“I am dreaming of Peli Peli...”
Review of Peli Peli

Peli Peli
Reserve with OpenTable
Peli Peli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louetta
Description: Peli Peli is the only South African fusion restaurant in Texas and the 2010 Click2Houston winner for Best Romantic Restaurant in Houston. Peli Peli is located at Vintage Park, a 100,000 square foot upscale lifestyle center that serves the communities in Northwest Houston (Hwy 249 & Louetta). Guests are invited to dine under Peli Peli's 30-foot tall, one-of-a-kind Acacia Tree and illuminated sky which creates an atmosphere perfect for romantic dinners and special occasions. Peli Peli also features avant-garde architecture, a spacious dining area, a Sunday brunch, full bar & lounge, a cozy, private dining room and an outdoor patio facing the Piazza. In addition to its awards for atmosphere (2009 Houston Press - Reader's Choice) and ambience (Best Romantic Bar and Music Venue - Citysearch 2009), Peli Peli is one of only a handful of restaurants in Houston that have been rated at least 4-stars on every online food and drink website.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been to Peli Peli 3 times now. It is our new favorite restaurant, the food is very different & unique. The steaks are out of this world, The Huguenot filet is TO DIE FOR! It sounds weird with blue cheese & rasberry sauce? But let me tell you, it is delicious, melt in your mouth good! The atmosphere is nice and their martini's with blue cheese olives are the best! The bacon wrapped scallops are like butter, even the little crunchy things on the plate are good! This is a great date night place to go. Yes, the prices are high, but I do not mind splurging a little for good food. I have read some of the negative comments on here and think they are completely wrong. Yes, it is a South African restaurant, but of course the chef is not going to serve African Antelope to people in the suburbs of Houston!! Come on, really? It has a South African flare. How many people want to eat Antelope? Not me. The steaks here rival the best steakhouses I have ever eaten at. The servers are always friendly and attentative & Chef Paul makes his rounds to visit the tables. We can't wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife & I went here for our last anniversary. We started off with cocktails at the bar - a dirty martini for her & a Hendricks g&t for me - then moved on to a wonderful steak entree with a very nice South African cabernet. The side dishes are memorable too [a crisp apple slaw & french fried sweet potatoes]. The service was low-key but attentive. This was our 3rd or 4th visit and we'll be back many times again.

1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I live near this restaurant in the far suburbs of Houston & am very surprised to see the rave reviews and the recent #3 ranking on Tripadvisor. I've been here 3 times for lunch and dinner. Portions were small to average, service was adequate but not amazing, and the food itself was average. The decor is pretty but I was underwhelmed by the menu choices and amount of food for the relatively high price. I live in teh area & wouldnt go back, much less make a trip there.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Chicken curry, surf and turf, short rib osso bucco and garlic filet were awesome but the shrimp scampi was blah. The shrimp appeared to be boiled, no flavor at all. Even the presentation was not appetizing, colorless shrimp sitting on a bed of rice, perhaps they forgot the garlic sauce. Loved the sauteed spinach and carrot bredie. We were seated in a small room where the noise seemed to bounce off the walls making it difficult to have a conversation.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Thought this was a South African restaurant. We opened the menu and it is effectively an American style steakhouse (steak, chicken and seafood) infused with African spices.
For example, the Kudu steak isn't an African antelope but a 10 oz New York strip.
Overall, the service was good, the food was tasty but a little pricey. Worth a visit.

1  Thank MustTravel88