed connection in Houston. United provided a room at the Park Inn.
Unfortunately had I known how terrible this place is I would've paid for my own room. I arrived at the hotel along with a group of about 20 people who also missed their connections due to delays.
I had to wait for the shuttle to the hotel for 30 minutes!!! The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport, but I suppose there's only one shuttle.
There was ONE person working the desk at the hotel and it took me an HOUR to check in. I stood in line for an hour. The poor girl working was answering the phones and trying to check anyone in. Right after I checked in a man came down to finally help her. I was just wondering why there was only one person working there!!!
The restaurant service wasn't too bad and the food was ok.
The rooms were pretty much what you'd expect, they weren't terrible, but don't expect much.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMParkInn, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience!

Victor
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Got this on a "last minute deal" thought it would be worth the gamble, was as described..it is a 3 star in the middle of an industrial area. What more can I say?
If I were to be picky the staff in the lonely restaurant were a little "green" but friendly. Room was clean, shuttle from and too the airport was perfect. Was just fine for a one night stopover close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family