Angus Grill Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #4,688 of 8,396 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Brazilian Steakhouse. All-you-can-eat meat buffet, open salad bar, and unlimited cheese bread servings. Delicious, great and friendly service.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We paid $40 for two with a Groupon to this place, and I still don't think it was worth it. I would spend the extra $$ and go to a better brazilian steakhouse. The best thing on the menu was grilled pineapple (and that was seriously delicious). As for the meats, they weren't very tender...or anything to write home about.

The meat options when I went were Top Sirloin, Garlic Beef, Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon (this wasn't bad), Bottom Sirloin (yuck), Chicken Drum sticks (nice and moist, but could be made at home), Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon (eh), Pork Sausage (Hillshire Farms has better), Chicken Hearts (I wasn't a fan, but my boyfriend got a few more rounds), and grilled pineapple (see above).

The salad bar was poor. There weren't many options and all the toppings weren't what really goes on a salad at all. There was also rice, black beans and mashed potatoes. All of these were lacking flavor and could be made better from a box at home.

The service was good for us. Our server would go get the people serving certain meats when we asked for a specific type, which was nice. However, the meat servers (?) never really looked to see whether we had our red/green cards up and asked us if we wanted meat even when we had put the red cards up. This wasn't really a problem, but it was hard to enjoy each other and our meal when we are being interrupted every few minutes.

All in all, I would never go back here again. Although I am not giving up on all brazilian steakhouses!

1  Thank embee09

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The food was good, But sit towards the back of the restaurants closest to where the food comes out of the kitchen or you might miss out on some good meat! The guys did a good job of making sure we got our desired meats and pineapple, yum!! When entering the parking lot be sure to turn right for some good prime parking!

1  Thank Jcontenta
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Even after reading the poor reviews still decided to give them a try. Yes used my groupon, the lesson learned is you get what you pay for. Didn't take long to realize the food was subpar. The salad bar and side dishes were very poor, mashed potatoes like water. However I had read how service was not good, but I did not find this to be the case. The meat was coming faster than I could eat. Just not very tasty. Grilled pineapple was really good!

1  Thank Jefferson7
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Sorry but Angus Grill Churrascaria Brazilian Steak House is Not worth it, even with a Groupon. Big let down, Slow service AND they try 2 be slick on the bill, crazy over charging on the drinks. To add to it, we saw them serving ribs from a glance but WE NEVER GOT ANY. smh lol not for me, not ever again. I'll stick to Fogo de Chao if I ever want to go to a brazilian steak house.

1  Thank SpiritMartinez
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The salad bar is nothing to brag about and would've preferred to have the salad served instead of the buffet style.
The meat was okay but nothing exceptional and it seemed that there were way too many meat peddlers to the point of annoyance.

Definitely not on my list of restaurants for a repeat visit.

1  Thank Omar R