“Poor service with picking up customers at airport”

Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South
Ranked #349 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Poor service with picking up customers at airport”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have waited for picking up more than 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Calling for picking up more than 5 times and getting answers always were that driver would come in any minute. We finally paid a shuttle sending us to the hotel. No one appologized for that at Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South (15350 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032).

We will never touch it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Points of advantage:

1. Budgeted hotel very close to the Bush airport
2. Metro bus stop right in front of the hotel
3. Complimentary breakfast/Parking for guests
4. A neighboring restaurant (24/7 hrs)

Things that I wished I could appreciate:

1. Room (Inadequate lighting, 1st look-small&dingy, too old carpets to walk on them barefoot)
2. Washrooms (small & without ventilation)
3. After watching a few programs on "LG" TV in the room, I wandered if LG stands for 'Life is good' or 'Life is grueling' (got turned off frequently)

Suggestion- Choose to stay here only if you are bound by location&budget,else I don't think there is any other reason not to look for options elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My son and I traveled to Hoston for my grandchildren graduation form HS. This hotel was perfect. From the desk staff to housekeeping. The free breakfast was great with hot/cold cereal, eggs, sauages, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, toast, tea coffee, milk, muffins and danish. Didn't have time for the out door pool, but it looked inviting. Did laundry which was convienent and cheap. The room was comforable with microwave and fridge. Didn't like the sink outside the bathroom and there were no rails in the shower to hold onto (I'm a senior citizen)We purchased waterat the local store/gas station across the highway that had, Church's chicken, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box. A restaurant named Hot Biscuit was 100 steps out the door that had the best green salads. It was an enjoyable stay and recommend it for families and anyone that needs to be close to IAH. Parking was free and sometimes hard to get because no one left the hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms near exits
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had an overnight layover at IAH and selected this hotel because it had a free shuttle to the airport. You are not allowed to make reservations for the shuttle. The shuttle was full and we were forced to take a taxi. The management told us this happens often and offered little sympathy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HubCPrairieDog
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have spent approximately 6 years of my life (incredible I know) in hotel rooms and this is the first hotel review I've ever done. I owe it to all travelers out there to do it. I stayed at this hotel and had the following issues: 1.) HVAC did not work well; 2.) No ice bucket in room; 3.) Refrigerator did not work at all; 4.) No tissues in room; 5.) Sliding glass door was malfunctioning and was, it turned out, unlocked when I arrived (anyone could have walked in; I finally got it locked once I knew) and, the big one, 6.) The hotel must be renting out parking spaces to anyone who comes by for $2.99 a night. This is based on a sign by the road that mentioned 299 a day parking. That is cheaper than, to my knowledge, any of the other off-site parking facilities near Houston Intercontinental airport. Needless to say, the parking lot is constantly full. There are 100 rooms in the hotel, 125 marked parking spaces and were 148 cars parked in the parking lot last night. This is due to the fact that they let people park their cars along the curb on one side (which makes it almost impossible to back out of legitimate spaces, as I found out one morning). Additionally, I counted 8 cars parked in the fire lane all night. I would never break the law that way myself, but i suppose hotel patrons felt forced into it because of the lack of parking. I could almost not get to the covered overhang to get my luggage moved to my vehicle because of the cars parked in the fire lane. Since I saw the parking lot always in this state during my entire stay at the hotel, it is obviously allowed to go on all the time. If a fire truck had to get in to fight a fire, they would not be able to do so, so it is a real safety issue. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! You would be better off in your car overnight. The personnel there were helpful in most cases when I identified deficiencies, but I had so many to identify it was ridiculous. I called the manager on his cell phone and he has yet to return my call, so I know where the problem lies. I called Ramada's Guest Customer Care line and they were quite interested in the issues, especially the illegal parking that is obviously going on all the time there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RoadWarrior202020
Des Moines
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My recent stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel look was amazing the rooms were spotless and the staff were all very friendly. The breakfast was great. My family will definately come back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Oxford, AL
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Surprisingly nice! Beds were quite comfortable; rooms were spacious. The bathroom in the room was a bit small, and the sink was a bit awkward (low and outside the bath). The bar was a great addition in the lobby area!

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South? Share your experiences!