“Do not recommend - STAY AWAY!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #20 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had to stay here for business reasons and I was very frustrated with my stay. Very inconsistent housekeeping. Bed sheets has stains on them constantly. I reported this to management, and had my sheets changed several times before I had sheets that were stainless. A coworker of mine had used towels in their room that contained several different bodily fluids. So gross! Another coworker had some of their personal items thrown out by housekeeping. Very unprofessional. When I first got to my room, there were food stains on the desk and the door handle was sticky. Even though housekeeping came and cleaned them quickly, rooms should not be left like this for newcomers.

I had such consistently bad experience, primarily with the bed sheets, that the housekeeping manager offered to oversee the house keeping every day it was done. The housekeeping manager was very nice and did their best to make me feel comfortable, but I wish that it didn't have to come to that.

I also had to ask for my room to be vacuumed, as there was obviously things on the floor from a previous customer (shirt tags, fluff from clothes). Also found that food was overpriced and not great (not horrible, just not worth the cost) from the kitchen.
This hotel is a preferred hotel with my company and I will be reporting these incidences to my company, and not recommend it to fellow employees.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am very lucky to get to stay at one of the best hotels in Houston. Everything took me by surprise. The lobby looks amazing during the holidays! The decorations for Christmas was really nice. The Fish tanks in the walls give it that real modern look. The Checkout process was quick and easy. The rooms was very updated with all the new features. My view out onto the interstate was real nice. I didn't have a problem with sleeping being so close to the interstate. The breakfast was AMAZING. Hotel food is usually the downfall for some places but not here. The only thing I didn't like was that the parking lot was behind the hotel. Other than that If I can use my employee Discount here more often I would always use this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Excellent Hotel.The front desk staff are very friendly and the check in was very prompt.

The room is very clean, comfortable, very spacious and with all the amenities. Lots of parking too.

The happy hour is a very nice touch and the breakfast is just simply awesome!

The location is very convenient as it's near all the major shopping malls and great selection of restaurants. Easy off and on the I-10 freeway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Our stay at the Embassy Suites Houston - Energy Corridor was excellent these ladies made sure everything was taken care of. You should make them employees of the month. They made sure my stay was very comfortable. This is my first time here and I see plenty more visits in the future. Way to Go TEAM!

1  Thank CiCibrown
Reviewed December 13, 2013

A highly recommended place to stay. I have stayed four times and each experience has been the same - almost excellent in every category. The restaurant food for dinner is as good as you will find and the general feel of the place is one of being able to relax. Give it a try.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

One of the best hotels along the energy corridor to relax after a hard day's work in the office...Would highly recommend this hotel for the Return on value that you get...Starbucks coffee in the lobby is always a plus...

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is good and clean with good breakfast and happy hour. It is in good location with ample parking space. The check-in staff were very friendly and did excellent job in helping us during the check-in process.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family