Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #11 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I don't know what others are paying but corporate rate of $145 is just too good for the level of accommodation you receive from this hotel. Free parking, shuttle, internet, breakfast and evening reception. Extremely friendly staff (for the most part except the two taller bellmen), clean rooms, good facilities, decent location. Honestly there isn't much more you could ask for.

To elaborate, the shuttle will take you to say about a 3 mile radius, which would include just east of Beltway 8, Memorial City Mall, CityCenter, etc. Internet speed is decent. Breakfast is awesome, has everything plus cooked to order warm egg/omelet. A breakfast like this at a full service hotel would cost at a minimum $12. Evening reception food item is very limited, but still a good atmosphere for a quick mingle.

On the room side, I honestly don't find the highway side noisy but would advise staying on the east side away from the construction of the building nearby. Although that's very minor, either. It's never woken me up, just a bit noisy when you are awake in your room during the day. I don't find the corner suites with the floor to ceilings any amazing and would not go out of my way to stay in them at all. I'll have to try the back side during my next stay.

To conclude, a lot of times, it really truly is the more you pay, the less you get. I feel this way especially in the hotel and restaurant industry. This Embassy Suites can almost be singled out as an exception, highly recommend.

Room Tip: All good. I hear only a few rooms have bath tubs so if that's your thing might not hurt to ask...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The General Manager and his staff are doing an excellent job at making this Embassy Suites feel like a 5 star resort. I am still in awe over the friendliness and professionalism of all staff members, especially Yolanda, the MOD on duty this weekend. I am convinced her picture should be under the word "hospitality" in the dictionary! The cleanliness of the entire hotel was superb and did not go unnoticed by our entire family of 10. This Embassy Suites is number one on our list of "must stays" when in Houston!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Well I absolutely love Embassy Suites so when I travel from state to state they are always my 1st pick. Due to the fact the rates are higher for stays that start on Wednesday I ended up staying here thur-Monday & making this my 2nd hotel while in Texas.. Ok let's start with the Cons..
I had 3 different rooms within a 24 hour period. Room 1 was not 100% clean, didn't like the stains on the sheet which I thought was blood but was later told it was rust, lights weren't working, phone wasn't working & bed was uncomfortable so I called downstairs & they immediately moved me to a lower floor.. Well I was happy at 1st so I finally went to sleep & woke up about 2a for the bathroom & I saw 1 ant well there always 2 things to remember #1 there is never just 1 & #2 it's warm there so maybe it was that time of the year where they try & invade anyway I killed it & went back to bed. So when I woke up around 8 to take a shower I noticed another then another then more ants in the stand alone shower at this point I'm like let me call downstairs so again they apologized & sent maintenance up right away so he could see for himself which he did & gave me room #3!! Room 3 was great it was on floor 8.. It was Clean & before I brought my stuff in the front desk had him check for lights, bugs & he did he also changed my cordless phone battery & was just great all around. Maintenance said they have a company that makes sure there are no insect problems & i believe him & he said they would call right away. now Pros... Near I-10, free covered parking, free buffet breakfast was great with made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, eggs, French toast, regular toast , pancakes, juice muffins, fruit , yogurt you name it they have it!!
Also room 3 was great, nice bed, 2 flat screens, beautiful bathroom, table with 4 chairs, living room was nice, microwave/mini fridge! They have manager reception daily with chips, dip,fruit & some alcoholic beverages,they have workout room, business center, laundry room, pool, lobby was clean & customer service was great! Sooooo even tho it took 3 times I can say it is a place that I would stay again if ever in Texas!!

• Stayed March 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am not a fan of staying far from where the action is, but I needed to stay in this area for work. That being said, my experience at this hotel was excellent. The staff are friendly and go above and beyond to make your travel enjoyable. Some of my favourite perks... Free shuttle service within five miles of the hotel. This runs 24 hours and is the perfect way to get around. Don't forget a small gratuity for the driver--it is not mandatory, but is much appreciated. There is a happy hour each evening with snacks and free beer and wine in the lobby and restaurant area--very nice. The breakfast buffet has a lot of variety and is included depending on the room package you book. There are some cool shops and restaurants nearby in an area called City Center (within the shuttle radius)--on Friday night there was a free outdoor concert in the main courtyard. The only con about this hotel is the distance from the downtown which makes it hard to see some of the tourist attractions. I will stay here again and would like to thank the staff for their kind hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very nice hotel and a great bargain for the pice! Now, I'm not accustomed to staying at "5-Star" properties for most of my business or leisure travels. Typically, I prefer places like Comfort Suites, Hampton Inns, Hyatt Place, etc... However, in my honest opinion, this place not only surpasses those, but any 5-Star as far as I'm concerned. The employees were always great; friendly, willing to help, and provided any necessities when asked. The girl who check me in (I forget her name, but I remember she said she was 'Filipino' - very nice lady); gave my daughter a special "treat" when she found out it was her birthday! The breakfast is just overwhelming with variety & selection of foods! "Happy Hour" is great too; has complimentary well liquors, draft beer or red/white wine, plus some snacks to much on. Gym is nice with state-of-the-art exercise equipment & free weights too. Kids loved the pool, it was indoors & heated, so great for swimming in March! The room was fantastic too! We were upgraded to a "Premier Suite", which is basically a Corner Suite. However, the living room was huge! Wet bar w/ mini fridge, big ol' sleeper sofa sectional courch, dining table (could seat about 6), nice work desk, ~42" LCD TV, very nice bathroom, great beds, and floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom. Decor was overall "modern", with a newly updated look.

All-in-all, a fantastic say... If I'm in Houston again, this will be THE place to stay for me!

Room Tip: Go for the "Premier Suite". It's a Corner Room, but it's about twice as big as a s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
derby, kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for a Jewelry Retreat. Very nice clean suite (Sitting room with tv- bar area with fridge and sink- Full bath with large shower and separate bedroom. Very nice, Very comfortable. I am Gluten Free so food was a bit of challenge but the Kitchen staff was very helpful about what I could and could not eat. Never went hungry. The cook to order breakfast and buffet was better than most hotels. I rode a shuttle in and out so never drove so can't speak to that but the hotel does have a shuttle for within 5 miles which is always nice.
Two Tips- Get a room on the back, I was on the front and highway is close I just turned fan on and it helped. Enjoy Manager reception if you can, Dinner at restaurant can be pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back to help with noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. Very comfortable. Had a significant problem--- when I arrived with a confirmed reservation, they informed me they had no rooms!!! So, at nearly 1am, they sent me off to another hotel where the night manager was not even sure there was space. No apology from the manager, nothing. This is certainly not the kind of treatment you expect from a hotel in the Hilton family where service and hospitality is supposedly a priority. I did return there for the 2ns nite of my stay and aside from the middle of the night disaster with the reservation, it is a nice property.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business