“very filling !”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had never been to one before, the experience was good. there is a hoarding inside which is torn and the statue of liberty is riding a harley with one hand and burrito in the other and almost landing in the restauarnt...
the food was fine, you can choose the bread and filling similar to a subway counter, there are variety of sauces at the counter, the barbeque one is good, tried the chilli one which had a danger sign marked on the bottle, I dint find it that spicy.... nachos were good !
the burrito size is huge and there is evern a bigger one you can choose, but the normal one is very filling...
overall a decent place !

1  Thank nyk1981

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful, service was great. Food very good , one note will get the smaller burritos next time. Very good fresh ingredients.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food was just average. Yes a huge burrito but what bothered me was the guy who was apparently in charge. We had never been in Freebirds before and he was talking and cracking jokes, jabbing the other employees - I found it distracting when the acoustics were awful in the building, the person fixing my food was new to the job, and I was hungry. Assuming someone knows how to order from your menu is a mistake - someone either needs answer questions without a lot of comments or there need to be better instructions. I probably would have selected something different if I had actually known what was served but I selected based on what was in front of me and did not look at the entire food line because I had no idea what all of the items were. Definitely would have gone the extra block to some other fast food place if I had been familiar with the area but I was traveling.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I already liked Freebirds from the moment I walked in there (let's just face it... who doesn't love an a la carte burrito line) but when they started serving BACON, that totally put them above Chipotle, Bullritos, and any other "make it your way" Tex-Mex style restaurant. The food here all taste good, but it'd be nice if they added seafood to the menu. I don't know if they still do this but if you tell them you go to the University of Houston, they'll give you a dollar off your meal. Take that and add a $2 margarita and you got yourself a meal!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Choose your size, your tortilla and your fillings as you progress along the line - the staff build the burrito adding what you want - cilantro rice is a nice change from the Spanish style, remainder of offerings are typical and nice quality. Pico is very mild - needed hot sauce to add intensity to the burrito - but the amount of chicken is quite generous. Overall we were pleased - stopped in for an early dinner and it was quick, filling and pretty much what we expected - a bit less than we had hoped for, but overall good.