“Great food, not for big parties”
Review of Mo's Place for Steaks - CLOSED

Mo's Place for Steaks
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Ambassador Way - 2 blocks north of the Galleria
Description: Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax on the patio while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you! Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food here was excellent. My steak was super tender and flavors were great on everything. We were in a large party for a friends birthday and it took a long time. We were there 3 hours before dinner was done. And that was before we were done eating, not just hanging out. Go for the food but I would not go again in a large party.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

As the name suggests, a great place for steaks. I had Mo's special and was not disappointed. Good service and well appointed restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were in the area on business and our hotel recommended this restaurant for steak. We sat outside and started off with martinis - both were good. Some people smoked cigars but that did not bother us. I had the Menu. The 1st course salad was good. The steak (Filet, 6 ounces) was well cooked (medium rare) and tasty. The desert (chocolate cake) was good too. The choice of wines by the glass was limited, but the choices of mostly californian wines was good. The service was very friendly and efficient (except the boy clearing the tables - he was having a very bad evening...). The restaurant was packed and it seems that the other guests were having a good time (it was loud). Overall, the food and experience was good for an "informal" business night out. I would recommend this restaurant and would gladly return the next time I am in this area of Houston.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went here for the first time and had a mixed feeling because of the reviews I've read. After our great dining experience, it just confirms that this is the place to get your steak! First of all the service of the waitstaff is just excellent. You really feel appreciated for dining in their resto. I have been to some restaurant where I felt like I owed them for being there, you don't feel appreciated. Other than the excellent service, we had a good meal. The salad had the right amount of dressing, fresh and crispy. The soup is good and at right temperature. The steak was done as we liked it, juicy and and very tender. The seabass was fresh and not fishy at all. The sauce is just right and not overwhelming. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. If you want a quieter corner, go to the main dining room. The piano lounge has a bit of more casual ambiance and more lively.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I frequently have business dinners at Mo's. The entire staff are always nice and accommodating. Their food is amazing; the sushi appetizers are better than what you'd find at sushi restaurants. The steaks are always perfect! Many times our out of town guests who've been here before alway ask of we can go to Mo's.