All reviewsolder hotelmedical centerclose to downtownmuseum districtpleasant staybeds were comfortableshuttle serviceandersoncancerratesconvenience
Reviewed November 1, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Don't let the great location fool you. Stayed one night in the main building on the third floor and one night in the rear building on the second floor.
The third floor room had burned out light bulbs and the television remote didn't work. The bathroom was tiny and the water didn't ever really get hot. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable with very nice bedding. The breakfast was pretty dreadful the first day. An hour before the breakfast area was supposed to close, there were no scrambled eggs, just cold hardboiled eggs. The fruit was bruised and substandard. The front desk staff was very nice.
The second floor room in the rear building was noisy due to the freeway and poorly sealed door and windows. There was mildew on the ceiling above the shower and the non-smoking room had several cigarette burns on the bathtub. Again, one of the lamps had a burned out bulb, but the television remote did work. The carpet had multiply stains and the air conditioning cycled so that the room would go from a little too cold to a little too warm, meaning there's too great a range on the temperature. The a/c blew right across both beds. At least the water did get hot.
The building exterior was very shabby and desperately in need of a paint job.
The selection of television stations was very limited.

Room Tip: stay in main building (three stories) on second or third floor for quieter rooms
1  Thank GaySeminarian
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you for giving us your feedback. we failed to fulfilled your expectation . Our goal is to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us as our guest. I’m sorry that we didn’t do so for you.
I hope you will give us chance again to give you good experience at our hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

As soon as you walk in the lobby it smells like mold or some kind of odor I understand they are remodeling. The area is real suspicions and I don't think I would go back to that location. I am sorry thank you.

2  Thank nickyesir
Meghna P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

I hope you will give us chance again to give you good experience at our hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I stayed in a LQ in Houston, Greenway Plaza location for business travel. I arrived late at night, and the lobby is under construction, and not well maintained. It should be called a motel with doors facing the outside, rather than a hotel. I heard people talking and playing music in the parking lot the whole night. At one point, someone's smoke alarm went off. I walked into the room and it was flooded with cigarette smoke. I went back down and requested a different room, but they were full. I indicated to the associate working that night that I was extremely unhappy with this. I was unable to find a different hotel room in the whole city of Houston, so my only option was to stay at 11pm at night. My room had a hole in the dry wall, stains on the carpet, a piece of plastic hanging for the shower curtain. The next morning upon checkout at 7:15 am, the cook at that location named Tony got into a fist fight with a homeless man who came to get food at the buffet. They were fighting about 3 feet away from me in the lobby; the lady, as she was checking me out, was shouting telling them to stop. They finally went outside, as I got into my Uber to leave. To say I felt unsafe is an understatement. I could not have left this property fast enough. I would not recommend anyone, regardless of age, to stay here.

Room Tip: They have a select number of rooms in the inner building, but the majority face the outside.
2  Thank Molly H
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Molly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your candid feedback on our property. We are extremely sorry for the negative experience you had at this hotel. Your feedback is the best way for us to know that action needs to be taken to improve our process at this property. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you encountered during your stay as this is certainly not the kind of guest experience we want you to have. Your concerns will be shared with hotel management to ensure proper steps are taken to resolve all of the issues immediately. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Diana – LQ Customer Care

Reviewed October 4, 2017

I have stayed at this motel several time over the last two year period. The property is becoming run-down and is in bad need of a complete renovation - or replacement. Breakfast is poor quality food. Mattresses are not comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends