“Excellent, Amazing Food and overall experience”

Gigi's Asian Bistro and Dumpling Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Post Oak Boulevard
Description: Gigi's Asian Bistro & Dumpling Bar is located in The Galleria with entrances from the street on Westheimer and the interior of the Galleria. The menu is created to give your palate a tour of authentic Asian Flavors from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, and Maylasia in a setting that is handsome with a sexy, Asian vibe. If you are a group of 6-10 persons, ask for "Alley" tables, where each cubbyhole is curtained off from prying eyes. 15,000 silk cherry blossoms hang in the sky of our main dining room, "The Cherry Blossom Room," creating a warm and elegant atmosphere. Gigi's signature dishes are Heavenly Beef, Shaking Beef, Coconut Green Curry Chicken, Crispy Whole Fish and Japanese Eggplant. From our Dim Sum menu, guests enjoy ShuMai (shrimp & crabmeat), shrimp dumplings, & Chicken Potstickers. Quench your thirst on our chilled Lychee Martinis & Singapore Slings.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

One of my clients took me to this restaurant 2 years ago and I was shocked that it had been there for 4 years and I had no idea. It's in the Houston Galleria, right next to Del Frisco's where I'd been before. It's hard to find but very worth looking for it. It's a complete experience from the very unique decor to the unique and very flavorful food. My husband doesn't usually like Thai restaurants but loves getting the Clay pot and I love, love the Green Chicken Curry - it's amazing!! I also love starting with a glass of wine and her edamame dumplings with truffle oil - yummy. The main dining room is beautiful, it's called the Cherry Blossom room but what I love is that they have these individual rooms for larger groups which is so fun for our family get togethers. I must say though it is a little pricey but since my husband and I see going out to eat as entertainment we think a night at Gigi's is well worth it. Also, if you are taking guests don't take them in the mall entrance. I have found it's more impressive walking in from the street side. They have valet parking right there for all three of the restaurants along that side.

There are newer reviews for Gigi's Asian Bistro and Dumpling Bar

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The restaurant is beautiful and interesting to look at. The service was very attentive. The food was nothing special, the portions were on the small side and the prices were twice what they should be. We tried the dinner and will not be back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This pleasant Chinese restaurant located on an expensive tract of real estate has made much needed adjustments to accommodate the lunch crowd. That previously translated into a very good lunch but a bloated lunch tab! It was too expensive for lunch.
Yesterday I returned (out of convenience) and discovered the $12 lunch offering.
The property is looking a little worn, but the food is very good.
I would recommend this eatery and the Orange Beef lunch offering.
Good service.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Gigi's is great! We have eaten there before as we live in Houston and have met family for dinner there. The evening I am reviewing now was a group of us from the conference and everyone seemed to really enjoy their food.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I went here for date night. We had spring rolls, edamame dumplings, Pad Thai, and jet veggies to eat plus one cocktail for dinner. The total came to $66.00 before tip. The food was all tasty, just a tad bit on the oily side (even the dumplings and veggies had lots of oil). The cocktail we had was excellent. Service was good too, and the Galleria location is great if you are in the area. You can enter the restaurant from inside the mall or valet park out front.