“Take ALL your valuables from the car!”

WoodSpring Suites Houston I-10 West
Ranked #287 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Take ALL your valuables from the car!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Cars get broken into on a regular basis here. There is no camera in the parking lot. The management says to get used to it. 1 manager (older guy) is very rude and unhelpful, the other younger seems OK. I have seen cockroaches. The keyed entry is finicky and causes problems getting in. The bottom floor is not good for sleeping because of the cars. Also they work 24 hours to clean rooms and you can hear it at night when they are vacuuming carpets. The internet is slow as 56k from the 90's.

The good: Room was acceptable and clean and didnt smell of smoke and the price was right.

Room Tip: Chose upper floor and park your car on the side below your window so you can keep an eye on it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank bob h
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Houston I-10 West, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments. When bug issues are reported, they are treated immediately by our pest control company. The keyed entry issue has been fixed and our housekeeping staff does not clean past 6 p.m. as a courtesy to our guests. Value Place strives to provide a consistently clean, safe, and affordable stay for our guests.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July/beginning of August 2012. Really, you get what you pay for. I didn't have any issues with rude staff, they just never seemed in a hurry. Had to wait a long time to check in - I think they could have been faster. Never saw any bugs. Seemed safe enough, bed was comfortable enough. My biggest complaint was the pillows. Lumpiest pillows I've ever encountered. Absolutely horrible. I luckily had brought my own but the pillows they provided were so uncomfortable that I would have gone out and bought my own pillow if I hadn't brought mine with me. I told the front desk about the pillows and they said that it's because they are washed so much because they are trying to focus on cleanliness. That's good that they want their pillows to be clean, but I've never had the lumpy pillow issue with other hotels and I assume they keep their pillows clean too. Bathroom could have been cleaner - found 2 hairs in the shower area and the shower curtain (the inside facing the tub) had little brown stains on it. It needed replacing. Showerhead was old and needed to be cleaned - water pressure was no good. Toilet had some mold or mildew growth up under the lip of the bowl near the top. They advertise a full kitchen but there is no oven (which could be an issue for people staying a really long time) and there are no pots, pans, or utensils! You have to pay extra for these which I think should be included. I don't think a full kitchen should be advertised if there is nothing to cook with included. Only a small cutting board is included. It would be nice if they had a closed top trash can in the kitchen area - they only had a smallish open top one which gets smelly quickly - you have to stay on top of taking out your trash since housekeeping only comes every other week. There was a good choice of TV channels to pick from. Overall, it wasn't that bad (for a shorter stay at least) - I'm sure there are much worse places to stay than this particular hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank ebs1117
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I lived here for a year a while back and it was wonderful. Moved back in a few months ago and things are horrible. 1) It's overrun with roaches 2) Rude employees - Mr. Robinson is unspeakably rude. I waited at the counter to pay for internet (very slow) and was ignored by Danielle while she had a personal discussion with another employee - I finally had to interrupt 3) Nothing ever happens when it's supposed to - my room was supposed to be cleaned 6 days ago - still no sign of the housekeeper. The ONLY positive I've experienced here is the maintenance guy, Jerome - he's courteous and helpful. Management here is hopeless - doesn't upper management read these reviews?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank bill b
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at this value place, in 2009 and I had the best time of my life, the manager that was there at that point was the sweetest person, and the staff was so enjoyable, they actually cared about us and our stay, I just stayed there 2 weeks ago and i was horrid, the sheets were nasty, the manager now ha!!! Ha!!! rude as sob, I will personally never stay at this value place again, actually no value places again, hey if they can tell me where that firsdt staff of people are working at now. I will go and give my business to them. do not do not do not stay at this property, if you want your moneys worth you'll go up the street a little bit more for better quality and softer beds lol. Value Place my @$$

Room Tip: Stay at another property
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank elle s
, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites Houston I-10 West, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We certainly strive that every guest stay is similar or better than the one you had in 2009.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another try and thank you for bringing the customer service issues to our attention.

Value Place Property Management
houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This red head manager has no clue on good communication skills, l had a problem with the slow and almost non-existant internet service that cost $10 per wk, local call that they charge for.A lady called Bonnie,she's welcoming, attentive @first l thought she was the manager.She deserves to be promoted to position of MANAGER l hope the owner of this location sees this review as the current manager is costing this location a lot of money due to his foul mouth.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank jo a
First, I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will visit with Thomas and find out what happened during your stay.

Second, I'm going to email you privately and get some more details.

Third, I sincerely hope that you will try us again if you ever need extended stay lodging again.

Value Place Property Management
katy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

ive been here 3 weeks the manger is nasty with an attitude no house keeping, they dont want to give u towels, they sheets dont b that clean wen they give them to you neither is the towels even though they always saying they washing thats why you have to wait to get them and they most likely wont give them to you basically my problem with value place is that they didnt tell us that we had to provide everything we need like im renting an apartment they really need look over their policies and the way they treat the people comes here so now they have to deal with another bad review because i know im not the only 1 that feel this way about value place in katy off of I10 they suck to me now i know not come here again or send any of my friends :( ps i only stayed this long because of a situation im in but atleast its a place to stay)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank lindasok2
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

This extended stay hotel makes you put down a $100 deposit. They charge a weekly rate of $10 for internet. They do not provide ANY kitchen items. They do not provide hand towels. They charge for every local call made from your room. They do not provide toilet paper or trash bags. You get no housekeeping unless you are willing to pay $25 for it. They have a 19 inch basic TV. This hotel is new but that is the only advantage for staying here. They only have double beds, which is a foam mattress on top of wooden platform. We had to purchase thick pillowtop mattress pad to be able to sleep on it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank rfergurson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Four Points By Sheraton Houston Energy Corridor
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston/Katy
Days Inn & Suites Katy
Extended Stay America - Houston - Katy Freeway - Energy Corridor
Palace Inn
Palace Inn
#19 of 20 in Katy
WoodSpring Suites Houston I-45 Airtex

Been to WoodSpring Suites Houston I-10 West? Share your experiences!