“Wedge Salad & Soup” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ruggles Green
Ranked #148 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
“Wedge Salad & Soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I really enjoy Ruggle Green's Wedge salad, which is butter lettuce with a creamy very light dressing, bacon bits, and blue cheese. I will advise that at this one location for some reason they put the cheese and dressing on the side. It doesn't sound like a big deal but trying to recreate the perfect wedge salad is a tad difficult when dealing with such leafy lettuce. Also, i would recommend their French Onion Soup. It is very good, it comes with a small piece of bread and melted cheese in it, so if you want it different, you'll need to request that. Great location, with enclosed patio. I went early and there were mainly families and runners, very quiet for the first hour they're open. Much less chaotic than the Heights location.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Bakersfield, California
“Lots of great healthy choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Salmon salad is great for a low cal option. Spicy shrimp pasta is on the other end of the spectrum. Whatever way you go for the entree, finish with the hemp brownie - it's better than the bread pudding, Oreo cake, etc. If getting it to go, you have to specifically request the included ice cream.
Restaurant is very loud except for the patio.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Humble, Texas, USA
“Vegetarin gluten free paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This place had been recommended by friends, one of whom can't eat gluten. They have a large selection of vegetarian dishes as well. Lots of meat dishes too. A laid back casual eclectic atmosphere that is 'in'. My daughter and I arrived about 11:30 am; in about 30 minutes the line was out the door. Worth the wait!

• Visited March 2014
Houston, TX
“My favorite place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've eaten at every location. I live closest to the Heights location which is now my favorite because of the size and decorum. I love how everything is always fast and fresh. I have never had a bad experience at any location. I love the reaction I get when introducing a friend or family member to their food. Everyone always wants to return.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Organic, Fresh, Hip and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

AHHH...MAZE...ING! I found this place via Yelp before my trip. I was excited when I reviewed their menu. They had a variety of healthy, fresh, and unique items. I planned my trip around driving through the town just to stop in.I ordered a meal and dined in. The food was so tasty, I decided to order 3 meals to go. This served as my lunch and dinner the following days. Traveling makes it difficult to eat healthy, so I was planning ahead. You have to, have TO, HAVE TO stop in and dine here. Their hummus was delicious. Their southwest quinoa pasta [ I know who ever has this on the menu] was delightful. The lettuce wraps were delectable! They had a special that night for seared tuna with grilled veggies. It had a scrumptious dill and caper sauce. So tasty I have tried making it here at home! The restaurant environment was also unique and hip. They had 4 different version of tea in urns. They had fresh and healthy alternatives for desserts and drinks. I just can't say enough about this restaurant. I was kind of sad to hear they were only in Houston.

• Visited January 2014