“Can't beat it for extended stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair
Ranked #48 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Can't beat it for extended stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

When we moved to Houston, my husband stayed here for a month and I joined him with our kids the last week. The suites are enormous and well appointed with a kitchenette and updated furnishings. We really appreciated the laundry facilities on each floor, the outdoor pool, and especially the free breakfast and dinner buffets. The hot breakfast was always good and there was always cereal, muffins and yogurt, too. The dinners were OK but came in handy for feeding two kids. The dining room staff was outstanding! The hostess who worked at dinners and some breakfasts (I wish I could remember her name) seemed to love her job and always came to our table to offer to refill drinks, bus our dishes, etc. She was so helpful and always happy to see everyone. Every staff person seemed happy to be there. Dinner included free draft beer and red and white wine. That's a pretty good perk.

My only complaint was the spotty wireless internet. It could take several minutes to load a page. I tried the business center to see if the hotel's computers were any better and they were not. I spoke to a gentleman in the business center having the same issues as me -- he'd been staying there several months and was pretty frustrated.

Rooms here are not inexpensive during the week but we felt it was worth every penny. We would definitely stay here again and will seek out Homewood Suites the next time we have an extended stay somewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

It is a new building and close to expressways. The suite layout is a nice change from the usual hotel room and there is enough space to stretch out.

Here are the couple things that bothered me, and dropped the rating from Very Good to Average: First, the A/C unit was REALLY loud, which I was surprised at due to how recent the place was built. I've heard much quieter units in older Hampton Inn's, so was someone trying to save a buck? Second, the hotel allows smoking in many rooms on the top floor. Isn't that where the most rewarded guests are usually placed? I don't know why hotels still allow smoking, but those rooms should be in the least desirable places, not the top floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top floor unless you like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brauntosaurus
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I am glad to hear that you had a plesant stay here at Homewood Suites Cy-Fair. I am sorry to hear that the HVAC system was not up to your expectations. Feel free to contact me for future reservations, we may be able to find a different room type that would better suit you.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here for business. The room was huge! Not sure if all the rooms are like this but what a great place to stay with a family. Unfortunately there was only me to enjoy it. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. I didn't get a chance to eat the breakfast or the week night dinner but they both looked really good. This hotel is very convenient to the hospital I visit for work and I will definitely stay here next time. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
I am very pleased to hear you appreciated our spacious suites. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Houston.
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

In for the holidays with family to see family. Great staff, breakfast and room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Homewood Suites in Northwest Houston. Please keep us in mind for your next trip.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a second time, and was just as pleased as the first time. The staff members are outstanding, the rooms perfect, and the breakfast delicious. The wi-fi worked very well and was fast. The only thing I would recommend is a better selection of cable channels. Nearby residents receive a large number of channels, so I'm not sure why the hotel doesn't.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
I am so glad that you enjoyed your second stay at Homewood Suites in Houston. I am very excited to tell you that we are in the process of upgrading our in suite programming. Once this is completed, we will be offering our guests over 100 television channels.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

This is the second time my family has stayed in this hotel. We travel to Houston the weekend before Christmas for my husband's family's Christmas party. The suites work our perfect. My mother-in-law stays on the pull out couch while my husband and I take the bedroom. Our daughter either sleeps with us or on the pull-out. The room is clean, comfortable, and supplied with anything we need during our stay. We drive from Dallas so there is always food, bottled water, or something that needs to be refrigerated. This set up is perfect for us.

The food at breakfast is good, and the attendant does a wonderful job keeping things clean and restocked.

We will stay here everytime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
We are so happy that you and your family enjoy our suites. The extra space can certainly be important when traveling with the family. We look forward to having you back during your next trip to Houston.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

The location was great for our visit. The room was very clean and the decor was very pleasing.
Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.
Our room was very well equipted and had a very comfortable arrangement. Great king bed in our room
The entire property felt new and the grounds were very neat and clean. We loved the location fofor our last visit and we will definately stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair, responded to this review, December 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your compliments. We all work very hard to keep our property in top condition. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again!