“Wonderful restaurant”

Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Museum District
Description: Award winning Gulf Coast Cuisine. Houston's go to for fresh, uncompromising dining excellence in casual fine dining.
Blanco, TX
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I started with the Oysters Dan and they were perfect, fat and seasoned. My husbad loved his crawfish etouffe and I enjoyed the stuffed flounder.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TKasper2009

Sao Paulo, SP
“Great seafood”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A nice place to try seafood from the Gulf coast. Loved the crab cakes and stuffed shrimp. There are very good wines too.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank SimoneMMCampos
South Carolina
“Great meal, except for all the seasoning….”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A wonderfully vast selection of seafood items will satisfy even the pickiest of us connoisseurs. The atmosphere of the restaurant itself is more of dark wood and ambient lighting with leather booths and a nice bar area, not like what you would think of a seafood restaurant, giving it a very elegant and intimate feel. Kudos to our server who was very helpful in assisting us with choices on the menu. To start in this seafood gastronomic feast we ordered the Oysters Dan, and it did not disappoint, nice size oysters baked with lump crab and cheese topping, I was in heaven with these little gems of the sea, so fresh and creamy with a hint of ocean flavor, best item of the night. We also got the Sautéed Crawfish, also very fresh, but very spicy, need cut back on the seasoning so you can taste the crawfish, disappointing. I had the same issue with the Crab sauté that topped my Pecan Crusted Snapper. WAY to much rosemary on the fish, I barely touched the dish. My husband had the Shrimp Ettoufee, which came with rice, not nearly enough to soak up the huge pool of sauce the shrimps were laying in, should be served on a bed of rice. The flavor was very nice, not to spicy, but the shrimp had an odd “wharfy” taste, seemed fresh and had a nice crunch but couldn’t get past that odd taste. I also ordered the Bloody Mary cocktail, very yummy! Total spent $150, I gave them a 4, only because all that over seasoning ruined what would have been a awesome meal. I would return, just for those oysters.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank RominNaomi
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great food, great staff”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Once again, when near the gulf, have raw oysters. Their bay oysters were wonderful and much larger than I can get in the northern part of the state.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is causal and comfortable.a. The waitstaff is experienced and know the menu.

They have a special crawfish dish that cannot be beat. I wish I could remember the name, but I can't.

This was my second time to this restaurant and it will not be my last!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lachoirboy
Houston, Texas
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice place that has good seafood and a nice wine selection.
Gets busy on weekend evenings but the service was prompt.

Visited March 2013