All reviews full size refrigerator small kitchen nrg stadium road noise short drive king bed home away from home would stay again medical center free breakfast one night great hotel stayed here front desk sink amenities property
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2017

This was my first time staying at the Staybridge suites Medical Center and its safe to say it wont be my last.

I was initially put off because I was concerned about the area. Having read some reviews of hotels in the area. (Not many reviews on Staybridge yet )

First id like to say I never felt as if this was a bad or unsafe neighborhood. But if you are concerned know that there is 24 hour security at this Hotel and an extensive camera system in place.

The cliental seemed to be mostly patients,family's and some businessman.

I'm never sure exactly what people are looking for when they want a hotel. This ISNT a 5 star upscale luxury hotel. Houston has plenty of those. But that doesn't mean that it cant have the highest rating on tripadvisor.

If you are looking for a very nice mid level Hotel look no further. The rooms are very well appointed and designed with the extended stay in mind. I rented a 2 bedroom suite. It has a King size bed in one room, 2 queens in one room and two bathrooms.

It also has a separate living area and small kitchen. The Kitchen has a full size refrigerator ,sink ,dishwasher microwave and two burner stove top for cooking.
The furnishings appear new as does the entire facility.

The staff is very helpful and courteous especially the front desk ladies and the one gentleman I spoke with.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle to MD Anderson that we took full advantage of. The drivers were very friendly and helpful. They will also take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. So if you'd like you can save the parking fees at MD Anderson or Rice village and not have to fight traffic. For those that would rather drive to the medical center it is a short drive maybe 2 miles at the most without having to use the highway.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area. However, we enjoyed breakfast and a daily social hour ( Monday thru Wed.)where they serve Hors D'oeuvres, Wine ,beer and soft drinks at the hotel.

If there is one negative that id say about this place. It would be that I noticed a noise like a generator or something however it didn't bother my sleep. But I was on the top floor.

I've been writing reviews on trip advisor for quite some time and it is my opinion that once the word gets out, especially among MD Anderson patients about this hotel it will become a difficult room to book.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank trolly123
Reviewed April 18, 2017

We booked a room for 4 and confirmed this when we checked in. However the room had one kingsize bed and a single sofa bed so was clearly not suitable for 4. Why was it sold as a room for 4 and why did the receptionist at check in not know that it wasnt suitable for us? So we carried all our bags up there and only found out it wasnt suitable when we unfolded the sofa bed. We then waited to see if a suitable room was available but had to book 2 studio rooms instead, so double the price and our children were in a separate room!! Wouldn't have booked this room if it had been correctly advertised and may have saved money by going elsewhere

The rooms were clean and well equipped but the hotel is very noisy with people sitting outside our room (we were on ground floor) talking loudly until the early hours. This isnt controlled by the hotel in any way. There was a very noisy generator outside my sons' room too.

Breakfast was free but had run out when we arrived, a good 30 mins before service due to end. We waited at least 10 mins for more to be prepared.

Oh and there is no maid service at weekend!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank d0vedale65
Reviewed April 14, 2017

Stayed here for a quick overnight while on a Houston turnaround. First impression was that the place looked very new and very, very clean. Nice curb appeal. The interior did not disappoint. The lobby and associated spaces were really nice. What blew me away was the size of the rooms (see photos). I had a queen efficiency. My colleague had a one room suite on another floor. While my room was huge, he reported that his was massive. Funny thing was in the queen efficiently that I was in, the bed was lost in the expanse of the space.
Breakfast was fine. Standard fare.
Very pleased all the way around. Will repeat when in the area.
Recommended