I have spent approximately 6 years of my life (incredible I know) in hotel rooms and this is the first hotel review I've ever done. I owe it to all travelers out there to do it. I stayed at this hotel and had the following issues: 1.) HVAC did not work well; 2.) No ice bucket in room; 3.) Refrigerator did not work at all; 4.) No tissues in room; 5.) Sliding glass door was malfunctioning and was, it turned out, unlocked when I arrived (anyone could have walked in; I finally got it locked once I knew) and, the big one, 6.) The hotel must be renting out parking spaces to anyone who comes by for $2.99 a night. This is based on a sign by the road that mentioned 299 a day parking. That is cheaper than, to my knowledge, any of the other off-site parking facilities near Houston Intercontinental airport. Needless to say, the parking lot is constantly full. There are 100 rooms in the hotel, 125 marked parking spaces and were 148 cars parked in the parking lot last night. This is due to the fact that they let people park their cars along the curb on one side (which makes it almost impossible to back out of legitimate spaces, as I found out one morning). Additionally, I counted 8 cars parked in the fire lane all night. I would never break the law that way myself, but i suppose hotel patrons felt forced into it because of the lack of parking. I could almost not get to the covered overhang to get my luggage moved to my vehicle because of the cars parked in the fire lane. Since I saw the parking lot always in this state during my entire stay at the hotel, it is obviously allowed to go on all the time. If a fire truck had to get in to fight a fire, they would not be able to do so, so it is a real safety issue. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! You would be better off in your car overnight. The personnel there were helpful in most cases when I identified deficiencies, but I had so many to identify it was ridiculous. I called the manager on his cell phone and he has yet to return my call, so I know where the problem lies. I called Ramada's Guest Customer Care line and they were quite interested in the issues, especially the illegal parking that is obviously going on all the time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant lobby ambiance welcomes you to a relaxing stay at the Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South hotel in Houston, Texas. Our property is conveniently surrounded by major businesses and memorable attractions. If business brings you to town, lodging with us makes sense, as we are near Halliburton main campus, Baker Hughes. BJ Services, General Electric and Exxon-Mobile. We have a 900 square foot meeting room, 24 hour Business Center and the only hotel to feature 37 inch LCD TVs with over 150 HD Channels. No matter what brings you to our city, lodging at our completely remodeled facility with Full Service Bar and Deli is the smart choice. We keep you connected with free Wi-Fi and invite you to start your day with a free Continental Breakfast Bar. Later, you can visit the Fitness Center or enjoy our large outdoor pool and jacuzzi. At Ramada IAH South, we surpass expectations. Pets accepted, 100 USD deposit, Pets must be under 30 pounds. Rollaway charge - 10 USD per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Limited Airport South
- Ramada Houston
- Ramada Limited Airport South