“Average stay with nice staff”

TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #124 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall our stay was adequate as we only stayed overnight and the hotel is close to the airport. Wifi connections were below average and it was nearly impossible to get a reliable mobile connection unless your standing at the window. For longer stays I would recommend one of the Residence Inns in Houston.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TPSHoustonAirport, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear figment7,
Thank you for your recent review! Your comments regarding the friendliness of our Team are greatly appreciated.
Additionally, we recognize the issues noted with our internet, and have already taken steps to remedy this issue. The hotel has increased its bandwidth substantially, and are in the process of installing additional access points. This will increase our coverage, and alleviate the issues experienced for future guests.
Overall, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future! Please email me and I will secure your accommodations for you personally.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights before giving up and finding other arrangements. The wifi is horrible, if you try to use the wifi between 5pm-9pm good luck I couldn't even get the email to pull up. I think they share it with the fairfield next door and its too many people on the internet for it to work. Had one problem during the stay and that was the closet leaked water on my clothes, the staff moved my room and washed the clothes that were "rained" on. The staff there is the only reason I might stay there if in the area and the internet isn't going to be needed. I didn't believe the previous posters about the internet and I should have. Nice hotel if internet is not needed!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were here for a 3 day familiarization trip because we are moving here paid by our company. I can't say anything about the price since we did not pay.

The good: Nice room but on the small side for a "suite", full frig and kitchenette, hotel is well kept, nice pool and free b-fast (so so) and decent dinner (M-Thurs), HBO, Shuttle to IAH

The bad: room is a little on the small size if you don't upgrade (we were 2 adults and a little girl), WIFI (PLEASE UP KEEP your network, Marriott) was the worst I ever had at a Marriott. I ended up using my phone (or the Ethernet was a bit better), housekeeping on weekend is not much other than making bed and new towels

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years. It has consistently good customer service, free breakfast, great rooms, and a free shuttle to IAH. In addition there is a free happy hour with a limited choice of drinks and food in the evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

In room wifi horribly slow - this is my 7th night and it has gotten progressively worse-otherwise great hotel near airport. Breakfast decent. Front desk personnel friendly. Everything nice and clean - just the frustrations of trying to get a decent Internet connection

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We found ourselves at this hotel after the Country Inn & Suites down the street didn't have a crib for our baby nephew after we reserved one and they treated us badly when we said we couldn't keep our reservation without it.

We were all tired and upset and the staff here secured us two rooms, a pack and play crib and gave us a list of local area restaurants with recommendations.

It was a great restful night before our flights home and we were very grateful to the kind staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had to work in Houston for 2 weeks near the airport and this hotel was perfect. Great location and close to all major highways. Right near the airport in a pretty area that has some trails for safe walking. The property is new, clean, very nice ammenities like an outdoor pool with waterfall, outdoor gas fireplace, free breakfast and sometimes even dinner. My room was reat and they stock you with Paul Mitchell products every day. I am so glad I am here if I have to be anywhere im Houston. Will come back again when I return for work.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business