“Good hotel, air conditioning horrible.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #17 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Good hotel, air conditioning horrible.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times now over the past year. I keep going back because of all the freebies Embassy Suites throws at you. Free drinks, free snacks, free breakfast. The Hotel is awesome, clean and new. The staff is very friendly and the bar tenders are great. But when it comes to getting a good night's sleep, for me, this hotel fails miserably. This is Houston, its hot outside.... virtually all the time. If you arrive around the 3pm check in time, you are greeted to a hot blast of humid air in the hallway outside your room. The air feels thick. When you enter your room, the thermostat is set on 75. Comfortable enough to lounge in but far too warm for me to sleep comfortably. Here lies the biggest problem with the hotel. The air conditioners just don't cut it. When I initially arrived at 3pm, I turned the thermostat down to 65 degrees. By the time I left for the managers reception at 5:30pm it was 73 degrees in the room. When I got back to the room 2 hours later it was 72. When I went to bed it was 72 and when I woke up in the morning at 8am the room was 70 degrees. I had to throw both the sheet and the comforter off to keep from sweating. The first visit I thought it was a faulty A/C (it never got below 74). The second visit I new something was wrong (different floor, different room), The 3rd visit solidified the fact that the hotel's room A/C is just plain poor. If you like it cold when you sleep and condensation on the windows when you wake up; avoid this place. I am going to give them one last shot and call ahead to request that the room be 70 degrees when I arrive so maybe it has a chance of being cold at bedtime. Otherwise, I will pay more to frequent one of the other Embassy Suites in Houston for my weekend getaways.

Room Tip: Choose a premium floor with snack kiosk!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brian M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I don't travel much, but when I do I usually stay somewhere fairly nice, as I am either travelling for pleasure or for a trade show. This time, I was travelling for work and I took the recommendation of the booking agent at work to stay at the Embassy Suites Energy Corridor in Houston.

I owe that lady a very nice lunch.

The decor of the hotel lobby and restaurant is very nice, update with an excellent flow and visibility to it. The restaurant is arranged nicely if you'd like to have more privacy than the bar area. The acoustics are great as there is a dull roar in the bar area, but the dining area is quiet.

I was greeted by Yolanda and America when I checked in and they were outstanding cheerful, helpful, and eager to make sure that my stay was great. This extended through the little niceties of helping me out with toothpaste and a razor (Did I mention I don't travel often?)

This helpfulness, cheeriness and general atmosphere of 'eager to please' attitude was consistent through everyone I met. Amanda and Maria of the wait staff were incredibly helpful and personable. Megan (the bartender) continued the trend of outstanding, friendly service.

This is the high water mark of service for me. Staying at the Omni, or Peabody, or any other nice hotel usually gets you good service. This was great service. They really outdid themselves with their service oriented attitudes.

The only thing that I need from this hotel is a play area for kids... Which is not their core market, but if they did there would be no question where I would stay if I were in Houston for any reason. It would be worth it to stay here even if it meant an extra 30-45 minutes of drive time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Really nice hotel to stay. It seems new and has very friendly and efficient staff. Rooms are large and with all amenities. Swimming pool and gym are rather small but clean. Complementary breakfast has all you need to start the day. I would definitively recommend this hotel to a friend or relative.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Andres C
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at the E.S. many times. I keep coming back because the hotel staff are so professional and kind and caring. They really care that their guests have a pleasant experience. This is definitely my home-away-from-home when I am in Houston. The hotel is also a great value relative to other hotels in the area. I am really pleased with both the hotel and the friendly treatment by the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came into town to meet my future Mother-n-Law. The hotel was in a perfect location and convenient for all of us to meet. Yolanda Johnson greeted us with a familiar smile (we are regulars at this location). Her professionalism was superb. Rooms are spacious and clean. The FREE (yes, free) breakfast sealed the deal for a perfect weekend.

jackson
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This weekend were great!!!!!!!!. from the time we made our reservation till the time we check in 8/30,the staff treated us like family members instead of guess. the breakfast were awesome. the room were clean , hotel clean, the kids love the pool area. Last day there were an problem with one of the family member(sick)the staff call 911 and made sure that this situation were taken care of before we check out, they had a wheelchair on site and they offer us late check out. Thanks so much Gabby& Sabrina

Room Tip: the family were on the 11floor all 10 room were great especially room 1117
Houston, TX, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Outstanding service and value. We had several family members attaend a wedding in Houston and their stay at the Embassy Suites couldn't have been better; they were all delighted and would love to come back to Houston and the same Hotel. The most impressive comment after their stay was the warmth an care they were provided by the hotel personnel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels