“unique selections”

Peli Peli Vintage Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Peli Peli Vintage Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louetta
Description: Peli Peli is the only South African fusion restaurant in Texas and the 2010 Click2Houston winner for Best Romantic Restaurant in Houston. Peli Peli is located at Vintage Park, a 100,000 square foot upscale lifestyle center that serves the communities in Northwest Houston (Hwy 249 & Louetta). Guests are invited to dine under Peli Peli's 30-foot tall, one-of-a-kind Acacia Tree and illuminated sky which creates an atmosphere perfect for romantic dinners and special occasions. Peli Peli also features avant-garde architecture, a spacious dining area, a Sunday brunch, full bar & lounge, a cozy, private dining room and an outdoor patio facing the Piazza. In addition to its awards for atmosphere (2009 Houston Press - Reader's Choice) and ambience (Best Romantic Bar and Music Venue - Citysearch 2009), Peli Peli is one of only a handful of restaurants in Houston that have been rated at least 4-stars on every online food and drink website.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a South African restaurant. They are now opening another location in the Galleria.
An outstanding experience awaits. I enjoyed Chilean Sea Bass. The beef selections were equally enjoyed by fellow diners.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A friend took me to Peli Peli before my flight home. What an amazing place! I had a delicious vegetable dish flavored with curry. It was a party in my mouth! I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the ambiance! I took a "to go" container with a most awesome desert, thinking I would eat it on the plane. Not so much....the desert was gone by the time I arrived at Bush International! ( I don't remember the name of the dessert, but it had a wonderful caramel sauce...) The wait staff was great, and we did not wait long at all for our food. Wish Peli Peli were in Colorado Springs!!! I highly recommend Peli Peli.

2  Thank owienurse
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a new restaurant close to home and found Peli Peli in the Vintage. We were pleasantly surprised by the South African cuisine, neither of us had eaten this amazing food before. We shared an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms which was delicious, we also had the Greek Salad which was great-and I am a Greek salad connoisseur. For our main course we shared the Half Chicken served with mango slaw,couscous and a wonderful pepper dipping sauce. The chicken was falling off the bone tender and flavorful. Dessert we shared the sticky pudding with ice cream and a caramel sauce; out of this world perfection. I was told by our server Joshua Taylor that the pudding was made with Dates so it was a natural sweetener. Happy hour Mon-Sat,2:00-7:00pm$3.00 off the mixed drinks. My husband had the mojito and I had the Bellini and I have to say it was the best Bellini I have ever had. Atmosphere would be lovely at night with the décor and lighting. We were there in the afternoon but will definitely return for our Date night which I am sure will be a romantic evening. There is live music in the evening and lunch.They have their own brand of wine,which I will be sure to try on my next visit. I recommend this restaurant for the food,,service and atmosphere you can't go wrong if you are wanting a different culinary experience!

1  Thank judybh3ah
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Enjoyed a late dinner last week and had the Garlic filet. Fabulous. Also had an appetizer of bacon wrapped chicken with a chili sauce. beautiful decor and staff was spot on. Congrats on job well done!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Peli Peli is an ultimate dining experience, which goes beyond its eye popping scenery, and invites you into a heart-warming South African atmosphere…located right here in Houston Texas. Each appetizer, entrée, and or desert is the creation of Chef Paul (and his team), the Captain that leads the helm of this luxury yet; all-welcoming restaurant. From the moment you walk in the door you will be greeted by a friendly smile of the front desk Host. He or she will quickly usher you to your table. From there, your dining experience will be warm transferred to your knowledgeable and dedicated Server. It does not matter what you choose to order because each plate is a colorful array of bountiful edible bliss. Your mouth will fall in love before the food settles in your stomach, and you’ll be taken aback by the flavor. The Clincher, is to wrap up your brunch, lunch or dinner whether, during or after with a bottle or two of Peli Peli’s South African wine. Designed and created to accompany any dish served at this awesome restaurant. I, along with my family, and friends love this place and highly recommend it as a Must-Do-Restaurant. Peli Peli is a place to eat, drink and guarantees you will leave with the full experience of being merry.

2  Thank Tessa E