“absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #13 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Port Charlotte, Florida
“absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week and i'll tell you that Yolanda the front desk manager could not have made our stay any better. I had not even been talking to her for 5 minutes and she had offered to upgrade our room not once but twice due to the fact that by mistake our reservation was for a single king, and with my family of 4 I don't think it would have worked out very well. The other upgrade was very appreciated as well and she did this without hesitation and free of charge. Whenever I saw her in the lobby there was a genuine and full of life greeting from her with the use of me and my girls first name and to me that is important to me when someone has the respect to remember your first name, to me that shows a sign of sincerity that goes a long way so Yolanda thank you very much for a great stay. The made to order breakfast was terrific and delicious. The chef behind the grill, Zack was his name had looked like he'd been doing it for years. He was very polite and responded to conversation, not like some cooks that hate their job and don't care to talk to their customers. Oh yea!, and Aldo , not sure what his title was but this gentleman is the holy grail of what it means to insure that he done all he can do to make the stay wonderful. It was my sons birthday, and when we went to breakfast we had let Yolanda know and she brought out a little cake and candle and sung him happy birthday, pretty cool huh? Well that isn't the half of it we didn't have our camera cause we didn't expect this so Aldo took out his phone and started clicking. After breakfast he asked for my email and then emailed them to us. KUDOS ALDO!!! THANK YOU EMBASSY SUITES FOR A GREAT TIME.

Room Tip: talk to yolanda
1 Thank Chris H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Oklahoma City, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

1. Sheets had bloody spots. 2. Someone stole $120 and did not report it. 3. Door locked up 6-7 times, no one could fix it. This place is so not properly managed unfortunately. I would never stay here ever again. This place left a bad scar in my memory of Houston. I wish they would improve.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
We apologize for the poor level of service you received at our hotel. It is not typical and we are addressing the issues you mentioned with our staff.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We enjoyed the stay here with our friends. We were guests at the wedding reception and hotel provided shuttle, staff is wonderful, extremely kind and professional and available 24/7. It is clean, well organised and the food is excellent. The breakfast area could be bigger, because there seems to be a lack of table in it, so if you are not an early bird you might end up eating your breakfast on a bar stool. Rooms are great, spacious and the bed was comfortable. Excellent service. If i ever go back to Houston, this would be the place to return too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel except for breakfast. Breakfast was like a cattle call. There was never enough tables for everyone so my wife and I ate at the bar three out of the six days we were there. The food was fine , but I prefer a table rather than a bar stool. The room we had was large and clean and we found the cleaning staff helpful and polite. The rest of the staff were very nice especially a waitress named Esme. We ate dinner at the hotel one night and Esme was our waitress. She was wonderful. People at reception were quite helpful and polite. I would stay here if I ever return to Houston.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went to Houston last week for a wedding... and when I say there was a LARGE wedding group we pretty much engulfed the hotel. With about a 150+ guests living at the hotel. The staff was more than accommodating and extremely patient. The shuttle service was able to to take us to many locations within a 5 mile radius and the front desk was nothing but courteous to all of the patrons. Last and most important the bartenders especially Megan was wonderful. She was extremely polite and patient with the massive rush she got at the bar almost on a regular night. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Houston area.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are more quiet since they have a very open lobby which sometimes gets loud. I st...
1 Thank Jamin P
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very clean and nice hotel, good location. Rooms are very nice. Check in and check out experience is great. However breakfast was extremely crowded with long lines and had to wait for a table; breakfast was not an enjoyable experience. Same experience with Manager's reception in the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Keller, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the first time over the Thanksgiving holiday, and will absolutely stay there again (in fact, we've already booked another stay for late December). The size and cleanliness of the rooms, the décor of the rooms and common spaces, the friendliness of the staff at the evening reception, the quantity and quality of food at the breakfast buffet, the well-lit and free covered parking, and the overall friendliness of of the staff were all fantastic and exceeded our expectations. There was a large wedding party at the hotel that, simply due to its size, required a lot of time and attention of the staff during the evening reception and at the breakfast buffet, but they remained courteous and attentive. We had 2 adults and 2 children in the suite, booked a standard published rate on Hilton.com, and definitely felt that the hotel was an excellent value. As mentioned before, we have already booked another stay.