“Homey place, but MUST have a vehicle”

TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #105 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Buffalo, New York
“Homey place, but MUST have a vehicle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent four nights here recently for work, which was right down the street and ALMOST went without getting a work approved rental vehicle. This would have been a bummer, since there isn't really anything within walking distance. It's basically in an industrial park! Alas, back to the hotel. I found my room to be clean and neat and the staff to be friendly. I greatly appreciated the little social hours each night with some hot snacks and free wine/beer. After getting over the initial oddness of having to knock on a door for free boxed wine I felt right at home. My ONLY complaint is that other guests felt like they needed to have a pool party every night around bedtime and my window faced the pool. I quickly learned to turn the fan on the heating & cooling unit to drown them out. The bed was more than comfortable though and I was able to enjoy nice naps after work before their shenanigans began. We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning and it was nicer than the average continental with some hot buffet items and a Texas shaped waffle iron ( I was too lazy to use this). If you are traveling near this hotel for work I do recommend it. However, if you want to see any of the city you will need a vehicle.

Room Tip: I wouldn't advise facing the pool in case the party people are regulars.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing...The people are so friendly and they make you feel like you are at home. I have been staying here during the week since December 2012 and everytime I come in I know they will take care of me. The manger on duty always makes me feel like I am at home and will do whatever she can do make sure my needs are met. The rooms are clean and always cleaned when I arrive from work. I travel alot for my job around the country and this hotel I alway look forward to coming to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Flyboy2009
West Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I travel for work so I've stayed in a number of TownePlace Suites, and this is one of the best I've stayed in. The in-room kitchen has a full-sized fridge, and plenty of plates and silverware.

The pool is very nice, and there is a nice sitting area with a grill to use.

I moved to this hotel from bad experience at a different Marriott hotel, and have had nothing but the best experience here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank leroybrownisbad
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for well over a month... Let me tell you something, Lizzet is the absolute best manager there is, she will make sure that you are taken care of and she will help you out any way she can. The facility is very well maintained and the rooms a very comfy, it almost feels like you are in a fancy apartment complex. The only negative about this place is the WIFI, for some reason it will kick you out randomly or it would be really really slow.

Again LIZZET is the best manager ever!!!

Room Tip: Just in case, pick a room not facing the pool... the group that I stayed with got a little roudy dur...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the TownePlace for a couple of days while doing business at the airport. This was the first time I had stayed in a TownePlace as opposed to the Residence Inn. Overall I found them very similar…same quality that comes with the Marriott hotels. Good substantial “evening social” which was plenty of food to eat for dinner, and they also had a good selection of hot and cold items each morning for breakfast. The only thing we found a little weird about the evening social was that even though they served beer and wine, they didn’t set it out where you could serve yourself (as most “evening socials” I have been to do) and they didn’t even really let you know it was available. You had to find one of the staff and ask them for a cup of wine or a beer, and they would bring it to you one serving at a time…maybe it’s a Texas thing, I don’t know. The rooms were adequate, with full fridge, microwave, stove, etc…just like the Residence Inn. I have to say I didn’t like the layout of the rooms as much as Residence Inn…particularly the location of the television…they put it in a weird place where you really can’t see the entire screen while laying in bed, and it’s kind of far from the couch to comfortably watch TV there either (anyway, who sits on those couches and watches TV really). They should really look into a better room layout. The location is fine relative to many businesses and the airport, but be advised, there really are no food options nearby, so you either have to drive somewhere or get delivery if you don’t want to eat the food they offer for dinner. I used the airport shuttle which was on time and the driver was friendly and helped me with my luggage. Also all the staff were really friendly and accommodating. Overall a good stay for the type of lodging we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank divegirl26
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed recently at the Towneplace Suites in Houston near IAH. The first room I stayed in, was close to the exit, and there was some bugs that kept flying in, and my internet was kept disconnecting. I was in a room where the signal was weak. I spoke with the front desk, and they were very helpful, and connected me with Tech support, and it was determined I was in a room with a weak internet connection, and I requested a new room. Klarke, at the front desk was very professional, kind, patient and personable. She helped me with my needs and got me into a new room the very next morning. She remembered me, and my wife, and the hotel room we were staying in, and what room we were originally staying in. We requested a late check out from the hotel, and Klarke was very helpful, and was able to extend the check out. The rooms were clean, the value was great. The breakfast was good, and they even offered dinners during the week free of charge. I would stay here again,

Room Tip: Stay away from exits and elevators to keep away from noise and bugs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Im a little late posting this review but I stayed at the TownePlace Suites from October 29 to December 7.

To start off we arrived late at night to the hotel, checked in and went to my room. I was very shocked when i went to the room as I read the reviews and was very nervous. My room had a full size stainless steel fridge, micro wave, toaster, coffee maker, two burners, dishwasher and dishes. The bed was king size with a pull out couch, desk, coffee table, tv, and very nice size bathroom. Knowing I was spending 39 days at this hotel, I was very happy with the room. It has an outdoor pool, bbq, sitting area with fire place. Coming from Canada and our winters, being able to swim in October/November no issues for me :). It has a work out room, laundry room. I never had an issue getting the use of the washer/dryer. Maid service every morning if you needed it.

The staff, I can't say enough about these people. They made the hotel become my home away from home. The shuttle bus took me too and from work daily ( seven days a week ) and when the bus was busy they provided cabs. The girls at the front desk and the drivers of the shuttle were very friendly and sweet. They even made a ThanksGiving dinner for the hotel. AMAZING!

They do provide a breakfast in the morning, Missed it most days because i had to be at work for six. but the days I did get to eat it was very good. There were certain days of the week that supper was always made. Great idea as the hotel doesn't have a restaurant.

I do like the location of the hotel because its not on the main road and its kinda hidden from the other hotels on the JFK. Not having a car, we were in walking distance to a restaurant next (good eats). also there was a gas station, discount liquor store, sub way five mins up the road.

Everyone complains about the wifi. Certain areas I found i would lose connection, but it worked, and i was able to do what i had to do with the wifi.

Would I stay again? Oh Yes!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business