“Can't/Don't Park Here!!!”

Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South
Ranked #363 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have spent approximately 6 years of my life (incredible I know) in hotel rooms and this is the first hotel review I've ever done. I owe it to all travelers out there to do it. I stayed at this hotel and had the following issues: 1.) HVAC did not work well; 2.) No ice bucket in room; 3.) Refrigerator did not work at all; 4.) No tissues in room; 5.) Sliding glass door was malfunctioning and was, it turned out, unlocked when I arrived (anyone could have walked in; I finally got it locked once I knew) and, the big one, 6.) The hotel must be renting out parking spaces to anyone who comes by for $2.99 a night. This is based on a sign by the road that mentioned 299 a day parking. That is cheaper than, to my knowledge, any of the other off-site parking facilities near Houston Intercontinental airport. Needless to say, the parking lot is constantly full. There are 100 rooms in the hotel, 125 marked parking spaces and were 148 cars parked in the parking lot last night. This is due to the fact that they let people park their cars along the curb on one side (which makes it almost impossible to back out of legitimate spaces, as I found out one morning). Additionally, I counted 8 cars parked in the fire lane all night. I would never break the law that way myself, but i suppose hotel patrons felt forced into it because of the lack of parking. I could almost not get to the covered overhang to get my luggage moved to my vehicle because of the cars parked in the fire lane. Since I saw the parking lot always in this state during my entire stay at the hotel, it is obviously allowed to go on all the time. If a fire truck had to get in to fight a fire, they would not be able to do so, so it is a real safety issue. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! You would be better off in your car overnight. The personnel there were helpful in most cases when I identified deficiencies, but I had so many to identify it was ridiculous. I called the manager on his cell phone and he has yet to return my call, so I know where the problem lies. I called Ramada's Guest Customer Care line and they were quite interested in the issues, especially the illegal parking that is obviously going on all the time there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RoadWarrior202020

Reviewed April 27, 2012

My recent stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel look was amazing the rooms were spotless and the staff were all very friendly. The breakfast was great. My family will definately come back to this hotel.

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Surprisingly nice! Beds were quite comfortable; rooms were spacious. The bathroom in the room was a bit small, and the sink was a bit awkward (low and outside the bath). The bar was a great addition in the lobby area!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

What a great job. This will forever be my favorite hotel in Houston. The staff is always professional and goes beyond the call of duty to make my stay pleasurable. The rooms always exceed my expectations on cleanliness. Thanks to the Management and Staff for all the hard work.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our Family had a fabulous stay at the Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South. The rooms were like new! The pool was very refreshing! Breakfast was awesome! All the staff was exceptionally helpful and always smiling! This will be my place to stay when in the Houston area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
BusTravel20, General Manager at Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Andrew,

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South. I am always excited to hear one of our valued guests enjoyed their stay with us and hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel seems brand new! Everything was right on par to ensure that my stay was excellent. When I checked in the customer service was above and beyond and did not stop until I checked out. The bar and lounge is a great place to wind down, the breakfast is lovely, and the shuttles are fabulous. If I ever have to stop over in Houston again there is no other choice but this Ramada.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your comments. We appreciate you feedback as it helps us to see our strengths and weakness. We are always trying to improve our customer service and improve the property for our guests. Thanks again and we hope to be your preferred hotel for all your travel from IAH.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel a couple of years ago and it was a far cry to my trip last week! the hotel has undergone a complete makeover, from adding a bar and lounge, to new management.The location by the airport with free shuttles is a great value and the hot abundant breakfast was a sure plus! Very comfortable beds, which is important to me,and a very helpful staff.For the price and service this cant be beat!Will be my hotel at Iah Houston Now on!

Room Tip: They do have some suites with an adequate kitchenette
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
BusTravel20, General Manager at Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our staff and myself we want to sincerely thank you for your wonderful comments. We are greatly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Customer Service is our number one goal so at anytime you feel we are not surpassing your standards please let me know so I can resolve the issue.

Marcus Chamorro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South? Share your experiences!