“Great stay and great service”

Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South
Ranked #84 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was looking for a hotel late in the evening near Hobby Airport, and came across this Super 8. It had one of the best rates around so I went to check it out. I went in to the front office and the person at the front desk (Sunny) was very helpful. They only had 2 rooms left (which is always a good sign that people like to stay there) and I was able to get a king bed room with a good AAA rate (I am a AAA member) which they honored. The room was large and included a small couch, coffee table, computer desk and chair, and a refrigerator and microwave. It was clean and looked to have been recently renovated as the furniture and decor had a modern look. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean as well. This room had Hilton quality with a Super 8 price. I will definitely make this my go to place to stay any time I have to work in the area. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay near Hobby Airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Our staff really works very hard to satisfy customers as much as possible and I am thrilled to hear that Sunny helped make your stay a great one.
We are also glad that you liked the room too. as we always want our guests to feel cared for, valued and respected. We appreciate knowing when we have achieved this goal. It was really nice of you to appreciate our rooms to such a level.
Once again we appreciate your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Harry Patel.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South

Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Guy W
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This property was just fine for a 3 night stay in Houston. Mr Patel was very nice and took very good care of us. Housekeeping was good. Breakfast was just as expected. I always felt safe in the area. There is a Walmart Superstore across the street, and that helped. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra B
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Respected Debra,

Thank you for choosing Super 8- Houston Hobby Airport South for your lodging needs. We are very grateful that you were satisfied with your stay. Your feedback is very important and motivates us to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am glad that you liked the housekeeping and location. Please visit us again and give us the opportunity to serve you more.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on a trip to Galveston/Houston area. We were able to get 3 nights for $160 booking early and through the motel website which was awesome. We were very pleased with the room. It was very spacious, unlike some motels I have stayed at for the same price or even more. The bed was very comfortable to me, although my husband said he didn't think it was very comfortable. The pillows were amazing, I could have slept there for 3 days straight. Everything was very clean except for the shower curtain which had a little mold on the bottom of it. The AC worked great although we couldn't seem to figure out how to turn it off so we just unplugged it which was probably our bad. The mini fridge and microwave worked great. Iron and hairdryer also worked. TV worked and got a lot of channels. The outside appearance of the motel was nice, and there was quite a bit of parking around the building which I liked. The staff was very friendly. Housekeeping cleaned in the middle of the day while we were at the beach so it was nice to come back to a clean room.
The location was great. Right off of I-45. There was a shopping center right across the street that we walked to which consisted of Walmart, Ross, Shoe Carnival, Rue 21, Conn's, Payless, Gamestop, and Dollar Tree. There was a convenience store next door, and a Discount Tire a little ways down.

The only problems I had were that the shower curtain had mold on it (which I mentioned earlier). there was a hole in the wall where the TV wire went in because the cover for it was pulled off and the wire was just sticking out of the wall. the back cover on the remote was broken. and we had trouble checking in because when he gave us our key cards the first time they didn't work, and we had already unloaded a bunch of our bags and had them sitting in front of the door when it wouldn't work and I had to walk all the way back to the lobby to get it fixed. it only took a couple minutes to get them working though. so those problems were all really minor and not a big deal at all. we really aren't picky. overall we liked this place a lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Respected Amber,

Thank you for taking out time to write this review and we are so glad that you liked your stay.Our staff works really hard to make sure our guests feel at home and I am thrilled that you felt that genuine comfort. Location and cleanliness are the perks of our motel along with the affordable pricing. I really apologize for the minor problems you faced and hopefully you will visit us next time to see the efforts we have made to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thanks.

Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl P
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael R
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We needed a late night (12:30 am) hotel room. Calling around, most places were booked up. I called this Super 8 and found an opening. I asked the desk to hold a room for me, which they gladly did.

The room was surprisingly very clean, nicely decorated and appointed. All at a great price of $60 a night. The man at the desk was very courteous and was also concerned about the quality of his rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013
super8hobby, General Manager at Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you chose us and were fully satisfied with your stay.

We are so happy to hear that we have won you over with our incredible service. We strive to make sure all of our guests leave completely satisfied and I am happy to hear that our staff made sure that you did! Clean rooms in affordable prices is a perk of our hotel and I am happy that you availed it!

We look forward to having you back and also any family that you have in town, please send them our way! It would be our pleasure to assist them!

Take Care,