“very close to IAH and clean”

TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #116 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 23, 2010

One night stay early flight out of IAH. Didn't want to stay downtown even though the event I was there. The drive to downtown was easy even during commute. Hotel is still fairly new. Late checkin and Lena (clerk) suggested returning the rental car and taking the hotel shuttle in the morning. Took the suggestion, both PM and AM drivers very courteous. Asked about a early breakfast snack for a 530am ride, clerk said no problem. I checkout and the clerk says go see the man at the food area (breakfast does not start until 630am). Coffee was out, I asked for fruit and the guy brought out a bowl of apples. "You got anything else?" the delivery guy was making a large delivery and the employee said he had to check the delivery. Everytime they opened the door to the kitchen, I saw two cereal dispensers full of cereal. Poor mark on service, but at least the front desk people and shuttle drivers were cheeeful. There seems to be no supermarket in the immediate area. Gym was small, but newer cardio stuff. Water cooler was empty as I took the last drop of water. Four out of five stars. Oh heard the first plane at 500am, very loud.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I love towneplace suites by marriott for their complimentary breakfast.
When I walked into this new hotel, I was surprisingly shocked to see its beautiful lobby.
Spacious, vibrant colored interior public area is unusual - love the room & wireless Wi-Fi.
Evening light meals and the braekfast are more that the usual buffet I have seen, these are much better. Thanks for the shuttle to-and-from the Houston Intercontinental Airport.

My company will continue to use this hotel for any future trips that bring us to IAH area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This is a brand new hotel just outside of the airport. Really beautiful accommodations. I was very surprised since some of the other hotels nearby have a sleazy look to them. This hotel offers all of the standard TownePlace amenities. However, the continental breakfast was much better than any I had ever experienced at any other TownePlace. Lots of hot items to choose from like breakfast tacos and biscuits.

The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. I think a few were even fluent in Spanish.

Great hotel. I hope they maintain the standard.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Good:

- New and clean
- Friendly front desk personnel
- Flexible booking
- Lots of room amenities, including a good kitchen
- Good value at ~$100 with tax
- Quiet and appeared to be located in a safe area

Bad:

- No airport shuttle after 9 pm according to hotel personnel; we were left taking a taxi at our own expense
- No airport shuttle available during business hours either; front desk arranged and paid for taxi
- Breakfast selection was a little boring compared to typical Residence Inn fare
- Longer distance from the airport than some airport hotels in other cities, but consistent with others in this area

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Spent one night. Brand new, extra clean...felt like I was the first person to stay in my room. Features a full-size fridge and a dishwasher. Very nice, glad I found it (through TripAdvisor, of course!). Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I am a VERY PICKY PERSON ........so, I tend to look for something to be wrong. I could NOT find anything wrong with this hotel. From the moment we arrived, it was a perfect choice. The hotel is clean, clean, clean.....hotel staff is wonderful......breakfast is delicious...and is kept spotlessly clean. The gentleman at the front desk even took the time to draw us a map directing us to a great restaurant !! The staff is superb ! The bed linens were delightful.....the mattress was soft. Another really nice surprise.....the bedside phone has a very long cord on it that will allow you to take the phone into the bathroom with you. The vanity was the perfect place to put the phone. Each room is equipped with everything you need in their kitchen area.......great refrigerator ! My husband was thrilled with the new HDTV......reception was superb...........and the TV is located so that you can see it perfectly from either the bed or the sitting area. The greatest perk was that we could arrange to leave our car while we flew to a wedding. The shuttle left promptly as scheduled the night before. Upon our return, I called the hotel and they came to pick us up in their nice shuttle. The driver deserved a huge tip for the professional manner in which he worked. If you are looking for a fantastic hotel.....stay here. You will not be disappointed...........even if you are VERY PICKY like me. One warning that has nothing to do with the hotel.............. if you are trying to find the hotel.......don't depend on the directions from Mapquest..........it is wrong. We were driving from Austin to Houston Intercontinental area...........it tells you to turn on a street called Heathrow..........that is wrong..........you turn on John F Kennedy right next to the Holiday Inn Express. Be careful...........we drove around for an hour tryng to find the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We got a good weekend rate for a hotel with a nice pool area, decent fitness and complimentary breakfast. Above all, the place was close to IAH but the setting was more than quiet in a more than nice neighbourhood. Disadvantage: nothing to eat or drink within walking distance. Rooms are comfy and the service was good. My only remark concerns wat we found under the bed. In fact wat was it, because most of wat we saw were unidentified objects. I think this zone is simply forgotten and this should be rectified in the cleaning procedure. Still, we had a nice stay and would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple