“Nothing but the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Nothing but the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for well over a month... Let me tell you something, Lizzet is the absolute best manager there is, she will make sure that you are taken care of and she will help you out any way she can. The facility is very well maintained and the rooms a very comfy, it almost feels like you are in a fancy apartment complex. The only negative about this place is the WIFI, for some reason it will kick you out randomly or it would be really really slow.

Again LIZZET is the best manager ever!!!

Room Tip: Just in case, pick a room not facing the pool... the group that I stayed with got a little roudy dur...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the TownePlace for a couple of days while doing business at the airport. This was the first time I had stayed in a TownePlace as opposed to the Residence Inn. Overall I found them very similar…same quality that comes with the Marriott hotels. Good substantial “evening social” which was plenty of food to eat for dinner, and they also had a good selection of hot and cold items each morning for breakfast. The only thing we found a little weird about the evening social was that even though they served beer and wine, they didn’t set it out where you could serve yourself (as most “evening socials” I have been to do) and they didn’t even really let you know it was available. You had to find one of the staff and ask them for a cup of wine or a beer, and they would bring it to you one serving at a time…maybe it’s a Texas thing, I don’t know. The rooms were adequate, with full fridge, microwave, stove, etc…just like the Residence Inn. I have to say I didn’t like the layout of the rooms as much as Residence Inn…particularly the location of the television…they put it in a weird place where you really can’t see the entire screen while laying in bed, and it’s kind of far from the couch to comfortably watch TV there either (anyway, who sits on those couches and watches TV really). They should really look into a better room layout. The location is fine relative to many businesses and the airport, but be advised, there really are no food options nearby, so you either have to drive somewhere or get delivery if you don’t want to eat the food they offer for dinner. I used the airport shuttle which was on time and the driver was friendly and helped me with my luggage. Also all the staff were really friendly and accommodating. Overall a good stay for the type of lodging we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank divegirl26
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed recently at the Towneplace Suites in Houston near IAH. The first room I stayed in, was close to the exit, and there was some bugs that kept flying in, and my internet was kept disconnecting. I was in a room where the signal was weak. I spoke with the front desk, and they were very helpful, and connected me with Tech support, and it was determined I was in a room with a weak internet connection, and I requested a new room. Klarke, at the front desk was very professional, kind, patient and personable. She helped me with my needs and got me into a new room the very next morning. She remembered me, and my wife, and the hotel room we were staying in, and what room we were originally staying in. We requested a late check out from the hotel, and Klarke was very helpful, and was able to extend the check out. The rooms were clean, the value was great. The breakfast was good, and they even offered dinners during the week free of charge. I would stay here again,

Room Tip: Stay away from exits and elevators to keep away from noise and bugs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Im a little late posting this review but I stayed at the TownePlace Suites from October 29 to December 7.

To start off we arrived late at night to the hotel, checked in and went to my room. I was very shocked when i went to the room as I read the reviews and was very nervous. My room had a full size stainless steel fridge, micro wave, toaster, coffee maker, two burners, dishwasher and dishes. The bed was king size with a pull out couch, desk, coffee table, tv, and very nice size bathroom. Knowing I was spending 39 days at this hotel, I was very happy with the room. It has an outdoor pool, bbq, sitting area with fire place. Coming from Canada and our winters, being able to swim in October/November no issues for me :). It has a work out room, laundry room. I never had an issue getting the use of the washer/dryer. Maid service every morning if you needed it.

The staff, I can't say enough about these people. They made the hotel become my home away from home. The shuttle bus took me too and from work daily ( seven days a week ) and when the bus was busy they provided cabs. The girls at the front desk and the drivers of the shuttle were very friendly and sweet. They even made a ThanksGiving dinner for the hotel. AMAZING!

They do provide a breakfast in the morning, Missed it most days because i had to be at work for six. but the days I did get to eat it was very good. There were certain days of the week that supper was always made. Great idea as the hotel doesn't have a restaurant.

I do like the location of the hotel because its not on the main road and its kinda hidden from the other hotels on the JFK. Not having a car, we were in walking distance to a restaurant next (good eats). also there was a gas station, discount liquor store, sub way five mins up the road.

Everyone complains about the wifi. Certain areas I found i would lose connection, but it worked, and i was able to do what i had to do with the wifi.

Would I stay again? Oh Yes!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Swindon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here on my last night in Houston as I wanted a Marriott property that wasn't priced sky high, due to it being mid week and all those business accounts.

Looks new and is right next door to the Fairfield Inn which strangely was $10 more per night than the Towneplace, they share car parks by the looks of it. In a nice safe location a short distance to Bush International Airport, if you wanted to go out and have a choice when eating you would definately need a car.

Room was large with a fridge/freeze, coooker and microwave, looked like a 32" TV with HD chanels. Nice and clean with a smallish bathroom room but more than adequate.

The downside was that the free breakfast was limited, although I suppose you do get what you pay for so I should have expected this really. Like virtually all the previous reviewers I have to say that the Wi-Fi is most probably the worst I've encountered for a long time, it toook me back to the days of 56k ADSL. Sometimes it was impossible to even get onto to it.

When checking out I made the point of saying that the Wi-Fi was appalling and that they should look on Trip Advisor to see these reviews because it would appear they are losing business as a result of it. I was told that the management are taking the performance up with their supplier so I hope that very soon the performance will be improved significantly for future travellers.

Wi-Fi and breakfast apart I would stay here again because the room was good for the price and it is in a nice safe area with good parking and is close to the airport. The overall rating would have been very good but for the points made above.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in town and decided to stay closer to the airport for an early flight. Because I was so close to the airport, I decided that I would return my rental car early to make life a little easier. Check-in was quick and the FOA confirmed that they picked up from the rental car location and asked that I call when I am ready to be picked up. Went to grab dinner and returned the car and called for a pickup. It is now night time and the temperature is around 45 degrees and I did not expect a long wait without a jacket. After 30+ minutes I called the hotel again and asked where the van service was. She put me on hold and after a few minutes she came back to inform me that the driver would be there in two - three minutes. She did arrive soon with a van full of arriving guest who gave me strange looks for being picked up at the rental car location parking lot. The driver never actually saw me get in the van and she just came around and closed the door. I am sure that if I was one of those passengers I would give me strange looks as well. I get to the room to settle in for the night. The room is nice and clean but the toilet seat is broken - This could not be over looked from someone cleaning the bathroom. I turn on the shower to get the hot water going and once I get in the shower and adjust the water the handle falls off and nearly falls on my foot. The bed was not so comfortable and the fitted sheet would not stay in place pulling from the corners every move I made on the bed which left for a light seeping night. Early rise to make an 8 AM flight and the same driver from last night is working this morning at 5 AM. If they run the shuttle until midnight does she sleep. The shuttle back was better than my pick up. The driver is a very nice lady but I don't think that she speaks good English. She does not communicate very well and passengers are a little confused where she is going. The hotel is a little off the beaten path just outside the entrance of the airport. You can still hear the air traffic from time to time but it does not appear to be in a direct flight pattern. Looks to be a recent built property and looks well maintained. The Housekeepers are not flowing through with maintenance request as seen from my room. The other problems I had was regarding pets. No problem that this is a pet friendly hotel but I had three challenges. Upon checking in and returning to my car a guest was outside the entrance (side door) with her dog speaking with another guest. Either she did not pick up after the dog, dropped it or someone stepped in it and it was numerous drops of dog stuff on the side walk just outside the entrance. The second was I was entering the building again from a trip to the car and another female guest was standing in the door way with her dog and the dog jumps up on me front paws on my upper thighs. The dog was not a threat however everyone is not dog friendly and the guest did not apologize or say a word to me. She completely ignored me and continued a conversation with another guest. I walked away to enter the elevator which smells like dog urine. I have never actually had a problem with pets in an extended stay property before. Lastly, this hotel has the slowest internet I have every seen from a hotel - it is almost like dial up. I was not trying to stream or perform any downloads just check email and pay a bill. Page load time was 2-5 minutes so I finally had to pull out my hotspot. The Front Office Staff were very nice.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces the Holiday Inn and the right side face the Fairfield Inn which shares t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TPSHoustonAirport, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
It appears that we definitely failed in a couple of areas, as our goal is always to exceed every guest’s expectations. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue as noted.

We hope that you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our true interest in serving you properly should your travels bring you back to Houston.

Again, thanks for staying with us, and for also sharing your feedback. Both are appreciated it greatly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall our stay was adequate as we only stayed overnight and the hotel is close to the airport. Wifi connections were below average and it was nearly impossible to get a reliable mobile connection unless your standing at the window. For longer stays I would recommend one of the Residence Inns in Houston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear figment7,
Thank you for your recent review! Your comments regarding the friendliness of our Team are greatly appreciated.
Additionally, we recognize the issues noted with our internet, and have already taken steps to remedy this issue. The hotel has increased its bandwidth substantially, and are in the process of installing additional access points. This will increase our coverage, and alleviate the issues experienced for future guests.
Overall, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future! Please email me and I will secure your accommodations for you personally.