All reviewsolder hotelmedical centerclose to downtownmuseum districtpleasant staybeds were comfortableshuttle serviceandersoncancerratesconvenience
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

While I am one to look for good deals, this MOTEL is no deal. I cannot classify this as a hotel - it does not deserve that designation. The air in the room has an odor I cannot classify; stains and bubblegum in the carpet; plugs that do not meet code; inappropriate load on some plugs; tiny pillows...and I haven't even gone to sleep yet. I did, however, have to use my inhaler, so clearly not safe for asthmatics. I was supposed to be here two nights. I called downstairs an hour after I arrived and told them to cancel my second night. I got a Hotwire rate of $20 less for a 4-star hotel instead. One star is too much in my opinion. The only redeeming value was a very nice front desk manager.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Sablier
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Expected way more for the price. A disappointment compared to some LA Quinta's I've stayed at. Everything smelled like bleach, very overwhelming. Basic breakfast, nothing special and fell short of what I expect from this chain. Bathroom was horrible and really out dated, caulking was peeling everywhere and the tub spout was twisted side ways and sticking way off the wall and the drain plug was broke. Worst yellow paint ever, stayed out as much as possible. Find another one close for hopefully, a more memorable experience.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank bgskyman
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thank you for giving us your feedback. we failed to fulfilled your expectation . Our goal is to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us as our guest. I’m sorry that we didn’t do so for you.
I hope you will give us chance again to give you good experience at our hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is a dated hotel, probably circa early 90's. The front building has very nice rooms. The rear buildings, apparently older, with outside entrances, looked scary. I left my key ring in the room. I called the hotel the next day, and the manager sent it to me by mail.
Room rate was moderate for the quality of the room. I would definitely stay in this older hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the front building.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Don't let the great location fool you. Stayed one night in the main building on the third floor and one night in the rear building on the second floor.
The third floor room had burned out light bulbs and the television remote didn't work. The bathroom was tiny and the water didn't ever really get hot. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable with very nice bedding. The breakfast was pretty dreadful the first day. An hour before the breakfast area was supposed to close, there were no scrambled eggs, just cold hardboiled eggs. The fruit was bruised and substandard. The front desk staff was very nice.
The second floor room in the rear building was noisy due to the freeway and poorly sealed door and windows. There was mildew on the ceiling above the shower and the non-smoking room had several cigarette burns on the bathtub. Again, one of the lamps had a burned out bulb, but the television remote did work. The carpet had multiply stains and the air conditioning cycled so that the room would go from a little too cold to a little too warm, meaning there's too great a range on the temperature. The a/c blew right across both beds. At least the water did get hot.
The building exterior was very shabby and desperately in need of a paint job.
The selection of television stations was very limited.

Room Tip: stay in main building (three stories) on second or third floor for quieter rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank GaySeminarian
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

I hope you will give us chance again to give you good experience at our hotel.