“Excellent stay overall”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #20 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights during the 4th of July long weekend. I am glad we picked this hote. The suite was clean and very spacious. The beds are verycomfortable. And the kids enjoyed the complementary breakfast. Higly recommend and would defenetly stay here again if I visit Houston.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We (family of 5) arrived around 10pm after getting lost and sitting in Galveston traffic to get here, which was not their fault of course, but I immediately asked about food for my hungry family and was told "room service is open all night!" Got settled in and called the extension she wrote on my card and no one answered! After trying several times and letting the phone ring for 2-3 mins each time, I called the front desk and she transferred me to the ext. More ringing! After a few more tries she came back to the line to inform me that room service had indeed closed @ 10:30! I had been trying to call them for at least 10 of those minutes. (sigh) After calling around (using my trusty trip advisor app) out into the night (VERY DISAPPOINTED) I went for mcdonalds...YUCK

The next morning I started with a clean slate. Went down for breakfast and brought up cereal, milk, and yogurt for my older sister and youngest daughter. After doing some research when my sister and daughter became suddenly ill, I noticed that most 3 milk cartons were dated July 5th and 2 were dated July 17th?!? That's quite a gap! This wouldn't have been a problem under normal circumstances, but when we smelled the cartons, THEY SMELLED SOUR so they had to have been sitting out, old, or been lukewarm and went bad! My family drank that milk! I called downstairs to let them know and asked for ginger ale for their upset stomachs. At least 20-25 minutes passed and finally someone comes up with a sprite! As long as it took I thought they went out to buy a case of ginger ale!

Another upsetting experience with the chain, but I have to say the sleep was good, room was clean, and location was quiet for us, but staff was not knowledgeable of their room service time and that created some anxiety and frustration with it being so late at night and I was unfamiliar with the area. Staff seemed nice but the chef needs to smile and at least act like he enjoys his job. Also, THEY WILL SERVE YOU OLD FOOD SO BE CAREFUL! Check your dates trip advisors!

P.S. what other reviews say about the pancakes is true. They are store bought, frozen, and probably microwaved and put in the chafing dish. They come out rubbery and tasteless. Other locations I have stayed with offer fresh pancakes and this one should too.

Room Tip: I prefer a lower floor AWAY from the elevator
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2014

We apologize for the lack of service and amenities you received at our hotel. Guest satisfaction and comfort are our highest priorities and we apologize that you did not see that. We are addressing the issues you mentioned with our food and beverage staff and we hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Best hotel and staff I have ever encountered. With all my travels worldwide this hotel stands in line with the Kempinski Brand of Hotels!!! Every occasion that I have stayed here I feel very welcome by the staff!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Houston, TX. Our visit was awesome. Since we were in town to pick up our new puppy, we knew we would have wait time. Have a suite style room was perfect. Staff was outstanding, and the facilities were also outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Generally good experience. Had issues with internet connectivity though. Very beautiful double room suites. Comfortable and sophisticated. The complimentary breakfast ws nice to have, also enjoyed the social evenings at the hotel lobby - drinks, snacks and all. Would recommend the hotel to any one coming over on business trip to Houston. Well-sited in the heart of the Houston Energy Corridor. Cheerful and diligent hotel staff too, always available to sort out any issues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would love to return to this hotel with my husband only.Staff very kind. Only I did not like the hovering of management while there w/fam. reunion. we were not loud or acting badly. We notice them staring at us whispering. This includes breakfast and evening snack time. This is why I would like to experence w/my husband only.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this place! I would probably stay here every time we come to Houston!! They actually found my wife.daughter's clothing and kept it for over a month. They returned the clothing during our next stay. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Several hotel chains NEED to take classes at this hotel, because this location GETS IT!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family