“Nice hotel. Weird location. Didn't honor reservation.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #22 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. Very comfortable. Had a significant problem--- when I arrived with a confirmed reservation, they informed me they had no rooms!!! So, at nearly 1am, they sent me off to another hotel where the night manager was not even sure there was space. No apology from the manager, nothing. This is certainly not the kind of treatment you expect from a hotel in the Hilton family where service and hospitality is supposedly a priority. I did return there for the 2ns nite of my stay and aside from the middle of the night disaster with the reservation, it is a nice property.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Since our daughters bday is in Feb and usually cold, she wanted a slumber party at a hotel so the girls could swim... We booked 2 rooms side by side, the rooms were HUGE.. plenty of room for 6 girls and 3 adults.. The "happy hour" was great, and the girls got snacks and the bartender made them shirley temples.. They were in the indoor swimming pool for hours! Breakfast was awesome with everything you can imgaine.. Employees were very kind considering we called 2 times for extra towels. Everyone was kind, and helpful.. Recommend this to anyone visiting Houston or just to have a stay cation.. well worth it! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Chris M
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The rooms are great and all the staff remembered me by name after my second stay. Great people. The breakfast buffet is always good and plenty to eat. I use the gym and there is good modern and clean equipment. The shuttle service takes you anywhere in 5 miles and will come back to pick you up. A must if you enjoy Texas size drinks while out on the town.

Megan at the bar makes the place. If she ever leaves ill start trying other hotels to compare.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've stayed in numerous hotels and the Embassy is by far the greatest hotels i've stayed for the price. Although it was a function going on the weekend i stayed it was very pleasant. The food was also a plus and the complimentary drinks were really great. I also enjoyed the comfort of parking and the location was excellent, i didn't have to travel far to get to shopping centers which was a really good perk......... Thanks Embassy for the excellent experience

Room Tip: The service and rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went in to the hotel a bit disappointed due to the two phone calls I had made before getting to the hotel, one to make the reservation and the other to confirm the reservation. Both times the two guys I spoke with seemed to have better things to do than to take my call, and I was also on hold for ever and after the wait they could not help me confirm my reservation. When checking in we did have a bit of a problem with our reservation (but it was not the hotels fault, it was the convention coordinators fault) but the guy helping us (Arthur) was very quick to fix the problem he checked us in at 10am so that my husband could get settled and ready for the convention. I was not attending the convention so I had all day to sight see and being my first time in Houston I didn't know what to do or where to go and Aurthur and the valet both offered lots of places. The rooms are nice and clean with a nice view. They offer a shuttle service (LOVED THIS) not having to deal with parking in down town Houston made diner a very relaxing experience. The full bar area is nice as well as the gym. The lines did get a bit long for breakfast buffet on Sunday it was not so bad during the week. I did not try the lunch buffet but I did see people lined up for it. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because of my experience with the night crew but Arthur made up it.

Room Tip: We staid in a room facing away from the I10 and the view was nice nothing but big houses and green g...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the same budgetary bracket as this one in Houston, and have to say this is one is the best of the bunch. The staff, as in most Hiltons, were exceptionally professional and polite and a pleasure to deal with. The suites are large and well appointed, apart from the lack of a room safe. To me the biggest advantage of the room was the quiet aircon. In so many US hotels the aircon is like a wind tunnel powered by jet engines, I have to turn the whole system off at night to get to sleep. The Embassy Suites the aircon was quiet and effective - why can't all hotels be like this? The gym was the best appointed of all the other comparable hotels, and the pool looked inviting but not used.
The only aspect where the hotel did not excel was the limited choice of breakfast cereals and restricted variety of fruit (fresh or reconstituted dried -eg fig, prunes etc) and yogurts on offer.
Overall a very pleasant experience and to be recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Facillity was great - but the best and most memorable part of our visit was the outstanding customer service we received from your entire staff! It all began with Faisal, the General Manager - who seemed set the tone - by taking such personal ownership and pride in your hotel. You indeed have a real gem there!

Further evidenced, by the remarkable team he assembled ~ Such an unexpected pleasure at every single level. The dedication and sincerity demonstrated by your Front desk staff - A.J. and Candice and V.J - was extrodinary. So rare to find such vested employees!

We enjoyed the beautiful presentation and delicious food in your breakfast buffet each morning and were impressed at the great attention paid to detail in the constant monitoring and replenishment of the delecious selections offered. I was surprised at how extremely congenial and at ease the Breakfast Buffet Dining Room managers - Yolanda and " Mr.Arthur" were - at graciously taking the time to address every special request with while not missing a single beat - of keeping up with the many diverse tasks overseen in the Dining Room.

I MUST take the time to comment - as I REALLY notice these details. My early carreer was spent as a Special Events Coordinator working with Phil Romano - who started restaurnats such as Fudddrucker's, Maccaroni Grill Etc. And, rarely - if ever - have I seen this same level of service - across the board - and at every level. Phil's great success and philosophy, was based on superior service and Excellence. He and his wife would work at their new concept restaurant every single day - monitoring each and every tiny single detail - at their exacting standards - for an entire year. When the restaurant reached its pinnacle - they would then sell it and prosper greatly. Now those restaurants are everywhere.

I believe a man named Hilton, had demanded such standards when he began his hotels. It is very impressive to me to find Faisal exclemplifying that mission - and want to let you know how proud YOU should be on his management of this very busy location - as he is proud of being there. Certainly a shining star in your company and industry.

We look forward to returning and bringing our entire AAU Basketball Team (4 grades of (courteous and well behaved :) players and their families to several tournaments held there each year. The good news is that they will not be found near the pool - as their coach does not allow them to swim during tournaments - as it "saps their energy"! Ha ha - but much easier for all ~ until they find their way down to an early breakfast ~ which may give even Yolanda and "Mr. Arthur" and even greater challenge and a "run for their money" : )

Many, many thanks for a beautiful stay - and "overdelivering" at every turn of our visit! : ) From one who has gotten too used to feeling complacent and has had to adapt to the lowest of expectations everywhere else ~

Keep up the Great Work Embassy Suites! ! ! And, please extend our appreciation to your hard-working staff - let them know their smiles, enthusiasm, and can-do attitude are so refreshing in today's world - and it is indeed no "small thing" to make make thier guests feel special ~ and just plain glad to be there! : )

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family