“The hotel and services are outstanding.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #13 of 506 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, California
“The hotel and services are outstanding.”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have stayed at this property more than 80 days over the past year and a half. I am frequently in Houston for business travel and this is my hotel of choice. The hotel was opened about 1 1/2 years ago and is a beautiful facility with contemporary design and furnishings . The guest suites are spacious, comfortable, with a great floor plan. The lobby is warm, open and inviting. But it is the warm, friendly, attentive staff that really makes this hotel a special place to stay in Houston.

The location is fantastic as well. The hotel is near the interesction of Sam Houston Parkway off I-10 (Katy Freeway). It is minutes to downtown, the airport, The Houston Galleria Area as well as located between the Memorial City Shopping area and Katy Mills Mall. There is also, great dining in the area with all varieties: fine dining, local, chain, and ethnic restaurants.

I highly recommend a stay at Embassy Suites Houston Energy Corridor. You will love it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We decided to take a trip to Houston for Spring Break with our children and I picked this hotel due to the positive reviews, good price, free breakfast and the indoor heated pool for my kids.

It is a very pretty hotel. And our room was very large, we had a king bed and our own tv and my kids slept in the other room on the sleeper sofa and they had their own tv. I couldn't believe how nice the hotel was for the price. The pool was enjoyable, a bit small, but clean and warm. The free breakfast was like a breakfast buffet, the largest hotel breakfast I've ever seen in my life.

The only problems we had which were very minor were that when I reserved the hotel online it stated I could have extra towels in the room when we arrived and that wasn't the case. Also at the manager's reception, the bartender gave me a nonalcoholic drink in a plastic cup and gave the other adults real drinks, not sure why. She seemed kinda snotty. But the free snacks were really tasty. After room service came the first night they didn't leave any extra towels, only 3 towels for my family of 4 and no new shampoo or soaps, that would have been nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Excellent Hotel and great location. The front desk did a superior job at check in. He suggested great resturant in the area for our afternoon dinner. He even took the time to help with suprising my husband with a basket for his Birthday. I can't say enought about the breakfast.....only thing missing was a hot waffle machine! This save us a great deal of money on breakfast each morning before heading out into the city. The rooms were more than we expected. We did not hear any noise from other guest or the highway traffic during our stay. The beds were comfortable......we had a view of the back parking garage but the view of the city at night was so beautiful. And the best part the bed room was seperated by a door from the sitting area, so I was able to fall asleep when my husband stayed up to watch TV. The hotel was in a great loction near area shopping and down town, and just on the katy freeway. YES, we will use this hotel again.....THANKS to Mr. Eric/front dest for making our stay pleasing and wonderful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
South Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed at the hotel Jan 21-23 2011. When we checked in it was quiet and the hotel staff was eager to help us. I was shown up to my room and everything was fine. My partner and I went to dinner the Oasis restaurant that night, the food was great, it was not crowded and the staff was friendly. I then went back up the room and about 1 hour later I ordered room service, when I got my nachos, the cheese was cold and clumpy, I asked for no sour cream and there was. I and called and told them about this and they sent me up something else so I was pleased. The next morning we went down for breakfast and it was chaos. There was not enough seating, the food was running out, people were everywhere, including kids running around. We went out exploring returning around 4pm to find that my key is not working. I called and they said they would send someone up with a replacement; I had to wait 15 min for them to come let me in my room. I was not happy with my experience so far, it seems like I was having a lot of problems. Sunday we went down for breakfast and again the food was gone and there was hardly anything else for you to select to eat. The cereal was thrown all over the floor and counters. We checked out Sunday. Today I looked at my account to see if I was charged correctly and I was NOT. I was charged $112.66 when my bill only came out to $87.66 and an extra $50 for no reason. When I called to find out about the extra charges he could not explain the $50 charge and assured me the $50 and the extra $25 on my bill would be returned back to me in 3 business days or so. I never once heard him apologize for the over charge. I am not pleased with this hotel nor will I return. I will not be taken advantage of again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KatherineCava
Austin, Texas (We're full...so come visit, then leave)
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Arrived around 7 on a Friday night, just in time for the manager's reception which lasts until 730p. Great drinks and snacks! Can't beat that! Kids loved the huge seating area around the atrium.

Ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good and not too overpriced. Only downside is that they were not busy at all but the wait for food was very long. That being said, after having a few drinks driving to another restaurant was not an option.

Check in was quick and easy. The room was very nice; two queen size beds and a pull out couch. Rooms have refrigerators and a microwave. Coffee maker in room stinks, but it didnt matter because there was plenty of coffee in the morning at breakfast.

The living room and bedroom area are separated by a heavy door, which means privacy.

Shower was standard with the usual toiletries, nothing special.

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic. We stayed because of a gymnastics meet that started early. Usually on Saturdays they open the buffet at 7, but they had it up and running full speed for 6. It is the usual Embassy Suites fare, but there was a lot of food and it was good. My favorite is the made to order omlettes...definately a nice touch.

We didn't use the pool, gym or business center. They do have a sundry shop with snacks, drinks of all kinds and other things.

The parking is great; a nice garage behind the hotel. They do offer valet parking but you really don't need it because the parking is convenient.

All in all, it was a great stay and I would both recommend it and stay there again.

Our price was $99 for two adults and two children, booked by calling the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Houston with my cousins for their teenage daughter's gymnastics tournament in Houston. The location was perfect and our room was large and spotless. There was a living area with a sleeper sofa, desk and "bar" area. The bedroom had two queensize beds that were really comfortable. The staff was very attentive - especially Megan in the bar. They had a happy hour with FREE drinks, including mixed drinks, and hot snacks served with great service. In the morning we enjoyed a free breakfast that included omletts made to order, scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, various breads and cereals. It was all delicious ! They also offer an indoor heated pool and hot-tub as well as a fitness center and small business center. When in the Houston area I will definately return to the Embassy Suites !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This is your typical embassy suites room. Nothing new about that. Is not set up as an atrium hotel. Which is fine with me because i think the room is actually quieter. Rooms have good lighting. Full sized towels, marble in the bathroom. The bathroom light switch does not glow, and can be hard to find at night. And the sink is backed so far into the marble with the mirror right on top, that you cannot operate the stopper. 35" color televisions, microwave and fridge. Coffee maker makes 2 cups at a time, which i really like compared to the one cup machines i see so much of now. Nice pool and fitness center. Machines, circuit machine, free weights.
A little oddity was that i booked it on hotwire for 4 people. i have found that when you use hotwire and specify 4 rooms, they automatically reserve 2 beds. Not so here. They put us in a king suite. It took a little doing, but they finally made it right. Why a hotel would accept a reservation for 4 adults and want to put them all in one bed is beyond me. There was a sign that specified pay parking, but the parking was free. So don't know what that was about.
Breakfast is perfect. They have it set up in four stations: one for beverages, one for omelets, one for hot food (bacon, eggs, pancakes, potatoes, etc) and a fourth one for pastries, fruit, etc. Keeps the lines down to a minimum. Have a restaurant as well. Which is good, because it's a ways away from other restaurants in the area (probably half mile) and if you are on foot, this could be a problem. We had a pizza delivered one night. They have a business center with 3 computers and a printer. WiFi is available for a fee.
If one thing stands out, it seemed that all the employees were genuinely happy there. Not a painted on smile, but like the truly enjoyed working there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family