“Better than we Expected!”

La Quinta Inn Houston Greenway Plaza Medical Area
Ranked #294 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Early check-in time(1pm). Newly remodeled rooms are great! Comfortable bed. Decent pool. Great location, although can be a little nosiy at times with traffic if the AC isn't on since it is right off the freeway. Better than what we expected.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Squaby

Reviewed June 9, 2008

Everything was good...nice atmosphere. Pool was great. Walking distance to c-store.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank rrasmussen
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Very clean rooms, exceptionally curteous staff on all shifts. We arrived late one night and the staff had me in my room in less than 3 minutes. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast but it smelled wonderful and the eating room was completely full. Will definitely stay here again next year when we return for the Houston Livestock Show.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kervin0819
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We picked it because of it's location. Based on some reviews we were not expecting a lot and were pleasantly surprised! The hotel has been freshly painted and has new furniture in the lobby and the rooms. Everything was very clean, they have security on the premises and the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

We had a king room which included a small fridge and microwave. The room was an average hotel room, nothing special but was well taken care of and really good for the price.

We did not use the breakfast so ca't comment on that.

There are several resturants and shopping near by. It is easy to get to the medical center and the museum district from here.

Overall this hotel was much better than we anticipated.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessEthel
Reviewed December 6, 2007

My husband had eye surgery at the clinic across the freeway (Twelve Oaks Surgical Center) so I picked this hotel for the convenience and also the price. I did not want to fight traffic after his surgery and I wanted it to be close for his comfort. The lobby was very clean, the breakfast area was fine. Our room was the problem. It did not look like the pictures on the website; the pictures must have been taken of one of the rooms that was recently renovated.
From the minute I walked in the room, I could smell water damage. After going through Hurricane Rita, I know what water damage smells like. The carpet in front of the A/C was soaking wet. Normally I would have asked for another room, but my husband was in no condition to move--he was very uncomfortable from the surgery. Judging from how strong the smell was, there's no way it was a new leak.
I informed the staff at checkout about the leak, which I'm sure they had to have already known about.
Granted, this might be the only room that had a problem, but I still do not recommend this hotel. We have to return to Houston in January for a followup surgery, and I will pay a few dollars more before I stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank daboos65
Reviewed September 9, 2007

The reviews are a bit unfair to this place. They've recently spent time and money giving the place a new paintjob, a bit nicer looking than before. The room was adequate and from what I could tell, clean. I didn't get a ton of service in the room, but it was a good value for my four day stay. The area is a professional area near 59. VERY easy access to and from the highways and the neighborhood that was nearby was very nice and clearly improving as well. Quite a bit of construction on the roads nearby but that's Houston for you. I feel previous reviewers may have been a bit unfair. It's not the Ritz but it's a La Quinta. Come on now.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Tannerautism
A TripAdvisor Member
Marshall, TX
Reviewed July 9, 2006

This is the worst hotel I have ever booked for my famiy to stay. The hotel is in desperate need of renovations. I would of tried to find another hotel, but it was a Saturday and we were just staying for one night. We booked a 3 queen bed family room. The queen size beds were actually double beds. Also, I did see a few ants crawling around on the desk. The tile in the bathroom had mold growing in the cracks. I would not suggest bringing your family to this hotel. The entrance door to my room had several small dents on the outside. Makes me wonder if this door had been kicked in a few times. The key that they gave me was the old out of date punch hole card type. The only reason that I had picked this hotel was because of its close proximity (5 minutes away) to the convention center. This hotel may be ok for a man who is traveling alone and just want a place to lay his head. As far as traveling with your love ones, this place is out of the question. On a postitve note, the young lady who checked us in was very friendly and quite helpful in giving me area information and driving directions.

• Stayed: July 2006