“very comfortable”

Ranked #250 of 506 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
“very comfortable”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

older hotel but clean and comfortable and convenient. We shared the whole hotel with folks attending the Houston Fat Stock show and Rodeo at one point even a trailer with cattle outside the Hotel. In spite of all this hotel was not cluttered, lots of parking, not noisy, rooms clean and comfortable, slept very well. However a colleague who had a room facing the gulf freeway was bothered by the freeway noise.
I would stay there again.
Hotel need to provide some maintenace for the elevator appearance

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I am very disappointed with the state of the Greenway Plaza location in Houston. The service is good but the hotel seems somewhat rundown, and not up to the quality and standards I have come to expect from La Quinta. For starters the faucets in the shower and tub were falling apart.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MarlonHodge

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was ok but I expected more for the price we paid.
The breakfast was very disappointing unless you like waffles. Cold cereal, muffins, boiled eggs and bagels.
I just want more bang for my bucks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza to attend Women of Faith conference at Lakewood Church. The staff was wonderful to so many ladies gathered for this event. When we returned to the hotel on Friday night, the staff informed us that the breakfast time for Saturday morning would begin an hour earlier (at 6 am). While we were eating, breakfast items were being replenished so that all items were available. We appreciated the friendliness of all the staff and knew we could call Jasmine for anything we needed. Yes this is an older facility but the helpfulness of the staff cannot be equaled. Clean room, clean bathroom, good breakfast, easy access to our conference all made a difference to us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Room was what we were looking for. All the necessary items and comfort. Not looking for high end décor or fancy trim. The room was very clean and came with everything we needed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza for the first time since visiting Houston. I made the right decision. The location of this hotel is by far its greatest asset. I was able to get to everything that I wanted to get to in a matter minutes. That is including travel on the interstate as well as travel on side streets. The hotel staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about traveling while in Houston. My room was exactly what I expected. It was clean and I had no problems sleeping during the night. This is an older La Quinta, so expect that it might need some updating, but that won't hinder your experience while in Houston, at least it didn't hinder my experience. If you are looking for a hotel close to downtown/midtown without paying a downtown/midtown price, you've found it here. It only took my five minutes (on the interstate) to get to downtown. If you are flying in via Hobby Airport, the hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive via I-45 or I-610, whichever works for you. I will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

ME