Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #22 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were there for a family wedding. The staff was AMAZING! Very kind, and friendly. Did everything to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank just_me_xx45
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Embassy Suites-Houston Energy Corridor is the best Hilton branded hotel we have ever stayed in. As a Silver Hilton Honor Member we have stayed in many Embassy Suites and Hilton branded hotels, but there are no enough words to express how outstanding and superior our experience was and how both the hotel property and the staff exceeded our expectations at all times.

The Suite - 5+ stars - We had a corner suite, which was absolutely one of a kind, in fact it looked like an apartment; it had cornered window glasses from the bottom of floor to the top of the roof, providing such an amazing panoramic view. The suite was huge and ample, beautifully decorated and with new and modern furniture. Our family of four (4) slept comfortably in this huge and comfortable suite. The suite offers a private room for the couple, with a beautiful frosted glass door in the center. In addition, the living room is simply huge with a beautiful sleeper sofa, an additional HDTV, dinner table, a business desk area, a kitchen with refrigerator and sink, and so many great amenities. This is the most beautiful suite room among all the Embassy Suites properties and all Hilton branded hotels we have ever stayed in.

The experience - 5+ stars - After more than eleven (11) hours road trip we arrived at the hotel very tired and hungry, however AJ took care of us during the check in process and made it so quick and smooth; he offered complimentary free desserts for our dinner at their restaurant. To make the things even better, at the very end of our stay we had to leave late and had to arrange a late check out. AJ again took care of our need and arranged the late check out at no charge.

The property - 5 stars - This is a brand new and very well maintained property with luxury amenities that makes you feel in an even more high end hotel. The property also offer free garage parking, which in any other hotel would cost you a huge premium. They have a beautiful indoor pool, a modern fitness and business centers. The location is also excellent, the hotel surroundings are very nice in a business corridor, just 15 minutes from Houston downtown area, and very accessible from a huge expressway.

The dinner- 5 stars - Immediately after our check in, we had dinner at their beautiful Oasis Restaurant and Lounge and we were so impressed by the quality of the food at the outstanding service we received. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, making you feel at a more high end restaurant; but the staff group just make you feel right at home. Héctor and the Restaurant Manager personally took care of us, they provided a one of kind personal service and at the end they served a tasty and delightful complimentary desserts for our family of four. During the morning, they have their signature cooked to order breakfast, which is the best free breakfast you can have in the whole hotel industry. Josue provided such an outstanding service every morning, making sure everything was perfect.

The service - 5 stars - Every member of the staff just strive to exceed your expectations at all times. I have no words to express how impress we were with the level of service we received at the Embassy Suites-Energy Corridor. They simply provide a level of customer service that is above and beyond most hotels in the industry.

Everything - 5+ stars - Wow! Terrific! Simply the best!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suites in the top floors.
2  Thank ACR-Me
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We only stayed here one night but I cannot emphasize enough how impressed we were by the staff of this hotel. I've stayed at a number of high-end hotels but the staff at this Embassy Suites were among the most solicitous I have ever deal with. Further, the hotel itself was exceptionally clean and well maintained.
Highly recommended.

2  Thank David C
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Silly title, but it somewhat explains what we encountered with this Embassy Suites. I normally advocate for Embassy Suites where ever we go because generally I can trust them to be clean and safe. In this case it was essentially true, it is a clean hotel and relatively new (2009 was the build I believe).

We arrived just a little after 2 after driving from Dallas to Houston. Family (my wife and son, along with my parents) stayed in the car while I went to check in. While I was in no rush, there was a little bit of a wait. The front desk staff was very friendly and apologized for the wait. They even brought a very cold bottle of water to those that were waiting (handy for a hot Texas day). I had reserved two rooms and they were ready. While I had asked for a high floor, I received the floor closest to the ground, facing the highway and overlooking the rooftop. We were here for 4 nights, so this was home. My parents in their own room had a similar view.

The hotel is nice and different from other Embassy Suites. It's not the usual boxy layout that surrounds an atrium.

Parking is in a garage in the back of the hotel and is free unless you valet. Be careful and park only in the hotel area. The parking garage is shared by the wonderful building next door and they do tow. Also note that the spaces are tight and the lower level fills up quickly. There is a second level, but you have take an outside elevator down (filled with smoke from cigarette's) and then enter the hotel.

Also note that you have to walk through the smoking area to get in to the hotel from the garage.
What a wonderful smell as we came in each night.

The hotel itself is non-smoking.

Do not get the odd number rooms that overlook the highway. While the hotel is back from the highway, you do get road noise. I do not believe we heard from our neighbors above or next to us, so that was nice.

The first order of business was asking for some extra pillows. Five to be precise. I have to sleep elevated and we needed some for the sofa sleeper for my son. So we called down within about ten minutes of accessing the room. Two hours later, no pillows. Normally they are brought up within an hour, so we called down again. We went to dinner and when we came back after 6:30 pm, we had two. Ok, so we called down again. Front Desk apologizes and said they would bring them up. Five minutes later they called back up and apologized for what they were about to tell us. Apparently they (housekeeping) are only allowed to give two per room. Needless to say, we informed them of our needs as politely as possible and the Front Desk said they would check with Housekeeping again. 20 minutes later, we had three more pillows.

If we had known, we would have brought our own, but the car was already somewhat packed and we needed the space thinking it would not be a problem (first time in all of our travels for it to be a problem).

Each morning, the breakfast that was served was hearty and large. While the items did not change from day to day, we were filled when we left. They had made to order eggs and omelets, sausage and bacon, french toast, potatoes, cereal, a variety of breads, oatmeal, fruit and assorted beverages.

The manager's reception generally consisted of store bought chips and hot sauce. In addition there was one other item, but that was it. It was mini-churros one day, the following day was a skewer of cheese, maybe pepper or tomato and something else. Not much on variety. Bartender tended to bring drinks out to those she knew, for the rest you had to go up to the bar.

One day there were two large groups down in the area that handled the manager's reception (the lobby area basically). It was after five and my son had already gone over to what he assumed was food for the manager's reception and my wife had followed. My wife was promptly told that this was a private event in a very rude and nasty tone by one of the company representatives. (fyi, the company was in the building next door, not a good way to entice customers). There was not a single sign anywhere saying that a private event was happening. So we sat down in the lobby area next this "private event". Five minutes later a lady came over and sat her empty wine glass down in our area, as if she was marking her territory as she looked at each of us. We received glares from the company officials the entire time. Apparently this company did not like us even sitting down there. It's the lobby area and we are paying guests.

The following day, we talked to the front desk about the event. Again, they apologized and would look in to it. Hmmm....detecting a pattern. We never heard back from anyone about it.

At this point, it was Friday, we were leaving the following day to go back home, so we dropped it. We knew nothing was going to happen at that point.

On a side note: While the hotel was in a good location to get to items that were in the downtown and museum district (traffic permitting). It was a good distance from the Space Center. It was generally about a 15 to 20 minute trip to get to the museum district. I would highly advise a GPS unit that has traffic. On two days I-10 was closed due to trucks overturned on the highway.

Room Tip: Do not get an odd numbered room on the highway side. Get a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tbo65
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel. It's a newer hotel, doesn't have the normal Embassy Suites design, and smaller than other Embassy Suites that I have stayed at in the past. Our room faced the freeway, but you barely could hear the cars and I had no problem sleeping. The hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good, especially the made to order omelettes! It's a little far from downtown, but we were only there 3 days so it wasn't a big deal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinFromSoCal
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Greatest staff in Houston. Fresh breakfast is a plus too. You cannot find a better suites hotel to stay.

Oh yeah, great staff.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Txnproud
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My family and I frequent the Embassy Suites when we travel with our little one so that he has a room to sleep in and is not up all night. This is definitely the nicest ES we have stayed in and were very impressed with how clean and fresh everything was, not to mention how nice the staff was. The manager's reception, which we always look forward to after being in the car with a 19 month old, was much nicer than those we have attended in the past; although we are most interested in the booze at that point, they had actual fresh food, not just goldfish, popcorn, and chips and salsa (out of a jar -- I'm from Texas and I can tell) like other ES. This was a nice surprise!

We had a corner suite with a conference area for this stay (just for a little extra room) and my mom had an adjoining regular suite. The sitting area was very spacious and very nice when we were all just visiting. Here ends the perks of this suite when you have a little one. The door to the bedroom was not a solid door, rather, frosted glass! It sure looks nice but it does not afford a dark room for a little boy who is already not in his regular bed; he needed significant extra rocking to get to sleep and we had to hang a blanket over our door. The bathroom was not attached to the bedroom either, leaving us hostages to the bedroom once we were in there; we are used to a "Jack and Jill" style with a door to both the bedroom and sitting area. There is also NO TUB. Most people would not care about this but little kids as young as ours does not take a shower and a bath is part of his nighttime routine. The "blackout" curtains were not very beneficial in any of the rooms and let in a significant amount of light and I was up all night long, especially since our room faced the highway.

Everyone else ate breakfast there while I was finishing up and said it was really great. Again, if you're traveling for business, this is a great place but if you're traveling with kiddos, not so much. This really surprised me since this is part of their new advertising schtick.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family