La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area
Ranked #238 of 517 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have found LaQuinta to be a great hotel to stay at when using the medical centers in Houston. Service was great and hotel clean. They always pay attention to my specific needs. Occasional problem with sound at night. Last visit there was a drunken party by the pool outside my window.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at this LQ for a four day trip to Houston. Was not the best location, but the closest one to downtown. Our only major complaint is that we booked a king bed and had two fulls instead. I didn't sleep well the whole weekend. Otherwise, we had no complaints. Its a bit run down and could certainly use some updating, but we weren't staying at a resort, either. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived late, at around 1:15, due to a flight delay. We were told that we should have been informed that our reservations would be cancelled at 1:00am ( no such information on line), that we could not check in for 20 minutes 'because I am running my audit' (no such information on-line) and subsequently that we have been allocated two smoking rooms ( yeah right, even though our reservations had been cancelled?). Still waiting for our rooms, now it is 2am.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellerRoscoe
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an older property located in the heart of southwest Houston. It is conveniently located within a short distance of many major attractions. There is easy access on and off the interstate in order to travel to all areas of the city. Very reasonably priced for its location.

Room Tip: Choose a king room with a pull-out sofa bed. It equates to a mini suite. I was at the end of the h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is an extremely dated hotel. The doors are cracked and in need of replacement. The caulking in the bathtub has been repaired so many times it is awful. The wood flooring has gaps. I could have stayed at a relatively new Marriott Courtyard nearby for the same price.

• Stayed: September 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Mercedes, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My stay was a good one because the service was good and the room was perfect. Breakfast was enough and it was never empty fully stocked at all times. The staff was very professional. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I am done, done and done with this hotel. I have posted past reviews on this hotel before and thinking that it would get better, NO, it got worse...WAAAAY worse...It's horrible, never again!! The owner needs to really do some catching up with the program. Half of the rooms plugs or lights didn't work and the ones that did, they would not stay plugged in or they flickered, very loose. The shower was the worse...The pressure was so hard it literally tore my skin off...Thank God I was not sun burn...wow, that hurt for real...All of these were and have been brought to the managements attention a while back and still have not made any improvements...I will certainly stay in a hotel just down the street and pay $25 more to get the comfort and quality I deserve. I will not even comment on the breakfast area NOR the all night sex party that was next door...They both woke me up, it was that loud...Let's just say, they were not married!!! LQ, you need to intervene in this hotel before it gets worse....OHHH the phone did not even work either, yea...no lights, no plugs and no phone...I really felt safe...hahaha What a joke!!!

Room Tip: Ummm, if you do book, ask for an inside room in the main building...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo