“Don't stay here if you're a light sleeper”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair
Ranked #69 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'm not sure how anyone gets to sleep here. The AC system is right next to the bed and is the loudest I've ever encountered. Remember the old wall units in the Motel 6's you stayed in as a kid? That x 4. Room is roomy and wi-fi free, but the place is unsuitable for what hotels are ultimately for, sleeping.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hans S
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I am glad to hear that enjoyed our spacious suites and complimentary internet here at Homewood Suites Cy-Fair. I am sorry to hear that the HVAC system was not up to your expectations. Feel free to contact me for future reservations, we may be able to find a different room type that would better suit you.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here overnight. Once we exited highway 290, we turned left at highway 6 and left onto the access road for approximately 200 yards then turned right on Wortham Center Drive. Homewood Suites was on the left, next door to a BBQ restaurant. It was so easy for us to check in, unload our luggage and park our car. On a previous visit to Houston, we stayed across highway 290 and the parking lot seemed unsafe, it was noisy (from the highway) and there were bright lights from a very busy gas station next door with cars in and out all night and I really didn't sleep well, but this was definitely not the case with our Homewood Suites experience. There were plenty of parking spaces and the area felt safe. The lobby was decorated in a modern and comfortable decor with soft neutral earth tones and nice accessories. The front desk service was professional and efficient. Our room was very clean. Our suite had granite counter tops in both the kitchenette and the bathroom vanity area, which was separate from the toilet and shower closet. Our bedroom was separate from the living area and kitchen. It was very quiet and dark and our room quickly cooled down to a comfortable level. We had five mini sized pillows, but I was able to focus and adjust my head on one. I slept comfortably. In the morning we had coffee in our room, but downstairs there was a breakfast buffet next to the lobby area, which was very popular with all of the hotel guests. I only had time for a yogurt but I was glad this service was available. We checked out and my husband had our car loaded in less than seven minutes and we were on our way. This really made our quick trip to Houston effortless.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I live here with my husband for 3 weeks now and I extended my stay for 2 more weeks!!! It feels like being with your family here!! I must confess that it is the best hotel I have ever been. It is a high standard hotel in a very safe area, clean, with very comfortable and spacious rooms with many amenities that you can really have a great time!! Honestly, I traveled abroad many times and been in many hotels so far. It is the first time I find a hotel where everything works so well and people are so kind. It is shinny, cosy and gives you warm feelings. It feels like home!! After a hard working day I feel so great and pleased when entering in my clean room and you have a big comfortable sofa and huge tv to relax. Big bathtub, with great scent clean towels and soaps of a really good brand. No disturbance from people staying here or from the street outside. The food is delicious!! With a great variety, very well cooked! The Ladies preparing it are always so kind and helpful and always asking if everything is fine! The hotel has many amenities so you will never get board! The pool is so clean and the gym is a very well equipped with a fresh atmosphere in there. I totally recommended for families. But also if business is the purpose of your trip you will find everything you need here! A great environment of high quality services (business center) to meet you colleagues.

What I like the most is that everyone working here, from the people at the front desk, to the manager and the housekeepers everyone is so kind!! They will welcome you all the time with a big smile and they will always be part of the solution to any problem or question you have. They are so friendly that I feel like I know them from years now! It is luxurious, exceptional, spacious, a high quality hotel with efficient services all the time!! But trust me this hotel also has a “heart” and mostly it is because of the people who work here! I am so happy to be here! Jack, Jay, Patricia and all of you, who work here, thank you so much for making my staying exceptional! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Several times a year I take my dad to Houston to see my sister. He is a disabled veteran and is in an electric chair, so we have to stay in a handicap accessible hotel. This is the first time we've stayed here but will NOT be the last. The rooms are nice and roomy and very clean. We especially loved the kitchen that was equiped will everything we needed to prepare our meals right there in our room. Its so much easier for dad, than taking him to resturants each meal. The beds are very comfortable. The staff was always friendly and ready to help us with anything. Each morning the lady that worked at the breakfast area was so sweet and made us feel so at ease. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words truly make us proud. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our complete kitchens. They can be very handy. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Squeaky clean to meet my requirements to keep an infant in the room. Didn't mind her on the carpets, in the bathtub, etc. Cleanliness is always huge for me and this one passed the test! Don't know about price b/c I didn't pay for the room and didn't see a bill.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

We are so glad to here that you and your little one enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us anytime you are in Houston.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

When we moved to Houston, my husband stayed here for a month and I joined him with our kids the last week. The suites are enormous and well appointed with a kitchenette and updated furnishings. We really appreciated the laundry facilities on each floor, the outdoor pool, and especially the free breakfast and dinner buffets. The hot breakfast was always good and there was always cereal, muffins and yogurt, too. The dinners were OK but came in handy for feeding two kids. The dining room staff was outstanding! The hostess who worked at dinners and some breakfasts (I wish I could remember her name) seemed to love her job and always came to our table to offer to refill drinks, bus our dishes, etc. She was so helpful and always happy to see everyone. Every staff person seemed happy to be there. Dinner included free draft beer and red and white wine. That's a pretty good perk.

My only complaint was the spotty wireless internet. It could take several minutes to load a page. I tried the business center to see if the hotel's computers were any better and they were not. I spoke to a gentleman in the business center having the same issues as me -- he'd been staying there several months and was pretty frustrated.

Rooms here are not inexpensive during the week but we felt it was worth every penny. We would definitely stay here again and will seek out Homewood Suites the next time we have an extended stay somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

It is a new building and close to expressways. The suite layout is a nice change from the usual hotel room and there is enough space to stretch out.

Here are the couple things that bothered me, and dropped the rating from Very Good to Average: First, the A/C unit was REALLY loud, which I was surprised at due to how recent the place was built. I've heard much quieter units in older Hampton Inn's, so was someone trying to save a buck? Second, the hotel allows smoking in many rooms on the top floor. Isn't that where the most rewarded guests are usually placed? I don't know why hotels still allow smoking, but those rooms should be in the least desirable places, not the top floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top floor unless you like cigarette smoke.