“Great dinner at the bar”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #311 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Fannin Street
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited Morton's on a Saturday night in downtown Houston. Downtown is kind of dead on the weekends since most people don't live there. We sat at the bar at Morton's and the bartender was very nice and helpful. He made custom drinks for us and made great recommendations for dinner.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently had a birthday lunch at Mortons. Ordered the chopped spinach salad to start, followed with the 9 oz lunch Ribeye, sided with Garlic Mash Potaoes and asparagus. Finally finished up with a nice Creme Brulee. The Creme Brulee may not have been the best I have ever had, but definately didnt suck - ;). Had a nice bottle a Stags Leap Petite Syrah....which I highly recomend. Excellent food, great service, a nice atmosphere, and an overall beautiful place. The only detraction from this place is the price

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Craving a good old fashioned steak, I visited Mortons in Houston and was not disappointed. WOW ... Everything was spot on. Love the hot bread which I tried not to eat (but ended up asking for more)... Steak was superb and the peppercorn sauce to die for.... I had spinach and chips too as well as plenty of a great robust red... Can`t go wrong with Mortons.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Last night, my husband and I decided to go to Morton's. BTW, we love steakhouses: Vic and Anthony's, Del Frisco's, Killeen's, Tradicao...the list can go on and on. Upon entry, the bar is simply stunning. We had a 6:30 reservation and was seated immediately without menus. And waited. Now, the wait wasn't eternity, but for a steakhouse you expect prompt service. Eventually, the bread guy came with some onion and pepper bread that was nasty. Wasn't our thing. Oh, we still didn't have menus. No waitress had stopped by. So we are just looking around and noticed there wasn't any staff on the floor. Finally, the waitress came and she looked all of 18. Sigh...cute girl, but extremely soft-spoken. Ordered a lemon drop for me, hubbie ordered Crown on the rocks. LDrop came with a 1/4 of lemon on the rim of the glass, no sugar around the rim. People who know lemon drops know this is a no-no. Took a sip and it tasted like vermouth and vodka. The Crown was served in the smallest glass I've seen. I am certain that the kids' meal had bigger glasses. For apps: I ordered the Caesar salad and the crab cake. He orders a dozen raw oysters. Crab cake was great. Salad was big enough to share. Oysters were fresh. Entrees: For me- Chicago Style Prime Ribeye and hubbie had the Prime NY Strip. Absolutely no flavor. Now, there is a difference between flavor and salty. This was a hunk of meat that was placed on the grill. Sides- Mac and Cheese which was so-so. Creamed Spinach-bland and not cheesy. Mashed Potatoes- so-so and AuGratin Potatoes- okay. Nothing was excellent. Especially for the prices. Service was slow. Restaurant was empty. At times, we saw the staff just standing there talking. Completely underwhelmed. If this was SaltGrass, I could get over it. But because we spent over $200, glad we checked the box as we will not be returning.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really enjoyed Morton's! As my other reviews state my boyfriend is always on the hunt for a good steak. For us the bar is always Vic and Anthony's is the at the top. To be honest I enjoyed my steak here more than there. I had the bone in filet mignon, and it was seasoned so well. However the highlight was the bacon macaroni, so good I thought I should have a heart attack on the way home. We went on a late Sunday night and there was literally only two other tables in the place that were occupied, we sat in the bar and had a great quiet evening.