“Great experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston East at Normandy
Ranked #205 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Location was of the most up most importance Central to everything that I wanted to visit. The room was Clean and Large Plenty of room to move around in. One of the staff was sad to see us go (traveled with our dogs) said she enjoyed seeing our pets every morning. Which not many places say and mean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed October 20, 2012

People if you're in Houston,Texas and need a hotel off the I-10,this is the place to be.I enjoyed my stay the staff was outstanding exceptionally clean rooms.I could go on but, you need to experience it for you self.I'll give it a "20". Good value I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Although the rooms are nice and breakfast is ok....just a warning that this hotel isn't in the best of neighborhoods. Our vehicle was broken into overnight while they had a "security" guard on duty. When reported, the front desk clerk seemed uninterested. We were informed by the responding officer that the neighborhood down the road from the hotel is known as a druggie hangout and the area is not the safest to stay in as it is known for criminal activity . So if you can, stay in the city rather than the outskirts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Tipp5000
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My stay at this location was good. I have stayed here several different times and have had not problems to speak of. Rooms are plenty big, beds are comfortable, and bathrooms are nice. Associates at the front desk are always more than helpful...very friendly. No complaints from me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel! Great place too for people that travel w/ their furry family members! Great spread in the morning, very comfortable rooms w/ micro- fridges, which help save money on meals so you can heat something in your room if you want.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This La Quinta is one of the best I have stayed in anywhere. Very clean, super convenient to downtown attractions (15 minutes to the Astros, Toyota Center, House of Blues, The Bayou Music Center) full breakfast with eggs and meats included (along with the usual waffles, cereal, breads, pastries)! Many places to eat just minutes away and a spotless pool to top it all off. What really sets this La Quinta apart is the staff. They are the most friendly and hardest working I have seen at a hotel in recent memory. Sonya at the front desk is awesome! Super friendly and helpful and always baking cookies! The cleaning staff - especially Betty - are the best. I lived here for 67 days and my room was cleaned daily and nothing was EVER missing. You could leave money and/or things of value out be mistake and they were always there when you returned to the room. All of the staff were very courteous and extremely pleasant. For the money this hotel is one of the best in Houston. They definitely made my relocation to Houston a much easier one - Thanks!

Room Tip: Second and third floors are quieter - lots of traffic on the first floor due to breakfast, meeting r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mikep1022
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Wonderful stay. Huge rooms/suite. I requested a handicap shower and we were provided with a beautiful suite with plenty of space to move the wheelchair around. Great service. Needed extra pillows and towels for my disabled mother and I was provided them without hassle. I would difinitely stay again if I ever travel to that area. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I paid around $140 + tax for the room/suite and it was well work the money to accomodate our special needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
Comfort Inn East
#270 of 517 in Houston
Hampton Inn Houston I-10 East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Channelview

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston East at Normandy? Share your experiences!