“Embassy Suites Houston- Energy Corridor Family Reuion Trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #17 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Houston, United States
“Embassy Suites Houston- Energy Corridor Family Reuion Trip”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Embassy Suites Houston - Energy Corridor was chosen as the host hotel for my recent family reunion. The staff there is exceptional!! Susan, Nayab, Yolanda, and other staff were wonderful in helping me plan and coordinate for my family reunion. They were all very patient, professional, and accomodating to everything we needed. The front desk staff, and well as the restaurant and other staff members were very warm and friendly. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location off of I-10. Adjacent in location to malls and other Houston attractions. My family enjoyed their stay and had nothing but high praises for everything! Great amenities, excellent location, exceptional service from the staff, very price worthy. Awesome, awesome, awesome hotel experience!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for staying for business purposes, more so if your office is close to the hotel as they do complimentary shuttles. I unfortunately didn't have time to see downtown Houston and therefore cannot comment on the proximity to the core or ease of getting there. The staff at this hotel are both friendly and efficient, making it a great place to stay. The rooms are large and comfortable with a separate area to relax/do business. This will be my hotel of choice for future business trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kimberley MS D
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were arriving late on a Friday evening and just wanted a good hotel to crash for the night so we chose the first nice hotel just at the entrance to Houston headed east into Houston. We were overwhelmed by the beauty and my kids said they wanted to sell our home and move into the hotel.

Texas City, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

2nd stay at hotel and it was great. The bartender was awesome, fantastic workout ,room and great room services,,,,will definitely be back. They have a great breakfast and cooked
Everything beautifully

Room Tip: Call ahead for making reeve rations
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

New hotel hidden between towering office buildings. The location is not close to anything...so plan to drive for entertainment or eating. They do offer complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius; however, the driver strongly hinted...."if you take care of me, I'll take care of you". The hotel site is adjacent to a freeway and the rooms facing the freeway are not quiet. Even at night the traffic noise is loud. I paid for the "premium" two room corner suite with queen beds that included 24/7 snacks on the floor, free parking and internet for 6 nights. Snacks consisted of apples and oranges, candy, popcorn, chips, yogurt and a wide variety of drinks. It was not worth the extra money spent ($20 a night more) for the "premium room". The rooms are large, with fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee machine. I was disappointed that the room didn't have a safe. Therefore I had to take my purse, camera, 2 I-pads and medications with me every time I left the room. The rooms are clean; however, the hallway was always dirty with food and bits of "things" on the carpet. The beds are comfortable and the air-conditioner was cold. I'm not sure if they were queen size beds though. The sheets were short and didn't cover the bed, if your partner rolls over your left without covers. The pool is enclosed and small. The chlorine smell was strong and the pool floor was not always cleaned. They did have nice towels and plenty of seating. There is also a hot tub and exercise room. They have 6 elevates, so waiting was not a problem. Parking is covered, during the week it is shared by the office buildings surrounding the property and you may have some walking. The "managers evening meet and greet" was for adults. The snacks were a disappointment...it consisted of chips, salsa and fruit and cheese. If you don't get there early you don't get any. They do not refill as far as I could tell. NOW FOR THE GOOD THINGS. The breakfast was wonderful, ample and had a wide variety. Service was fast and the dinning area was large with plenty of seating. The staff was very friendly, always smiling and helpful.

Room Tip: The corner suite next to the freeway is not quiet. Don't bother paying for the "premium&qu...
Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights during the 4th of July long weekend. I am glad we picked this hote. The suite was clean and very spacious. The beds are verycomfortable. And the kids enjoyed the complementary breakfast. Higly recommend and would defenetly stay here again if I visit Houston.

Sachse, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We (family of 5) arrived around 10pm after getting lost and sitting in Galveston traffic to get here, which was not their fault of course, but I immediately asked about food for my hungry family and was told "room service is open all night!" Got settled in and called the extension she wrote on my card and no one answered! After trying several times and letting the phone ring for 2-3 mins each time, I called the front desk and she transferred me to the ext. More ringing! After a few more tries she came back to the line to inform me that room service had indeed closed @ 10:30! I had been trying to call them for at least 10 of those minutes. (sigh) After calling around (using my trusty trip advisor app) out into the night (VERY DISAPPOINTED) I went for mcdonalds...YUCK

The next morning I started with a clean slate. Went down for breakfast and brought up cereal, milk, and yogurt for my older sister and youngest daughter. After doing some research when my sister and daughter became suddenly ill, I noticed that most 3 milk cartons were dated July 5th and 2 were dated July 17th?!? That's quite a gap! This wouldn't have been a problem under normal circumstances, but when we smelled the cartons, THEY SMELLED SOUR so they had to have been sitting out, old, or been lukewarm and went bad! My family drank that milk! I called downstairs to let them know and asked for ginger ale for their upset stomachs. At least 20-25 minutes passed and finally someone comes up with a sprite! As long as it took I thought they went out to buy a case of ginger ale!

Another upsetting experience with the chain, but I have to say the sleep was good, room was clean, and location was quiet for us, but staff was not knowledgeable of their room service time and that created some anxiety and frustration with it being so late at night and I was unfamiliar with the area. Staff seemed nice but the chef needs to smile and at least act like he enjoys his job. Also, THEY WILL SERVE YOU OLD FOOD SO BE CAREFUL! Check your dates trip advisors!

P.S. what other reviews say about the pancakes is true. They are store bought, frozen, and probably microwaved and put in the chafing dish. They come out rubbery and tasteless. Other locations I have stayed with offer fresh pancakes and this one should too.

Room Tip: I prefer a lower floor AWAY from the elevator
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
We apologize for the lack of service and amenities you received at our hotel. Guest satisfaction and comfort are our highest priorities and we apologize that you did not see that. We are addressing the issues you mentioned with our food and beverage staff and we hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.