“A big park in the middle of a big city”
Review of Memorial Park

Memorial Park
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular among bikers, hikers, roller bladers, ball players and spoiled dogs (on leashes, please!).
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Memorial Park is a great place to go on a nature hike, take a picnic, go for a walk, play golf, play tennis, swim, or run the 3 mile running loop. The running trail is great. Lots of people utilize it at all times of the day and is the perfect place for a female to run and feel safe, even early in the morning or after dark at night.

1  Thank rmm151s
There are newer reviews for Memorial Park

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I like it. It is a park. If you like parks and like recreational areas and places to picnic and exercise then this is it.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Memorial Park is best for exercise be it running, biking, golf or tennis. The trails are well maintained and lit - there are people out there day and night. The trails are free but there are charges for golf or tennis. The drought has taken a toll on the magnificent loblolly pines but there are still plenty of trees to provide some sense of the great outdoors. You need to use your street smarts about parking because you are, after all, in the middle of a city of six million - so don't think you are the only one in the world to think of "hiding" your handbag under the front seat. After your workout you might be able to grab a snack or meal at the Tennis Center or Becks.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was told that it's about a three mile walk or run around Memorial park.. It's a very nice experience because you get to see all that the park has to offer.. from a play ground and bbq area to the golf course, to the workout/stretching area. It's a clean park and lunch or iced tea at the golf is very relaxing-they also allow you to have your dog on the patio at the golf course and offer water and bisquit to your furry friend. Coming from NYC it's hard to top Central Park but I really enjoyed visiting Memorial park

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been coming to memorial park for over a year and just love the overall feel of the environment. I have always felt very at peace as I walk or jog. EXCEPT for last Wednesday..... I arrived at approx 9 am and as I finished the trail roughly 40mins later I noticed my window had been smashed and my purse stolen. It was a sense of deep dissappointment because I always associated the park with families, athletics, animal lovers ect....i never expected to have my car vandalized. They got nothing as I had just emptied the purse that morning, but I did love the OLD thing. It was not in plain sight but im sure someone saw me adjust it under the seat before I walked off...MY MISTAKE. I havent returned, just doesnt feel the same right now. I am writing this review only to STRESS to people to be very aware of their surroundings, and those people around them. Make sure NOTHING is in sight, and no valuables are left in the car. If possible dont even take any valuables with you. And look around at other vehicles...police never passed by me in the hour and a half I was standing by my vehicle. Most people didnt even notice although I was backed into my spot with the drivers side window facing ALL the cars coming into the park nearly right across from the benches by the tennis courts...where everyone sits.

3  Thank Waterfals