“Good, Not Great Sushi. Inconsistent Service.”
Review of Azuma - Downtown

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Main
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I love sushi. Azuma has very good but a long way from great sushi. Too often I've had very so-so raw fish. Houston has a number of better sushi restaurants. Please note, I'm not a big fan of Japanese food other than sushi. My friends have generally enjoyed the rest of the menu. I've had great table service most of the times I've been here; however, the hostesses have generally not been very friendly.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The food is wonderful. So good. Service can be slow. Lots of standing around at the expediter. Received my miso soup after my entree. But it was delicious and easily accepted. Will come back.

1  Thank JJsMan
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Nice ambiance - quick service - extremely cheap for a place with such a high-end feel to it. Good variety of items so non-japanese eaters should still find plenty to chose from

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Best tempura I've ever had. Great service and menu suggestions.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

What a wonderful meal!!! We had a romantic night outside!!