“Hope you have a big group because they don't care about couples”

No photo provided
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Shepherd
Transit: Houston metro
Description: Pesca World Seafood restaurant offers fresh fish and seasonal fish creating dishes from all over the world including: Spain, Asia, Peru, Coastal U.S.A. and the Caribbean. We also offer a wide range of wines that can be purchased retail. Pesca is the only seafood restaurant in Houston where you can enjoy fresh fish depicted in different regional and international dishes. We have a great patio where you can sip on delicious wines .
San Antonio, Texas
“Hope you have a big group because they don't care about couples”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Horrible experience with a table of drunks next to us who were screaming and throwing water and ice. Complained to the manager who told us their bar tab alone was over a thousand dollars and all I was having was a bottle of wine. Offered to let me sit outside for 45 minutes to an hour while they tried to "work us in again." Yeah, sure.

When we finally did get some food the paella was overly dry and the meat way over cooked. What a horrible experience with unbelievably bad customer service. However, the wine was good.

If you have a huge group you can clearly buy their loyalty...nobody else will, however.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank yerry_yang_1

Houston, Texas
“Crabcakes, snails and beets - Oh my!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were on the patio, next to the fountain, and seemed to be among regular customers. Not too hungry, we shared a beet and blue cheese salad, then crabcakes, then caracoles (escargots - snails by any name.) All three were wonderful, with the snails beyond belief. We've been a number of times to Tinto's, both for dinner and for lunch, and we've always liked the food. And it's better than ever. This time we enjoyed the Argentine sauvignon blanc and the Argentine beer - new to us. We failed to get the server's name, but we'll stalk him down next time. He was as good as they get. And next time may be tonight!

• Visited April 2012
“Great tapas”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We always enjoy Tintos and this was no exception. The food and the wine were top notch

Visited March 2012
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Tinto's is located in one of Houston's prime restaurant areas with many wonderful dining choices around it so I found it hard to believe that their doors have remained opened, having said that I am going to try to remain objective in my comments. While we were deciding on our wine the waiter informed us that the restaurant was also a "wine retailer" and could sell us bottles to take home.

We ordered the plato de charcuteria, palmitos y esparragos, albondigas de Cadiz and a off menu special recommended by our waiter - grilled prawn. The cold dishes were presented well and good. Although, the albondigas were served at room temperature, they lacked seasoning. The sauce was actually flavorful but there was very little of it. It appeared as if the sauce and the meat balls were cooked separately. The grilled prawn dish looked appetizing but it was actually very difficult to remove the shell. And when we finally removed it, there was very little consumable shellfish. I mentioned to the waiter that the shell was difficult to remove, he replied "the owner cooked it himself" and walked off. I decided to peel the shell off with my hands. As I was doing this I was thinking - this usually occurs when shellfish are over cooked. As I struggled removing the shell I realized that the prawn was raw. My husband called the waiter over and pointed out the error. The waiter picked up my dish and walked away. He came back and asked if we would like to order dessert. Still in shock, my husband asked for our bill. The bill was brought to us with the prawn dish still on it. My husband called the waiter over again and commented that the dish was still on the bill. Without an explanation the waiter walked off again.

A tall man appeared at the bar and kept staring at us. When the waiter returned with our credit card I inquired if the man at the bar was the owner. He replied "yes". No one ever apologized, or offered to bring us a "cooked" replacement dish or offered to take the dish off our bill. We have no plans to return.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less Than One Star experience.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Less Than One Star experience.
The food, prices and management at Tintos are very disappointing. For a prime Houston location, something is terribly wrong with the lack of food quality. The sauce and seasoning of the food seems to be covering up the lack of quality in food or food preparation. Avoid the disappointment at Tintos. I can complement the wait staff and the building appearance only.

• Visited October 2011